Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My method of meditation (Read 1884 times)
Alan McDougall

South Africa
My method of meditation
Dec 31st, 2007 at 12:16pm

Hi Guys,

I post this thread on the method I use in meditation. When I can get the chance and quiet place to practice in. If your method differs and is more effective just continue doing it your way.

1) Preparation
Find yourself a comfortable position, and focus on relaxing your body as much as you are able. Close your eyes. Follow your breath and try to establish a quiet rhythm; in slowly and out slowly. Be still.

2) Reflection & Reception
Begin by saying a “word” that summarizes the reason for your meditation (what you want to meditate on)” Reflect deeply on this word for a long moment.

Now feel the light from Source shining down on your crown. Visualize this entering through the top of your head and traveling down to your heart centre - which is located in the centre of your chest at the height of your physical heart. Really, try to feel the light from Source resonating in your heart blossoming and expanding. Feel beautiful blinding light developing forming expanding and filling your whole being in the heart centre. Say the “word” again. Put the "word" in the attics of your mind and continue.

Feel that your heart is opening to infinite light energy of love and power that is entering through your crown and traveling down to this centre. Your heart is opening to the light. Your heart IS the light. Submerge yourself in this feeling. Don’t retract in fear as you feel the energy entering your body.

3) Creative Meditation
While holding this feeling of the” word” within the heart, begin to turn your attention outwards to those who you want to help (it of course might be yourself). Let your awareness expand outwards to connect with and encompass all.  Feel the energy combined of emanating from your heart and surrounding all those that you want to effect. See within the light compassion and love.

Feel that this wave of living light expand ever outwards into the universe merging with god the infinite. Feel yourself as being a conduit for the light of the Universe that touches all life in creation. Feel yourself becoming submerged in the experience of the light. You are now the light. You are the energy of Source/God. You are god you have become God in your mind. I n this state you are able to view existence with the intellect and mind of God, you become momentarily infinite. “I have only experienced this wonderful state during my nde”
”Continue to be the spark of light within the mind of God”.

Now bring your awareness back to your heart centre. Feel the warmth and the glow there. Fill your whole body with this feeling. Let the energy travel out from the heart and see it resonate within every cell of your body. You are glowing with positive energy.

Now, take this energy from the heart, down through your body, down your legs, and through your feet and visualize it going into the Earth. Feel your connection through your feet with the ground underneath you.

Take your awareness back to your breath. Watch your breath going slowly in and then out for a few moments. When you are ready, you just open your eyes. “This is not a trance state, you are always in control”

How long should the above event take? There is no time limit or constraint just progress each day until you are able to use this state in conjunction with your imagination to view the afterlife realms or even our physical universe.

Imagination why? Well the bible says God created us in his “image”. Image is short for “imagination”. Imagination is the most powerful creative forces in the universe.

Practice makes perfect. Do we all need to get as serious as I indicated above? No! if you are interested practice meditation or go on and develop your own unique approach to opening the doors to the yet unknown marvels of existence and the afterlife.

Love

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

Afterlife Knowledge Member

central california
Re: My method of meditation
Reply #1 - Dec 31st, 2007 at 7:00pm

Sounds like a good idea. Thanks for sharing!
d

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #2 - Dec 31st, 2007 at 10:14pm

Thanks Alan!

Very concise and also so clearly knowledgeable!
I gave my husband a copy in hopes he'll become more involved in meditation too.

Do you get a sense that the Energy is coming from the N-E? I read that all the universes are heading that way. On another thread you mentionned that you visited the Great Mother of All Universes and saw golden light---I was wonderring if the light/energy experienced during meditation comes from there, reminding us to come Home?

Bets
« Last Edit: Jan 1st, 2008 at 10:18am by betson »  

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #3 - Jan 2nd, 2008 at 9:02pm

I too had an experience where I seemed to radiate energy from the heart center, at first in meditation, and then it continued when I walked around. It made the world looking differently. I had to imagine, just like you told Alan, to expand this energy more and more, infinitely, as it was so strong, it "wanted" to expand outwards.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

AhSoLaoTsuAhhOmmra
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 3rd, 2008 at 1:02am

Thank you for sharing Alan.

IP Logged

Nanner

Theres only AGAPE

Hamburg, Germany
Reply #5 - Jan 3rd, 2008 at 6:27am

Awwwww Alan, darn it. Get on a plane, come here to germany and sit by me as you tell me what to do! I can`t read it and do it at the same time...lol.. I just tried....lol.. And you dog on it - are making me print it out and learn it by heart now...

... You Alans always do that to me....lol..
Thank you for sharing,  Smiley I and other newbies at least now have something which is written in short version plain understanding and that helps a bunches. You`re a sweetheart! Thank you for posting that.

Nanner

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.