Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Spiritual energy, pork, phones, etc (Read 8114 times)
Nanner

Theres only AGAPE

Hamburg, Germany
Re: Spiritual energy, pork, phones, etc
Reply #15 - Dec 28th, 2007 at 2:31pm

hawkeye wrote on Dec 28th, 2007 at 2:09pm:
A quick question to some of the vegetarians here. Why would some veg... buy food items such as "Veg burgers" that taste like beef or "hot dogs"? There is even turkey flavored stuff out there. What in the world is that all about? If you like meat, why not just eat meat? No disrespect to any of you. I also admire your ethics in regards to your beliefs. Joe

Joe - I am getting to be a vegetarian. And I believe in my case it has come to be because of this: I feel very "slugged out", "dim" and "weighted" when I eat meat. Especially pork (which we already know from prior thread remark) - I dont buy veg. Burgers or the such, I just eat alot of fruits and veggies. I eat lots of green veg. I am listening to my body and letting it decide, just going with the flow. My body doesnt react very well to meats, although I have to say pultary and fish doesnt effect my body like the red meats do. I have even noticed that I get quicker irritated when I eat a steak, or that after I eat turkey I get sleepy - doing the homework I found out that turkey meat produces more melatonin in the body. I guess I am leaning toward some Asian way of thinking, that will stop as soon as I`m served a monkey or a dog.  Undecided

Interesting enough there are meat eaters and plant eaters in the animal world as well.

Nanner

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #16 - Dec 28th, 2007 at 2:36pm

In general for easier digestion:
Eat fruit or fruit juice alone as a snack at least an hour before eating anything else.  In general starches and vegetables or grains and vegetables go well together. So do proteins and vegetables, but proteins and starches (meat and potatoes) are hard to digest.  Oil slows digestion.  Oil is ok with leafy greens, but oil with sweet fruits like bananas or dates do not digest well. Oil and starch and fruit and starch also do not digest well.

Whether or not eating meat effects ability to meditate/reach higher vibrations is probably belief more than anything. NDE research shows child experiencers want to eat meat after their episodes and adults often times don’t want to eat meat after their episodes. I thought that was interesting because both children and adults usually exhibit lots of spiritual awareness and ‘psychic’ after effects and eating meat doesn’t seem to affect these abilities one bit.

I’ve been a vegetarian for years for no other reason than I don’t like meat. I’ll take grains and veggies any day.

I’ve never had a ‘Big Mac’ attack.  Grin

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #17 - Dec 28th, 2007 at 3:38pm

Nanner, with you on the monkey, dog thing. Thanks but no thanks. Also with the eating towards the Asian style. More veg and with fish and fowl, less red meat is good. Living on the West Coast, and in a remote community, I tend to eat a fair amount of local fish.
Joe

IP Logged

Nanner

Theres only AGAPE

Hamburg, Germany
Reply #18 - Dec 29th, 2007 at 12:57am

No way, I really think if someone told me "Mam you just ate a dog or a monkey!" I`d just §§§!!$§§!.. Roll over and die. We must invite Linh to answer to that one, I wonder if she has eaten that before?

Fish is a good alternative for me, as I only live 30 min. from the ocean however I know people whom eat horse meat on a weekly basis. Do we have anyone here that eats horse meat? Does this effect any vibes, that you know of?

Nanner

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #19 - Dec 29th, 2007 at 11:41am

Hi Hawkeye,

That Lappe person  Smiley lived and wrote about a half century ago, before the different 'degrees' of vegetarianism went all the way to absolute. I'm back in that era myself, as I think taking out all animal products is too hard on our human physical and mental systems that have evolved with meat. We have responsibilities that other animals don't have--- like feeding and caring for animals--- and I cannot do that on a pure vegan diet.  Maybe in an ashram of serentiy one could.

I believe the lifeforms we use as food agreed to allow us that privilege in exchange for us feeding and sheltering them. Any cruelty imposed upon them is intolerable, and hubby and I 'support' PETA, Greenpeace and local animal rescue organizations.

'They say' that the best red meat (not counting red fish) for a person is lamb, probably because it hasn't lived long enough to store up the chemicals that older animals are fed. Greek recipes for lamb are delicious to me. Veal is the only meat I do not eat from guilt. We function well on meat (mostly chicken and fish) 3--4x a week.

Nanner, horsemeat is illegal for human consumption in the US, but due to the drought and lack of hay, many butchers are somehow getting horsemeat and selling it labelled as steak or whatever cut it resembles. The color is different than beef, similiar to buffalo. From my POV, horses are like dolphins, not even in consideration as food !

Dave and Alysia are surely right on when they say meat eaters consume some of the emotional and mental character of the animal. I watched a vivid case of it happen over 15 years to a child whose parents owned a contaniment hog farm.
God help us all.

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #20 - Dec 29th, 2007 at 2:14pm

Cool

HI,
I have never eaten pork and do not know what it tastes like. They say it cannot be distinguished from human flesh and the smell of pork chops cooking make me nauseous and sick. Pork is a big no no for the spiritual being. I my view anyway.

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.