Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Death row and the afterlife. (Read 3046 times)
Nanner

Theres only AGAPE

Hamburg, Germany
Death row and the afterlife.
Dec 27th, 2007 at 11:04am

Just A Few Questions

Have you ever stopped to wonder about the life of a prisoner? A death row prisoner? Being confined 23 hours a day in a 6x9 cage. Think you can handle it? Can you begin to imagine the roller coaster ride of emotions and physical toil they must endure, knowing that they will one day be killed, euthanized like some animal; strapped to a gurney as lethal doses of poisons are injected to course through the i.v. placed in your veins, chasing out every flicker of hope and condemning a life that could have been... to walk through the valley of death? Can you accept something like that happening to a friend, a family member, a loved one? Them having to say goodbye, and then watching the tears that are shed for no longer being able to laugh, smile or talk to you? Could you deal with that?

I often wonder how to reach the persons on death row to help them raise the consciousness level regarding the topic afterlife. And often I ask myself would it make a difference int he whole?

Nanner

------------------------------
A letter written to a person on death row by the father of the man whom the
person on death row had killed:

You are probably surprised that I, of all people, am writing a letter to
you, but I ask you to read it in its entirety and consider its request
seriously. As the father of the man whom you took part in murdering, I have
something very important to say to you. I forgive you. With all my heart, I
forgive you. I realize it may be hard for you to believe, but I really do.
At your trial, when you confessed to your part in the events that cost my
son his life and asked for my forgiveness, I immediately granted you that
forgiving love from my heart.

I can only hope you believe me and will accept my forgiveness. But this is
not all I have to say to you. I want to make you an offer: I want you to
become my adopted child. You see, my son who died was my only child, and I
now want to share my life with you and leave my riches to you.

This may not make sense to you or anyone else, but I believe you are worth
the offer.

I have arranged matters so that if you will receive my offer of forgiveness,
not only will you be pardoned for your crime, but you also will be set free
from your imprisonment, and your sentence of death will be dismissed. At
that point, you will become my adopted child and heir to all my riches.

I realize this is a risky offer for me to make to you -- you might be
tempted to reject my offer completely -- but I make it to you without
reservation. Also, I realize it may seem foolish to make such an offer to
one who cost my son his life, but I have a great love and an unchangeable
forgiveness in my heart for you.

Finally, you may be concerned that once you accept my offer you may do
something to cause you to be denied your rights as an heir to my wealth.
Nothing could be further from the truth. If I can forgive you for your part
in my son's death, I can forgive you for anything. I know you never will be
perfect, but you do not have to be perfect to receive my offer.

Besides, I believe that once you have accepted my offer and begin to
experience the riches that will come to you from me, that your primary
(though not always) response will be gratitude and loyalty. Some would call
me foolish for my offer to you, but I wish for you to call me your father.

Love,
God

Author Unknown

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

Afterlife Knowledge Member

central california
Re: Death row and the afterlife.
Reply #1 - Dec 27th, 2007 at 4:10pm

Quite nice Nanner.

Our treatment of the morally handicapped is disgusting! Angry

Crime, in all cases not involving psychosis, is a treatable socially supported, hysterical neurosis. The ideal treatment is to break the string of negative associations, retrain, reinforce desired behavior, and put people back into the society in declining degrees of supervision, with sufficient confinement and guidance that they willnot again become a problem. This essentially means a combination of behavioral modification, very small group trteatment, and halfway house facilities.

Punishment simply doesn't work. If punishment worked, when you got a traffic ticket you'd stop speeding. But punishment tends to make us avoid the very last action before the punisher happened, which is gettin caught. So punishment makes people not want to get caught. As a result, traffic tickets and fine have led to a brisk byusiness in radar detectors, while people speed on as before.

Big prisons don't work. They create a micro society that has devient values and force newcomers into that mould. Very small groups, not more than 5 people, retain objectivity and are amenable to  behavioral change.  Then a combination of work furlough and graded release is about all it takes.

The reason that we still have crime is not that can't get rid of it. It's because we create it by targeting people who have habits different from us, and attempt to force our ways onto them, using the least effective and most noxious methods. Endless imprisonment, executions, and now we abandon habeas corpus and the Bill of Rights in favor of arbitrary imprisonment and torture. These are the reasons that caused the American Revolution in the first place.

