Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
One self and souls (Read 12271 times)
dave_a_mbs

Afterlife Knowledge Member

central california
Re: One self and souls
Reply #30 - Jan 2nd, 2008 at 5:42pm

Hi R-
We're getting into the esoteric stuff here. It took me several months to get the idea of satchitananda straight in my mind. In essence, satyan refers to karma yoga, chittan to jnana yoga and anadam to bhakta yoga. And the three yogas arise directly from the three gunas, basic aspects of reality, rajas, tamas and sattva. Let's see if my understanding agrees with yours -

Incidentally, I'm a jnani by personal preferences, which makes for an occasionally awakward fit to this forum where mostly people are bhaktis. Hence I tend to use logic as compared to love as my primary mediating concept.

The essential idea is that as we perfect ourselves, we attain a relatively complete yogic posture in each of these three areas. In fact, it turns out that all we need is to get rid of major issues. A few minor ones don't seem very important - they just cause little karmic bubbles every so often when we do some trivial thing, like speeding a bit, or neglecting an opportunity to help others etc.

The other thing about satchitananda is that it is usually associated with inner silence, although that is not actually part of the definition. Success in yogic meditation tends to occur at about the same time, and everything sort of shuts down because we don't need it, which is pleasant. It's always easier to turn it back on than to get it to shut up - I recall how wonderful it was when I finally got my own mind to shut up for a half hour!

The value of satchitananda is that since it is a state of yogic absorption, it gives us three ways in which to handle incoming events from a positive basis. Normally, a random incoming event will have potentialy positive or negative impact on our lives because we can't control the unknown factors of the future. With at least two of the three yogas mastered, we have at least two ways to usefully respond in order to handle the event, and also to handle its impact, even if negative. That's because even if it wipes out some positive goal according to one of the three systems, we still have another way to work with it to reconcile everything. So satchitananda is a state in which we are liberated from negative karma - hence "Liberation" is one of the names for the state.

This is not samadhi nor nirvana. It's just a posture in life. Samadhi is a specifically meditative trance - with seed it condenses to sarvastarka (no opposites) and that goes to nirvastarka (no differentiations). Nirvana simply refers to losing the tendency to attach ourselves to things because we no longer find them worth the hassle. Instead, we maintain a carefree state without contingencies.

An interesting thing that I noticed is that sarvastarka samadhi brings awareness of the "Cosmic Consciousness" - as if we are participating in a universal Mind. All questions are answered - but I couldn't think of anything to ask. My interpretation was that this was like being touched by God - and like the first crystalline seed that leads a window to frost over in the next instant, everything seems to become "God-saturated". It's almost as if we can go on autopilot after the first taste. God seems to be like honey - a tiny drop, scarcely enough to notice, spreads out to cover everything.

dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #31 - Jan 2nd, 2008 at 7:27pm

Thanks for the response Albert. Yes, it could be as you say, although it can be true together with the possibility/theory of the "one-I-function" I have outlined. You wrote:

>>>When in human form, "Is" tend to be quite limited. When they progress further, usually sometime after death, they find out that there is much more to an "I' than meets the eye.  They'll find that they are connected to disks/I-theres/Soul groups/whatever name you like to use, and they'll have access to all kinds of memories/information that they'll be able to make use of according to need. They'll find that it is possible to make use of knowledge in a manner that is so wise and loving, that no need to negate the existence of an "I" comes into being.<<<

And exactly these enhanced abilities of having access to knowledge is what makes me wonder about the meaning of "I". Sometimes in meditation, when I communicate with helpers or my higher self, I feel I'm an open book, already read by my communication partner. It seems indeed, there is the ability to have access to all memories of another being. This leaves me questioning about how true the viewpoint is at all, that "I" am "here", the "other" is "there", while we could totally share all our experiences we have ever had. Because it turns out then, there is no difference in experiences anymore, and what is left is the difference of the viewpoint- me "here", the other "there", only this, and this is a strange thing, as it is nothing with a content, nothing substantial, but only a sort of meta-function.
  Another example to illustrate this is the old problem of the continuity of a person. We're used to say that we're the same person now than we were yesterday, when we're saying "Yesterday I did this and that, and today I do this and that". In another meaning, we're not the same, because since yesterday we have gathered new memories, and our bodies changed a bit. From this, what remains the same, the "I", is independent from our experiences, memories, personal history and is a mysterious kind of empty viewpoint. (This fits with the old philosophic statement that everything which is composed and has extension, is subject to change and nonpermanent, and only what is non-composed and not extended is eternally the same)

So, apparently we can think in two ways of an evolution of individual spirits. Greater awareness and enhanced means of access to all sorts of knowledge and experiences can lead to
1. An (only seemingly) merging of "I"s through total sharing of memories, or
2. An ever refining development of individuality.

