Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Afterlife/ Prophecies (Read 4290 times)
Nanner

Theres only AGAPE

Hamburg, Germany
Afterlife/ Prophecies
Dec 20th, 2007 at 8:53am

Has anyone ever done a cross reference on how much information made by some prophecies in the past has really "taken place"..

I am reading a book on military survial technics etc. and theres some pretty hefty things in it regarding the future. Its showing a world map in it to, whereby it shows which citys and continants are going to be affected. For some reason this book is creepy to me right about now, because I was expecting to learn how to make a fire with sticks and a rock and am coming out of it with where to friggin move. Is our ignorant self so "glass clear" for some "see`ers" whom get their info from the afterlife, so to write these kind of books?

Can we take a moment to exchange info on this. I feel that Juditha knows alot about the New Testament Revelations and I am sure that there are a few out here that know much about Nostradamus, but theres Cayce etc too.

Nanner

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Re: Afterlife/ Prophecies
Reply #1 - Dec 20th, 2007 at 9:39am

Nanna,

I made up a long list of my own predictions some time ago and if forum members are interested i will post it in the relevant location in the forum later. "Predictions, not prophesies",

I have read through the whole bible and have a fairly detailed knowledge of prophesies in it including Daniel and Johns Revelations.

This is a huge subject and I think we should approach Bruce before delving into these deep and muddy waters.

Love

Alan Cool

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Nanner

Theres only AGAPE

Hamburg, Germany
Reply #2 - Dec 20th, 2007 at 10:04am

Yes I would be interested in reading it. If so please place it under "Earth changes 2012" in the Info Index which Bruce made available to us for the purpose of cross referencing. Thanks for your very valueable insight - Nanner

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 20th, 2007 at 12:54pm

Hi nanner This part of the revelation seems to make you think as the barcodes on all items that are sold all add up to 666 and those what are on identity cards also add up to 666,so it makes you wonder.

13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
13:12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by [the means of] those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number [is] Six hundred threescore [and] six.

But our love for God will help us to guard against the evil one Satan.

Love and God bless    love juditha

IP Logged

Nanner

Theres only AGAPE

Hamburg, Germany
Reply #4 - Dec 20th, 2007 at 4:55pm

Quote:
13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
13:12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by [the means of] those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number [is] Six hundred threescore [and] six.

Juditha - what is your interpretation of those verses. Explain them to me as if I were a child asking you what they mean in todays world. Hugs, Nanner

IP Logged

george stone

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #5 - Dec 21st, 2007 at 3:08pm

One morning some years ago,as in a havf asleep and awake state.I heard a very clear voice.the US and Canada will be destroyed,and only the outer most reaches of canadas north will be speared.George

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #6 - Dec 21st, 2007 at 3:48pm

Wow, this subject keeps coming up!

The attached article provides a very good argument that the book of revelations applied to the time period it was written, and the anti-christ/666, was none other than Nero Caesar. Don (Berserk) is a biblical scholar, and he pretty much agrees with the article I attached. The Christians that lived during the time period John (the author of revelations) lived, were going through a lot of difficulty. Therefore it makes sense that he would write a letter that was applicable to the time period. It also makes sense that he would write a "very" symbolic letter, so his enemies wouldn't be able to easily figure out what the letter is about.

Not to say that things aren't in store for the future, but I don't believe the book of revelations provides a guide. Look what has taken place because people believe the book of revelations applies to the future. Many people believe it is okay to demonize other people, because they are in cahoots with the Anti Christ. One of the reasons some people support George W. Bush's war in Iraq, is because they believe Iraq is Babylonia,  and they need to make certain that the head of the United Nations doesn't get control of Iraq, because he is believed to be the anti christ.  The Christians who believe in this way of thinking (mostly Evangelicals, but not all of them), look forward to the day when they are supposedly brought to heaven, while the rest of us are left behind to fight it out. In the end billions of God's children will end up in hell for all of eternity. What a ghastly and selfish thing to believe in. So much for love your neighbor as yourself.