Until our leaders can locate a competent Washington proctologist and retrieve their heads, we're likely stuck with this mess. However, just as God forgives, were we to forgive, and look for rehabilitation, we could eliminate almost all crime in a matter of ten or twenty years by treating it appropriately. There are still a few crazies out there, but most people in prison are there because nobody cared when they should have, and then  we gave up and decided that the prisoners were discards - which leaves them only antisocial choices, for which we blame them, and we make certain that they have nowhere to go when released.

Obviously one of my pet peeves!

dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

B-dawg

Missoula, Montana
Reply #2 - Dec 28th, 2007 at 5:22am

[quote author=Nanner link=1198767897/0#0 date=1198767897]Just A Few Questions

Have you ever stopped to wonder about the life of a prisoner? A death row prisoner? Being confined 23 hours a day in a 6x9 cage. Think you can handle it? Can you begin to imagine the roller coaster ride of emotions and physical toil they must endure, knowing that they will one day be killed, euthanized like some animal; strapped to a gurney as lethal doses of poisons are injected to course through the i.v. placed in your veins, chasing out every flicker of hope and condemning a life that could have been... to walk through the valley of death? Can you accept something like that happening to a friend, a family member, a loved one? Them having to say goodbye, and then watching the tears that are shed for no longer being able to laugh, smile or talk to you? Could you deal with that?

I often wonder how to reach the persons on death row to help them raise the consciousness level regarding the topic afterlife. And often I ask myself would it make a difference int he whole?

Nanner

------------------------------
A letter written to a person on death row by the father of the man whom the
person on death row had killed:

You are probably surprised that I, of all people, am writing a letter to
you, but I ask you to read it in its entirety and consider its request
seriously. As the father of the man whom you took part in murdering, I have
something very important to say to you. I forgive you. With all my heart, I
forgive you. I realize it may be hard for you to believe, but I really do.
At your trial, when you confessed to your part in the events that cost my
son his life and asked for my forgiveness, I immediately granted you that
forgiving love from my heart.

I can only hope you believe me and will accept my forgiveness. But this is
not all I have to say to you. I want to make you an offer: I want you to
become my adopted child. You see, my son who died was my only child, and I
now want to share my life with you and leave my riches to you.

This may not make sense to you or anyone else, but I believe you are worth
the offer.

I have arranged matters so that if you will receive my offer of forgiveness,
not only will you be pardoned for your crime, but you also will be set free
from your imprisonment, and your sentence of death will be dismissed. At
that point, you will become my adopted child and heir to all my riches.

I realize this is a risky offer for me to make to you -- you might be
tempted to reject my offer completely -- but I make it to you without
reservation. Also, I realize it may seem foolish to make such an offer to
one who cost my son his life, but I have a great love and an unchangeable
forgiveness in my heart for you.

Finally, you may be concerned that once you accept my offer you may do
something to cause you to be denied your rights as an heir to my wealth.
Nothing could be further from the truth. If I can forgive you for your part
in my son's death, I can forgive you for anything. I know you never will be
perfect, but you do not have to be perfect to receive my offer.

Besides, I believe that once you have accepted my offer and begin to
experience the riches that will come to you from me, that your primary
(though not always) response will be gratitude and loyalty. Some would call
me foolish for my offer to you, but I wish for you to call me your father.

Love,
God

Author Unknown

So I took part in murdering J.C., eh?
(Was it with the lead pipe? Or the candlestick maybe?
Conservatory or lounge..?)
Funny thing, didn't know I was around 2K years ago. I be
gettin' old, sure enough (but not THAT old.)
But it must be said, that the doctrine of "substitutionary
atonement" is one of the stupidest, most misbegotten
notions ever dreamed up by human churchmen. (It even
beats the one about Jesus being a cracker you can
eat. Is there no end to human idiocy?)

B-scholar

IP Logged

Starboom

Norway
Reply #3 - Dec 30th, 2007 at 7:06pm

dave, I'm actually pretty excited about your reply. Could you possibly go into more detail on the subject, for example do you have any concrete ideas regarding methods and solutions? I have for quite a few years been disgusted by the way the penal system works in many countries, but I've never really tried to adopt or create a philosophy to defend my stance. But yours resonate with me strongly.