Or maybe it's both, somehow. I have heard of experiences of altered states, and some of my own experiences went in the same direction, where one is embedded in the whole like a sort of relais-station, sharing all data of the whole network and processing them. Maybe the whole network is like a resonator, depending of all it's parts, and the sum is fed back to all the parts of it, so that finally one can't really speak of "parts" and "the whole" as it is so closely interdependent.

These thoughts are not mere sophistication or theorization for me, it's as real as thinking about what to have for breakfast. Smiley

To Dave: To be entirely without attachments is incompatible with being physically alive, isn't it? As one needs to care about many things to stay alive.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #32 - Jan 3rd, 2008 at 1:58am

hi there, this really is a good thread all in all.  Smiley I'm learning lots of stuff. I can only self examine when I read this stuff, perhaps thats a bit like self determination maybe R is talking about.
theres a lot of gray areas in discussing these sorts of subjects. I don't see that there is black or white areas in life, or a thing called absolute law, as rather I look to find the exception to the rule to see why it works to be an exception.

as I was reading the posts I started doing my self examination by seeing where everyone elses focus point was. so I do this, thats how I find myself.
I discovered I was attached to this board like a barnacle on a boat..I might need scraping off in that case!  Smiley
I see we are doing all right, because I'm doing all right so that is my empathic focus. I'm glad to hear R is not trying to run anybody off. I rather like everybody to stay.
R was talking about false gurus:
R, its people themselves who ask for a guru and proceed to make that false guru in their own mind. A false guru cannot manifest into society unless the people themselves create that in there own minds. woe unto the false guru who is just trying to have a life and not have to constantly explain exactly why he is not what they would make of him. theres even a book called the reluctant messiah which makes me think of this guru topic. as u can see, my sympathy is with the false guru, who has some kind of calling which attracts the others unto him and causes a chain of remorse upon his soul.

I can imagine this on an emotional level. I know someone like this. on an emotional level, say this false guru meets people from time to time and these people try to extract a secret from him which is not there. after awhile, these who failed to extract the golden egg, whatever, would vacate the premises shaking their heads in disappointment. this in turn would make the false guru feel bad because he didn't really have the golden egg so he tried to please them, and just couldn't. because he was just a man. he might even start to not like himself. it would be hard to find a true friend because all these others would be creating of him a false image.

this scenario reminds me of the bible, to not have false idols. but we do it anyway. don't wanna get on a rant, but I think celebrity rags are harmful. so and so marriage has broken up, point of example. then the public gloats..well, if the rich and famous have failed relationships, then they are no better than me, people get off on this kind of thinking; I believe its called sensationalism. we experience awe, jealousy, possessiveness but if we see these items in our own self, we tend to call it a different name and self justify. so yea, we are a mess here. it appears to me as kindergarten Earth school. but though we blow up the world, follow false gurus, whatever, we must always focus on whats left of the world, the things that remain to rebuild.

and everyone soon enough becomes the phoenix bird arising from the ashes of what was as you just can't keep a good man or woman down. I think theres a vast difference in having an idol and just honoring the creative divine part of each person on Earth. we must all be in degree of our own potential. some times people are clone like though. we should get over that. in due time.

just rambling.
would people please stop calling me a nice person here? I don't want to get that reputation that I'm too nice. Cheesy

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #33 - Jan 3rd, 2008 at 1:34pm

Alysia:

I know of a lot of well meaning people who went to see false gurus not because they wanted a false guru, but because they were sincere about spiritual growth.  Because of their trusting nature, they would for years diligently apply themselves to teachings that won't completely accomplish what they are looking for. Often these teachings point them in the wrong direction.

False gurus aren't like a bartender who tries to talk a drunk patron out of one last drink. They are like drug pushers who try to get people to have a snort.

LaffingRain wrote on Jan 3rd, 2008 at 1:58am:
hi there, this really is a good thread all in all.  Smiley R, its people themselves who ask for a guru and proceed to make that false guru in their own mind. A false guru cannot manifest into society unless the people themselves create that in there own minds. woe unto the false guru who is just trying to have a life and not have to constantly explain exactly why he is not what they would make of him. theres even a book called the reluctant messiah which makes me think of this guru topic. as u can see, my sympathy is with the false guru, who has some kind of calling which attracts the others unto him and causes a chain of remorse upon his soul.

