Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Religion a form of mind control? (Read 6736 times)
Nanner

Theres only AGAPE

Hamburg, Germany
Religion a form of mind control?
Feb 3rd, 2008 at 10:38am

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/esp_sociopol_mindcon13.htm

"I am unable to find information on your research regarding an international church which I have been told is a sect. This church apparently uses the Bible as its basic foundation but subtly changes passages. They are exclusive in that only through this church can one go to heaven. Once you are baptized in the church you are then put onto a performance rating regarding how many people you invite to church and people leaving this church all require counselling due to all the mind manipulation".....

Interesting viewpoint

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Re: Religion a form of mind control?
Reply #1 - Feb 3rd, 2008 at 11:00am

Nanna

All cults use evil mind control end of story

alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #2 - Mar 21st, 2008 at 10:28pm

hmm guys, I was wondering where to put this ditty of mine up, then I found this new room in the mansion of the board..so I'll put it here. man, this place has grown; kind of nice really.

1) Gurus are replaceable. You should have one for each day of the week and twice on Sunday.

2) If the guru has failed to enlighten you, ask him a trick question: Guru, why the delay in my progress?
If he says it’s not my job to enlighten you, he’s right. If he makes you feel guilty about something, he’s false.

3) If a guru makes u self empowered to find your answers in your own closet he’s true. If he makes you feel small, leave immediately.

4) If he’s driving a Rolls Royce, leave like yesterday because you paid for it.

5) If he wants u to drink poison spiked cool aid, I think it’s time to carefully consider how you ended up here, as clearly something has gone wrong when they want u to die for them.

6) A true guru wishes to send his followers away satisfied just like a true therapist doesn’t want to keep their patients longer than is necessary. A good therapist is mostly a sounding board because the patient has the answer within and just needs a little help accessing it. A guru will produce freedom not imprisonment if he’s acting from PUL.

7) Most gurus have been called into being because the people called forth for the guru on the subconscious level, a need existed. It’s a symbiotic relationship. he's only there until you outgrow the need for him. (or her)

8) A true guru is often reluctant to be put on a pedestal as a guru precisely because they know each of us has the same ability to be leader, and/or self healer. precisely because we are loved just as we are, and wherever we are at because we came from god.
9) A good guru, or therapist does not have sex with their followers or patients. duh.
10) A good guru never needs to raise their voice. a whisper can be heard from the back of the room. Mostly a good guru has love of mankind which is sensed in the atmosphere of where they live. the bible is still a good book if read with an open, seeking heart. in the bible it says, you will know them by their love. anybody question what love is, it's also in the bible and other books as well, it's a joy deep down in the soul feeling. it's just a knowing that god has no favorites.

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #3 - May 19th, 2008 at 3:49am

I just received this from a channelled source I subscribe to called Inner Whispers, this regarding about Religion:

The ego being finite becomes fearful without the soul's infinite perspective.  Religion plays upon this perspective so that the ego may follow a path of comfortable salvation, which indeed appeals to the eternal soul.

end of quote. there is a need sometimes for religion. then there is a point where there is no longer a need for that constriction, nor a need to be comfortable.

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

SHSS

Reply #4 - May 19th, 2008 at 3:43pm

Alan McDougall wrote on Feb 3rd, 2008 at 11:00am:
Nanna

All cults use evil mind control end of story

alan

Yes I believe this and all religions may be cults.  Religions and bibles keep people from searching within to find what is real.  People have killed for their religions and are doing so more than ever, it seems.  It is so hard to understand why people appear to want to be victims.

Smiley Kiss Cheesy

IP Logged

duncan

ALK Member

Reply #5 - Jan 28th, 2012 at 12:06pm

It seems to me that many people have a basic NEED to become involved with exclusive groups, clubs, cults, lodges etc. from childhood right on up. Organized Religions and cults, for their own gain...or aggrandizement, prey on that type of personality and provide those people with the elite exclusivity that they desire, but it always comes with a price......some higher than others....and the price to extricate yourself from such a group can range from a minor inconvenience to losing your physical life.

IP Logged

Oliver
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Mar 9th, 2012 at 6:35pm

Surely it is a form of mind control, and very openly so, whereas other forms of mind control in our civilization are less obvious - in this regard, religions seem to be more naive as they don't think of themselves of performing mind control.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.