Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
what is a verification code? (Read 4162 times)
LaughingRain
Ex Member

what is a verification code?
Jan 12th, 2008 at 11:29pm

Hi Allen Huh

I cant get the new password to LaffingRain account because the board is asking me to input a verification code which is not there.each time I click on "forgot password"  this verification code is requested. ha! this puter is asking the impossible of me as it won't send new password until I input a ver.code

I tell u there must be spirits tricking me! haha!

in case you're curious how I got in this time, I used another browser and I'm signed in all the time on Safari browser on this LaughingRain account.

I guess I'm making a big deal out of it Lips Sealed  I'm going to go load up firefox again. it may be camino browser the problem.

Do u know a code u can send me?

IP Logged

Allan
YaBB Administrator

Re: what is a verification code?
Reply #1 - Jan 13th, 2008 at 1:53am

Just above where it asks you to enter the verification code, it should say, "Your Verification Code is: " followed by a box with graphical characters.   The code is very faint and may be hard to see on some monitors.  It is this way to fool the "bots" that try to automatically recognize the code.  It is (hopefully) only recognized by the human eye.  It kind of reminds me of those "secret decoder rings" I used to get in the cereal boxes when I was a kid.  Give it a try and if you are still having problems seeing the verificaiton code, let me know and I will try to help you further.

IP Logged

LaughingRain
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 13th, 2008 at 7:03pm

hi ...

I found the verification code Allan, but on my monitor I needed to highlite it. even so my eyes must be to bad..I wear 300 lens reading glasses, but can barely make out white letters on this monitor. then puter said no such member as LaffingRain, so inputed it with lower caps as it originally was. no dice. so did the email address as user. no dice.

but you like me right? I'm like a pitbull.  Angry

IP Logged

Allan
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - Jan 13th, 2008 at 11:08pm

The lower-case one worked for me.  I had it send you an e-mail.  Let me know if you get it.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #4 - Jan 14th, 2008 at 2:56am

Allan wrote on Jan 13th, 2008 at 11:08pm:
The lower-case one worked for me.  I had it send you an e-mail.  Let me know if you get it.

YIIIIPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks dear. I'm rocking again. Smiley

it also came to the new email address u changed for me. the first time you sent me something went to my bulk folder in yahoo on the 11th. I just found it there today. that one didn't work. today this one did. thanks for all your patience. I feel like one silly woman right about now. Roll Eyes

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Allan
YaBB Administrator

Reply #5 - Jan 14th, 2008 at 4:30pm

Glad you are working again.  I think if you go into a message sent from afterlife-knowledge.com in Yahoo and click the "Add to address book" link next to the "From" address, then future messages from afterlife-knowledge.com should go into your Inbox instead of bulk mail.  It might be worth a try.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #6 - Jan 15th, 2008 at 5:08pm

oh very good tip. thanks Allan

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.