I can imagine this on an emotional level. I know someone like this. on an emotional level, say this false guru meets people from time to time and these people try to extract a secret from him which is not there. after awhile, these who failed to extract the golden egg, whatever, would vacate the premises shaking their heads in disappointment. this in turn would make the false guru feel bad because he didn't really have the golden egg so he tried to please them, and just couldn't. because he was just a man. he might even start to not like himself. it would be hard to find a true friend because all these others would be creating of him a false image.

this scenario reminds me of the bible, to not have false idols. but we do it anyway. don't wanna get on a rant, but I think celebrity rags are harmful. so and so marriage has broken up, point of example. then the public gloats..well, if the rich and famous have failed relationships, then they are no better than me, people get off on this kind of thinking; I believe its called sensationalism. we experience awe, jealousy, possessiveness but if we see these items in our own self, we tend to call it a different name and self justify. so yea, we are a mess here. it appears to me as kindergarten Earth school. but though we blow up the world, follow false gurus, whatever, we must always focus on whats left of the world, the things that remain to rebuild.

and everyone soon enough becomes the phoenix bird arising from the ashes of what was as you just can't keep a good man or woman down. I think theres a vast difference in having an idol and just honoring the creative divine part of each person on Earth. we must all be in degree of our own potential. some times people are clone like though. we should get over that. in due time.

just rambling.
would people please stop calling me a nice person here? I don't want to get that reputation that I'm too nice. Cheesy

« Last Edit: Jan 3rd, 2008 at 8:44pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #34 - Jan 3rd, 2008 at 1:51pm

Dave:

If we're going to use Hindu terminology, I would say that most people on this forum are jnanis, rather than bhaktis. As you know, a bhakti is a person who tries to love God more and more, until he or she is no more.  Except for a few exceptions, I don't find that people speak very much about how much they love God. For some, the existence of God as an actual being is a question. Perhaps people are bhaktis if one considers loving each other the same as loving God. Otherwise, people seem more like Jnanis, in that they seek knowledge, albeit with different parameters than jnana yoga.

I used to follow the Jnani approach. As I'm sure you know, I found that the path didn't have everything I need.

I always thought of satchitananda in terms of sat=existence, chit=consciousness, and ananda=bliss. Not that it really matters. Just terminology.

It's pretty cool that when you experienced savikalpa samadhi you didn't have any questions. When I had what I refer to as my night in heaven experience, things were simply known without having to think about them. I figure a natural state of knowledge wouldn't require us to keep asking questions, as we try to figure things out intellectually. Our connection to what universal mind has learned will make knowledge a natural thing.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #35 - Jan 3rd, 2008 at 2:09pm

Spooky:

I figure knowledge is one thing, and taking on self definition by limiting thought patterns is another. I figure a higher self/disk consciousness isn't limited by the various personalities its various selves have manifested. By the time a consciousness gets to the point where it can create additional selves for learning purposes, it has reached the point where it knows how to make use of thought energy without being limited by it.

I figure that when a self returns to its disk, it develops the ability to learn with the same freedom that a disk consciousness learns with.  

I've found that there are two ways of understanding. Either we can understand something intellectually, or we can open ourselves to universal mind and understand in a way that is certain. When we do the latter, we don't get bogged down in psychological conditioning.

Like you, I've found that my higher self sees me as an open book. It doesn't miss a thing. There is no way it could understand me so completely,  if wasn't able to see me in a comprehensive way that didn't include the limitations of psychological conditioning, nor a way of thinking that is limited to thought by thought thinking.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #36 - Jan 3rd, 2008 at 3:23pm

R says: False gurus aren't like a bartender who tries to talk a drunk patron out of one last drink. They are like drug pushers who try to get people to have a snort.
____
ahhh sounds like my first husband whom I couldn't be one with unless I smoked his pot.

