Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Where is GOD? (Read 2470 times)
NewSoul

Where is GOD?
Jan 12th, 2008 at 1:52am

The more I read Bruce Moen books and the Afterlife Knowledge Conversation Board, the more I am questioning about GOD. Where is GOD and his people? Does anyone actually see GOD at the other side of this World during his/her journey? I came to US from another country. I had to go through all imigration process with IRS folks. Sound like using Bruce Moen practice actually leading us to ILLEGAL crossing to another side of the World. If GOD is Perfect, then He would not let us wandering or being lost after death! Think of it like your first day at work in a new company. Sure, you may not know you way around or what to do but you won't be lost for sure.
Anyone helps me to understand, thanks.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Re: Where is GOD?
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2008 at 3:12am

Hi,

Where is God, Ah!! The eternal search of humanity, you are going o get as many answers to this question as people on the earth. Well god is everywhere and nowhere. God is all but god is separate from his creation you will not find god in a specific place. However, god can come down to our puny mortal level and reveal himself in a way we can comprehend. God is the source of everything.

As for some of us floating blissfully throughout the cosmos, if god did not want us to do this he could easily prevent us. And why did he give us this innate ability if he did not want us too utilize it?

We dont go wandering after death but are carefully introduced into this new realm of existence by the being of light.

Welcome

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

LaughingRain
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 12th, 2008 at 4:35am

NewSoul wrote on Jan 12th, 2008 at 1:52am:
The more I read Bruce Moen books and the Afterlife Knowledge Conversation Board, the more I am questioning about GOD. Where is GOD and his people? Does anyone actually see GOD at the other side of this World during his/her journey? I came to US from another country. I had to go through all imigration process with IRS folks. Sound like using Bruce Moen practice actually leading us to ILLEGAL crossing to another side of the World. If GOD is Perfect, then He would not let us wandering or being lost after death! Think of it like your first day at work in a new company. Sure, you may not know you way around or what to do but you won't be lost for sure.
Anyone helps me to understand, thanks.

_____

welcome to this country and sorry about the long line!  you must be concerned with what is known as retrievals. Just keep in mind most people don't need retrievals and for the ones that do, theres guides to assist and no one is left wandering in the end.

for some, I can use my sister as an example, u could say she was wandering for awhile, but not forever and she was retrieved like everyone is eventually. so you're right no one is lost forever. you could see it this way; the first time a person gets on a boat they may be nauseous from the motion of the sea; then they are said to attain their sea legs, by the observing that their body is adjusting. sometimes a transition needs a certain amount of becoming acclimated to a new territory.

this is where helpers come in, guides trained this way and help with the needed adjustments. and don't forget in the spiritual realms, time passing is felt much differently to a soul than it is here.

love, alysia

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 12th, 2008 at 2:30pm

You'll find God in doing for and benefiting others with no thought of the material self (this can mean many things, and covers a pretty broad area, not just material oriented service, but also kind, nonjudgmental, tolerant and loving thoughts towards others).   

You'll find God when you go deeply within and quiet all that is without, and listen deeply to the still small voice and guidance within.   

You'll find God in the harmony and connectedness of Nature, even though she may seem brutal and uncaring at times. 

You'll find God when you deeply desire It, and believe It is there already, and when you stop looking for all that which gets in the way of desiring, believing in, and becoming like God with which you once had a Oneness with in consciousness. 

Like attracts, begets, and consciously perceives  Like.

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 12th, 2008 at 3:51pm

You are a butterfly in God's hand. He carries you around. One day you fly away. Do you come back around, for one more look?

love, blink Smiley

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #5 - Jan 12th, 2008 at 5:56pm

New Soul,

The Bible teaches that God normally micro-manages neither human affairs nor the affairs of Nature.  Therefore, we are all somewhat victimized by time and chance (Ecclesiastes 9:11).  If we choose a godless path, God allows us to do so, but also allows us to experience the postmortem consequences of such life choices.  If we don't want God to be an active and determining force in our lives, then that preference will be respected in the afterlife as well and we might find ourselves lost or trapped in a self-chosen lower plane with souls just like ourselves: "Like attracts like."  But even such hellish planes are a teaching tool, a mirror to show us who and what we are--what a world would be like if everyone were just like us.  

Still, your objection would have merit if such postmortem consequences were permanent rather than a loving teaching tool to motivate us to adjust our priorities.  It is a serious mistake to allow our preconceptions about God's loving nature and power to prevent us from discovering the real God through divine revelation and experiences, both our own and those of others.  By trusting premature preconceptions, we inevitably create an idol that we can then attack and use as an excuse not to expand and deepen our quest.  We must recognize our limitations in taking all the relevant factors into acoount that drive God's policy and plan for us and our world.  If are agnostics, we must take care to step out of whatever ideological ghetto hold us back, so that stereotypes and cliches can be replaced by an increasing number of insights gleaned from new experiences and areas of research.

Don

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

Afterlife Knowledge Member

central california
Reply #6 - Jan 12th, 2008 at 8:38pm

Hi New Soul-
There's an interesting yoga exercise that might answer your question.

Cover your eyes and ears, shut your mouth and hold your nose. You are now cut off totally from the outside world. Listen to the inner sounds, the sound of your mind thinking. Is God closer? Is God farther? - Basically, neither.

Since cutting yourself off from the world makes no difference, God must be elsewhere. From anywhere, turn to go "elsewhere" - and it takes you out of this world of everyday existence. I'm not able to say where it goes because language fails.

After language fails, the mind's eye can still pursue the idea into an astral hyperspace and then to its point of Origin. Event One. And there you are, just you and God. In fact, God is hard to see, kinda blending into everything, but you're aware of you. And that's the essential message -  God is everywhere, yet when you go to look, you find only yourself, which means that to that degree you are God. We are the manifestation, God is the potential.

Generalizing, everyone is God, and God is the collection of all the Godliness of us all, as well as being what St Thomas Aquinas called "the Uncaused Cause", and is thus pervasively present in all spacetime.

dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #7 - Jan 13th, 2008 at 2:27am

Hi,

I like Dave thoughts on the matter; it does not matter where god is. From ones own personal perspective everything else beside the “me” might by figments of the “my” imagination, I Alan therefore might be , the only living  being in existence. Who knows maybe you guys are just illusions or dreams of mine, or maybe I am just one of your imaginations.

Everything is relative nothing is absolute

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.