One more season.

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

central california
Reply #4 - Dec 30th, 2007 at 7:58pm

Hi StJ-
I have a couple of articles in the Forensic Therapist around 2003 dealing with problems in training people to cope with the problems of the world. The penal system is one of the poorest options available. Currently Missouri is showing off their Juvenile Justice system, in which they are treating young offenders as people and obtaining excellent results.

I also did a field study which included penal applications of learning theory: Armentrout, D (1987). An Attributive Systems Model of the Generation of Knowledge. Ann Arbor: University Microfilms. The metric for quantification of the learning rate is a departure from the usual head count of recidivists, and considers their time in the program, the number of failures per unit time, and the rate at which they are overcoming prior failures. Initial work was done with a methadone treatment population, and extended to published data for criminal recidivists.

There must be somebody else working in this area. The NAFC (National Association of Forensic Counelors) is the organization the publishes the Forensic Therapist. They would be a good place to dig for more information.

dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #5 - Dec 30th, 2007 at 8:23pm

Nanner,

In the area I live, murders are frequent.  But the point is it's amazing to me how much has changed about such a traumatic act---many relatives and survivors are readily forgiving the murderer, candlelight vigils are held for victims and for the murderers (separately), and many human rights groups are actively working both against crime and to support victims and convicts.

These improvements are 'recent', not noticeable fifteen--twenty years ago.
No, it's not a perfect world, but one can choose from many options on how to deal with it.  Smiley

Love, Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #6 - Dec 31st, 2007 at 5:58am

Nanna,

Come to the crime capital of the world South Africa, we have less than a quarter of the USA population and almost double the murder rate. Some 30 to 40 thousands murders a year and note should be taken that America is considered by the world as a violent society.

There is no death penalty in South Africa and I agree murdering the murderer brings one down to their troubled level and solves nothing...

Forgiveness is the greatest human quality. The cause of this increasing worldwide phenomenon is the abandonment of moral absolutes that directed the lives of many of our forebears.

The solution lies somewhere deep within the human psyche

Love

Alan.

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Starboom

Norway
Reply #7 - Dec 31st, 2007 at 8:27am

Thanks for the answer, Dave, I will certainly check out NAFC.

One more season.

IP Logged

Nanner

Theres only AGAPE

Hamburg, Germany
Reply #8 - Jan 3rd, 2008 at 5:16am

I dont want to swap the subject but this ties into it somewhat. (Deathrow and Afterlife)  Recently I have looked at pictures in the net out of the years 1933 to 1949 and my heart cries. My heart cries because I have come to learn that the soul crosses over in consciousness also seeing, smelling, tasting, hearing, feeling and remembering and thus can create its own "hell". There were approx. 60 Million cross overs during that timeframe, 2 Million of which were jewish, the 58 million rest were germans, russians, englishman, polisch, american, frenchman etc.

The pictures of the war displayed on the net are most likely not all the pictures in exsistence but draw a big picture for me that taints my belief in mankind. I mean to me its extremely horrid.

So I asked Peter on www.jenseits-de.org the pertinant question and I wish Bruce would comment on this subject as well. I wasn`t happy with Peters answer, however I am inclined to stick with the conversation to get the root of it there as well.

The souls of current death row and those 60 million souls whom obviously lived their own certain death row during the dates of 1933-49 can be "earth bound". They could be living in their own hell still 70 earth years later!  Cry These souls need peace, sh*t we all need this strange thing called PEACE! To me having peace doesnt mean to turn my head and ignore, but it means to do something for that soul, so to do something for myself in the same instance.

During those days mentioned above "mankind" displayed the root of its evil by allowing it to even happen and some one out there please, please, please show me that mankind has learned from this experience, show me where we are doing things better now, tell me something which soothens my heart enough to where my faith in the love of mankind can be reconstituted.

Can anyone out there tell me that they really truely believe that people of today will get up and speak out in an angry voice if given the situation again to murder each other like that again? 

Undecided
Nanner

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.