I suppose the jist of all this talk is what was said a long time ago; trust yourself, that all the answers are within, to go into your closet..that truth is not "out there."

being a solitary reclusive contemplator as I see myself, I have never sought a guru and only learned my stuff through various relationships of personal bearing. yet it was and is a perfect pathway for me to learn through relationships. they are the relationships that are important.
where did I hear this phrase "if you meet a guru on the path, slay him?"

or let us not kill the messenger? I agree going into one's closet is to take care of business at home and develop this ability to hear all the answers one might seek.

for me, getting to the point I might listen to music and hear some truth. like the song, Satisfied mind. I had that as a favorite once. I wanted to die with a satisfied mind, so I said, ok, piece of cake. well it wasn't a piece of cake, but to get to the point where death has no fear surrounding it when u think on it, to get to that satisfied mind I saw I had a lot of living to do first and satisfaction came later, but no one could tell me a thing, I would not trust anyone to tell me nothing, and when I was young, I was still smart in my way, I did not grow fond of pot and got no high from it although my husband smoked it constantly and the rest of the time wanted to control me it seemed.

these experiences we go thru in relationship show us the ability to walk away from overbearing people, that we are stronger than we know.
women more than men are abused by their husbands, either emotionally or physically. my experience with Ron set me on my path and so I can't complain. but I had no one to talk to about the way another person can try to dominate their partner. So, survival here without bloodshed means to me to be strong and not let anyone walk on you, even in the name of love. I think true freedom must come from inside and that guides do assist us on that journey if we would do this kind of prayer and then listen for the answer and follow thru. so it's about living and owning yourself to my way of thinking, if we are talking about basic character growth.
love, alysia

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

central california
Reply #37 - Jan 3rd, 2008 at 3:25pm

Snoopy - Excellent point. How to live without being involved in the living process? I have a possibly limited perspective here, but it seems to work.  For some reason I think of a chicken leaving its egg behind. Or the worm that suffers through the ending of the world, only to wake next day as a butterfly with no thought of its cocoon.

This seems to be a sequence. The animal aspect of our being is conditioned, so it really is not only attached, but it is of the nature of attachments, a wholly contingent assemblage. And we start out believing in the animal nature of our own being, and we set up all manner of contingent interactions by which to enhance and glorify it.

But in time we abandon ideas about being a body and go on to being a mind, and to being a spiritual essence. Bodhicitta, love for our fellows, arises, and we sense that the universality of sentient existence ties us all together, and we  act in a manner that expresses our inner joy and enthusiasm, as if we were at the center of creation. Eventually, we just accept what comes, That doesn't negate our values and preferences, since those take their value from acting as extensions of our situation. That is, we don't suddenly stick our fingers in a flame, or look for some tasty bathroom cleanser to sprinkle on our corn flakes. Nor do we obsess about it. We just go on and do whatever seems appropriate. "Chop wood, carry water," so to say.

My feeling is that attachment to life is better expressed by the long line of Poor Me types lined up at the pharmacy counter for the latest curatives, hoping to extend their lives by another ten minutes. It's not that they're wrong - they aren't. But they seem to be so involved with quantity that the notion of quality is lost, and everything devolves into struggling for one more day of mechanical support for a spark that would have naturally died out years ago.

By contrast - I'm aware that I'm slowly dying of a combination of cardiac insufficiency and bad lungs and I get a bit pissy when I can't breathe, or when I bend an arthritic joint the wrong direction, But I have far too much to do do spend time over it. It isn't worth worrying about. So I go off to have fun - at present I'm having a blast setting up a restaurant, which involves a huge real estate reshuffling to pay for it. Our chef just had a new baby, Angelo, my wife has a new house, I have some fun toys. I might drop off the planet to morrow, but today is fun.

I recall some Tibetan who mentioned that when they get the impression that a new building was needed, they simply went out and built it. And it was done "without thinking".

So the question that I sense here is whether the fire that burns the wood is attached to the wood, or is the wood merely an incidental bit of furniture through which the fire expresses its nature?

Alysia - To paraphrase you inaccurately, I like the analogy of the phoenix a bit more than being a barnacle on something's bottom, but that is pretty close to the way it looks to me as well.  Baenacles start life as freely floating little guys. Then they get attached to what they hope is solid and they cling to it relentlessly, because they see nothing else. (Talk about a BST!) I don't think that a "nice person" like you has abandoned hope to the extent of barnacleization. (Hm, makes me want to scratch my backside.)

IMHO this forum is hardly a rock of solidity. I view it more as a location over which a rather fierce fire is burning. As we abandon old perspectives and adopt new ones, we effectively release the old world and take on the new. This seems to be a natural path. We start in freedom and ignorance, attach to something, including false teachers (there's only One ultimate teacher anyhow), then drop off again and float away in a world of renewed freedom in which attachments are unnecessary.

