Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How Does A Person Control Their OBE Travels? (Read 2491 times)
Alan McDougall

South Africa
How Does A Person Control Their OBE Travels?
Jan 1st, 2008 at 2:00pm

Huh

Hello all,

In have been able to induce many OBE’s over the years but never been able to control where I went. In feel, it would be wonderful, especially with a conscious OBE to go and observe anything you like. Is this type of experience forbidden? My lucid dreaming OBE is the same I have absolutely no control over what I see or where I have been.. In nearly all cases in, I cannot even establish what locality on earth I am observing.. Are others on the forum adept enough to control their OBE's and go and see what they want to see...?

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Re: How Does A Person Control Their OBE Travels?
Reply #1 - Jan 1st, 2008 at 3:02pm

no Alan, not that I know of anyone here can control their obes in conscious manner.

but phasing, a focus shifting of the mind is easier to control and is a lot like the obe flight.
although I must mention the exercise you posted is a good working model to obe or phase.

the only difference I can perceive between phasing and obe is in obe it seems our awareness occupies a body form, such as the astral form, where in phasing one is like dual consciousness; you're aware of the physical body is in the chair but also aware of where the mind has gone to view people and pictures, etc. any of the senses can be active.

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #2 - Jan 1st, 2008 at 5:54pm

Greetings,

When you do not set your intent to go to a particular place, there may be other reasons for where you end up.  Perhaps there is something to learn there, or someone to help?

When going on retrievals, we can ask to help a particular person we know of, or can just ask to be used to the best of our ability. Either way, we are of service. When we don't ask for a particlar assignment, I was thinking that we were more doing God's will.

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

jazel

canada-qc
Reply #3 - Jan 2nd, 2008 at 11:32am

Hi

would this help? Just came over it from Bruce's Curiosity's father:

If I can identify a feeling associated with any specific altered state of consciousness, the act of remembering that feeling will automatically shift my awareness to that specific altered state of consciousness. Put these two concepts together, State-Specific Memory and the Hemi-Sync model of consciousness and you have a marvelous tool for Afterlife exploration.
p. 294

jaZel______|_

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #4 - Jan 2nd, 2008 at 2:27pm

Robert Monroe found that for years his guidance determined where he went during OBEs, without his knowing that this was taking place. I found the same, even though I haven't gone out of body as much as Robert did.

I've found that where we want to go and where we need to go for growth purposes, doesn't always match up. It may be that before we incarnated, or even later in an unconscious manner, we made an agreement with our guidance to be brought where we need to be brought during OBEs, rather than where parts of our mind that don't know the whole story want to go.

Even right now, as you think about it, would you rather travel to places that will help your spiritual growth, or to whatever place strikes your fancy at a particular moment? Consider that when you aren't physically incarnated, you probably have lots of time to check out the astral realms.

Another factor to consider, is that our spiritual development and service schedule might be busier than we realize. It is said that some of us take part in retrievels while asleep without us realizing it. It is possible that we might not have enough energy to go gallivanting about astrally anytime we want.
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2008 at 8:43pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #5 - Jan 2nd, 2008 at 9:06pm

Cool

Hi Guys,

Thinking about it, I have gone to places and “known” where I was on occasions. For example, I have stood on Brookland Bridge at night and looked at the lights of New York and I have walked the streets of London, even getting lost in the maze I found there. However, I did not direct, my consciousness there I just ended up there. This type of uncontrolled OBE adventure I have had many times.

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #6 - Jan 2nd, 2008 at 11:34pm

hi Alan. do u ever wonder if theres a reason you ended up at the bridge, or the streets of London? this is what intrigues me how and why we would end up someplace we think we had no intention of obeing to.

thats why I like phasing. I know what my intention is and thats where I end up, so I'm not confused, with how did I get here?

on the other hand Alan, if it became like a pleasure trip, it's like a wonderful gift, a knowing that you truly are more than a body. I assume it was enjoyable to look at the lights of new york city.
_____

retrievals are different. it's like Bets explained, retrievals you are relying on some other power, call it a service call, where only guides can take you, so it's involuntary in that sense, but I found the intention to do a retrieval will produce that experience, but it sometimes takes me several days to set the intention. little slow sometimes.

to further Alan's question, what would it be like to go anywhere you want to obe?
I dunno, Alan, do you sail out when and where you want to all of the time?
the same day you want to? takes me days to do that, but if I'm really really curious I can do it. or if I really need to deliver a message to someone that might help them, I get an obe where we're talking about it and resolving it or trying to.