R- my thought was based on the common observation of people saying things like, "Love is everything." That's a bhakta perspective. It isn't incorrect, but neither is it complete.

Agreed, satchitananda is classically defined as "the perfection of existence, awareness and blissfulness" - known as a realized state of being. These are just the three gunas in revised form, rajas = satyam = karma yoga, tamas = anandam = bhakta yoga, and sattva = chittam = jnana yoga. The inference is that we can get by without paying undue attention to any of these worldly factors, which is the goal of the three generic yogas. It's a three way un-attachment, so to say. What strikes me as most valuable about this is that perfection is not at all required. It seems that all we need is to be adequate, to cut down on the major issues, and things improve immediately, and to the degree that we have limited our demands and attachments.

Evidently, in sarvastarka samadhi we all have essentially the same experience. There are no contradictions, everything is explained, everything is obvious etc. - When everything is known, how can anything be asked? - Actually, I sort of felt stupid that I couldn't think of a suitable question, and of course when the perspective changes, so does access to the answers.

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

AhSoLaoTsuAhhOmmra
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Jan 3rd, 2008 at 4:00pm

Hi Alysia, after reading some of your responses to Recoverer on this thread, i think you'd might benefit from reading something i just wrote recently on this site.

Here is a link and my reply is towards the end of the thread so far

http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1199049963/0#6

I really think you have some mistaken perceptions and beliefs about Albert.  While i don't believe he is fully Source attuned, he is attaining to that awareness and far along the path, and he mostly wants to help people.   In short, while he hasn't set himself up as one, i believe he is a real teacher as talked about in the above link.   I'm sure he still has his misconceptions, misinterpretations, and even emotional hang ups, but to ascribe such generalized unloving intentions and motivations to him...well i just cannot agree at all.   

Belief systems are strange things, they are double edged swords, which can help to cage people, or to help set them free.    While the choice is always up to us, beliefs and belief systems are not neutral energies.   All relative energies, affect all other relative energies.  There are degrees of fast vibratory patterns and frequencies and slow vibrating energies in relation to both different teachings and different teachers.

Albert has been caught up in such limiting belief systems, and has largely freed himself from them, he would like to see others freed from same.    This at times, may mean speaking out against such beliefs.   What i would agree with you about, is that Albert could do less speaking out against, and more speaking on what's true, right, and freeing in nature.   He does do the latter, but does seem to spend a bit of energy on the former as well.   Maybe the proportion is not fully optimal, but again that doesn't mean that he has negative intentions and wishes to see people hurt.   

Thankfully, unlike many other Guru's or teachings out there, he doesn't claim to be fully Source attuned and perfectly knowledgeable on stuff.   

What i find interesting, in comparing say the N.T. to many Eastern teachings is this.   Many Eastern teachings spend a lot of time and energy on concepts, ideas, etc.    The N.T. on the other hand, is an account of how one Source realized person freed himself by living totally for others and then set about freeing others.   It's all based on pure example and the partial account of a life lived.   There is not a lot of esoteric teaching, thinking, and concepts in there, it's there in a sense but not directly as distractions and glittering side thoughts.   

The call of Christ is so simple in its message, lose self in service to others and you will find your true self again.  Think more of others and their needs and not so much of the little self's needs and wants.  Learn of love, remember love and to love.   The best way to teach that, is by and through example, and that's why the N.T. is so account based.

It cuts through all the misleading, extraneous, and/or distracting stuff that so many Eastern teachings are filled with.  And i'm not saying that all Eastern teachings are worthless, not by any means, i've gained from my studies into these, but like Albert i've found that as belief systems, they can be limiting.    When is say these things, i don't mean to offend those attached to same, or to try to hurt anyone.      You may believe that all you like, you certainly seem to oft ascribe those perceptions to Albert.   

Anyways, yeah if you read that link and really think about some of the real spiritual teachers and their lives of yester year, you will understand that they are not always very socially accepted, liked, and what not.   They do not tell others what their false self aspects want to hear.   They are sometimes even controversial and upsetting to others, like Jesus with the Pharisees, Scribes, and Sadducee's....

Well i would say there is a little bit of Jesus AND Pharisee in all of us.   Best be sure what one is primarily emotionally reacting from.   The clue is in the term emotionally reacting and in reactive.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #39 - Jan 3rd, 2008 at 4:24pm

Dave said: Alysia - To paraphrase you inaccurately, I like the analogy of the phoenix a bit more than being a barnacle on something's bottom
_____
hi Dave, I like to use funny sounding phrases but I realize nobody is going to enjoy reading my posts as much as I enjoy reading the funny things (to me) that pops up to mind. sometimes I'll get a word in my head even and I don't know where I got it from; I'll look in the dictionary to see what it means. actually, in the back of my mind I realize I need this place to talk to you guys. I just got a thud sound in my gut when I wrote that so it must be true. so I should clarify, I am here, I choose to be here and I'm not a barnacle really, I'm more than sea life. funny, I just realized I'm not really attached as I thought I was. so I suppose we all grow in our way here, to be writing to each other this way, seems to sprout up new thoughts and is energizing.
and besides, having spent most of my life being pretty much the introvert of the universe, I now feel the need to be gabby with like minded. I'm working on the sense of humor if you will cut me some slack on that.
_____

Dave said
IMHO this forum is hardly a rock of solidity. I view it more as a location over which a rather fierce fire is burning.
____
well I agree it's pretty hot in here sometimes.
____
Dave said;

R- my thought was based on the common observation of people saying things like, "Love is everything." That's a bhakta perspective. It isn't incorrect, but neither is it complete.
_____
well hmmm. maybe it's like a superficial comment to say love is everything and such comments are so easy to toss out as they lose their meaning. take the song title for instance "Love is just a Four Letter Word."
this bothered me, it might be true! haha! well come to find out its true, yet move along into another perspective on what love is, and it becomes false, or incomplete statement.

if we are beings who are perpetually in the act of becoming, which seems to be the case what with a fire burning now...lol...then one could miss the inference altogether that Love is Everything. what a tacky statement. I think I'm the one who said it! lol!

It's because love is my focus point of my mind. one time I had an affirmation. it said "I wish to see only love." then I fell asleep and dreamed. in the dream I heard a voice. It spoke as if it knew what it was talking about. It said "when you wish to see only love, you will see only god."

so then what is god? I wonder if he's in the dictionary? lol!!! oh oh there goes my bad sense of humor again. anyhoo, when the mind seeks to see and find something within it's experience which can anchor the heart and give meaning to our struggles here, the mind will follow the attention. pretty soon, love began popping up everywhere because I wished to see it.

then that brings up a whole new kettle of fish, about what exactly is "attention?"

it might be construed as being in a state of receptive expectation, yet without attachments to the outcome. because I always believed that it was true, in the bible, that whatever you ask for believing, you will receive. I used to call it faith, until someone said, we're not talking about faith anymore; gee whiz, alysia, what century did you come from?

love you guys, and I feel perfectly free to delare Im an emotional gal.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #40 - Jan 3rd, 2008 at 4:27pm

yes, I was off the beam Justin. R and I have resolved the misunderstanding basically when he told me he was not wishing to drive people away, I saw immediately, maybe it was spirit, that he spoke the truth.
so I had it wrong, and I thank you for recognizing I was off beam.

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #41 - Jan 3rd, 2008 at 7:25pm

Yes Albert, the relationship of the disk-members to their disk is a keypoint of this whole issue. It is a difficult step, at least for me, to get a first-hand impression of what the disk-perspective feels like. Sometimes I suspect I have tapped into it without realizing it while having the experience, and this could be because the "I" perspective was still there during it, and simply because I connect the I-perspective with my earthly person I become not aware that I'm already experiencing from a way greater "I" than just my projected little earthly "I".
  And when you tell about the two ways of understanding, the intellectual one and the certain one, the latter seems to indicate to me (as I'm a bit spoiled by western philosophy) the vanishing of the subject-object difference; when someone thinks that there are things around, this one can always doubt them, how far these things are distorted by the individual perception/beliefs, while when there are no "things around", but here, within me, where I am, than those doubts cannot arise.

Dave, you make me remember what I was always fascinated of, when I watched eastern martial arts movies or read Lao-Tse: This "let it happen" way; the less force, the more effect. The art then is to really LET it flow. From this perspective, the average person or the pupil is an energy-flow-hinderer, while the master is the energy-flow-allower. I really like the idea of letting unfold amazing powers while being relaxed.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

AhSoLaoTsuAhhOmmra
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Jan 4th, 2008 at 12:39am

Thanks for the update Alysia, its good to hear that things are worked out between you.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.