Paul thanks, thats good advice about the remembering of a feeling of love, seems to do the trick quite nicely when I've utilized it, especially with idea being of service.

heres one obe I had I thought interesting. Alan visited different physical locations on Earth, and so this obe was similar as it was a physical location I needed to find.
The service ideal feeling was there, so maybe thats why it worked. I didn't expect it to work, another involuntary SURPRISE! so I tracked the reason it happened, so I could feel I was causing it. I found myself shooting along above the freeway on my way to a town I'd never been in, Los Osos where my kid sister had just moved. I was even looking at exit ramps wondering which one. Found the right one, as it turned out later, I would drive there, so it was familiar when I actually did go there and take that same exit. I had an overview of the long road and the overview was larger than what the physical retina can see. that was nice. I was mapping without a map it seems. driving myself there, only in spirit body. in the obe I found her house and stepped inside and saw her arguing with her son in the kitchen. I confirmed with her later, she was always instructing the young man about taking self responsibility, job concerns, as he had quit school early.
I noticed she was very concentrated on the child rearing business and glanced at me, but was preoccupied. I then looked at the layout of the rooms imprinting the memory of them. I then went into her son's room. I saw plant nursery tools. I later discover my nephew has been working for a landscape business. I next look at the room again, as this is where my mother will stay for awhile, and I need to make sure my mother is comfortable here. it is shown as ready and empty for mother. I later find out my nephew goes to stay with his father for awhile and the room becomes available. I next am floating around the room and glance at a table and see a mustard stain. I look around and there are more mustard stains. I scratch my head and return to body. the next day I call my sister and we discuss things, as well the mustard stains. I laughed my head off at the verification I had seen. my nephews girl loved mustard, but was a bit sloppy about cleaning it up!

commenting on R's post:

Robert Monroe found that for years his guidance determined where he went during OBEs, without his knowing that this was taking place. I found the same, even though I haven't gone out of body as much as Robert did.
_____
same here for me R. except when I started doing retrievals I saw it wasn't necessary to do obes and the same information can be obtained, and if I went obe as much as Monroe, I'd probably be a lot nuttier than I am, I think he had to get used to it for a very long time before he could feel like a normal human being again. I'm grateful for the obes I've had, but they are no where come close to Monroe's.
_____

R: I've found that where we want to go and where we need to go for growth purposes, doesn't always match up.
____
true here too.
____

R: It may be that before we incarnated, or even later in an unconscious manner, we made an agreement with our guidance to be brought where we need to be brought during OBEs, rather than where parts of our mind that don't know the whole story want to go.
_____
sorta like u don't always get what u want, but u get what u need?
____

R: Even right now, as you think about it, would you rather travel to places that will help your spiritual growth, or to whatever place strikes your fancy at a particular moment? Consider that when you aren't physically incarnated, you probably have lots of time to check out the astral realms.
_____
true. lol. just thought of something. wonder if the astral can become boring? the higher planes are fascinating. I can see myself saying, oh, is this all there is? In the BSTs, then standing in line to have another life. maybe not. somehow i don't think it's boring at all, as long as we're tuned into higher purposes and not just playing around for fun. while it's fun, regardless of purpose, just to be outside the body with consciousness. and in a way, we are pioneers. we help folks to realize they can accomplish to know death is not real.
_____

Another factor to consider, is that our spiritual development and service schedule might be busier than we realize. It is said that some of us take part in retrievels while asleep without us realizing it. It is possible that we might not have enough energy to go gallivanting about astrally anytime we want.
____

I think the key is desire or curiosity or an emotion will cause the obe at first. Monroe's first obe book, they were not necessarily about providing a service of love to anyone. then as his books progressed you could see his spiritual growth was also increasing. so at first, we might conclude we are simply taking baby steps like he did. I don't know if lack of energy is a consideration in inducing an obe. Trusting higher self would be a part of it, and its back to the thought you will get what you need, not necessarily what you thought it would look like though. I'm sure my schedule is not permitted into full consciousness level C1 as I might blow a circuit, we can only handle so much at one time to be handled by the brain in linear time. especially if don't believe something we just saw ourselves do.
Sometimes the self out there acts differently than u would normally act. this causes a minor belief system crash/conflict you have to deal with.
so it's back to trusting your higher guidance. I'm sure all of us are on different stages of the obe or phasing development and go out at night into various places and interact with friends and associates.
I remember being at two lectures in different years. right around 9/11 and here last year I met a board member at another lecture. sorry I can't remember specifics, but I brought back the feelings of having something resolved in the emotional level.

good thread. thanks

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.