Christians who believe in the rapture and a futuristic interpretation of the book of revelations don't tend to be concerned about the environment and energy crisis, because the need for such concerns will be negated when the rapture takes place in the near future. The same is true for the U.S. national budget. Is it just a coincidence that both Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush, both Evangelicals, aren't/weren't concerned about incurring huge budget deficits? How many needy causes will have to pay the price?

Does such a way of viewing things make sense? If not, one might consider the Kenneth Gentry article I've attached. He doesn't stand alone.

Another factor to consider is that the rapture viewpoint didn't come to be until about the 1830s.  Why did it take so long, if it's true?

http://www.iei.net/~doghouse/beast_id.htm
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2007 at 8:59pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

Nanner

Theres only AGAPE

Hamburg, Germany
Reply #7 - Dec 21st, 2007 at 5:35pm

Interesting George, I am reading abook about such right this day. It shows a map of the countries which are going to be effected and tells what type of catastrophy will take place in which country. However on one hand I have to say: that the term "distroyed" can mean several things in different realities. Would you not agree that for instance:

A husband or a wife says there life was distroyed, because of another person, that this version of distroyed, would not apply for someone standing outside of that relationship.

So maybe the word "distroyed" meant "a change of something within the USA and Canada", which to some may feel like their ideal of what appeared to them to be intact, perfect, wholesome was then "distroyed"?

Food for thought.
Lovem all!
Nanner

IP Logged

george stone

Reply #8 - Dec 21st, 2007 at 5:40pm

It seems that Jesus made a statment,when he said 2 people would in the work place.One would be taken and other left.2 people would be in the feild,one would be taken,and the other left.George

IP Logged

Nanner

Theres only AGAPE

Hamburg, Germany
Reply #9 - Dec 21st, 2007 at 6:08pm

George, can you do me a big favor and interpret that what you have written. What exactly does it mean to you when you read 1 will go, 1 will stay? Why will 1 go, 1 stay?
Nanner

IP Logged

Old Dood

Lansing
Reply #10 - Dec 21st, 2007 at 6:15pm

recoverer makes a good point if I am understanding it correctly.
Revelations doesn't HAVE to be the future of ANYthing.

If people get together and believe that then it will have a chance at happening.

The Future is not set in stone. We affect what the future will be right now...today...with our thoughts and actions.

I am also of the 'belief' that there is more then one 'Time Line' going on.
Meaning that we split the time line with our own experiments.
Hence the Philadelphia Experiment for example.  That did happen.
As well as The Montauk Project.

Link for the Philadelphia Experiment: http://www.crystalinks.com/phila.html

Link for The Montauk Project: http://www.crystalinks.com/montauk.html

There are many more bits of info on the internet as well.

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #11 - Dec 21st, 2007 at 6:18pm

Prophecy is a very complex subject that must take into account that the future is not fixed for a prophet.  From a biblical perspective, we can always avert disaster by divine providence and choose to create a better, more spiritual world.  Dire prophecies of a gloomy future, if genuine, are irrevocable only if we persistently refuse to make better choices!

Much has been made recently of the "end" of the Mayan calendar and the watershed date, December 21, 2012.  Let me share the prophecies that impress me much, much more.  In 1980, the Virgin Mary began appearing regularly to 6 different Croatian children in Medjugorje in Bosnia.  These apparitions were accompanied by spectacular signs and miracles, including audible voices issuing orders to skeptical Franciscan priests.  In 1982, I showed a documentary on these apparitions in a college religion class.  I expressed skepticiam on the grounds that major Marian apparitions typically transpire on the brink of war, in the midst of war or the threat of violent revolution.  I pointed out that Yugoslavia was at peace, and so, was an unlikely candidate for major Marian apparitions.  Within a year, revolution erupted that produced some of the most egregious atrocities of the 20th century, including genocide.  In fact, Mary was right on schedule playing her typical role in world history.  As her Magnificat makes clear (Luke 1:51-53 against its cultural background), the historical mother of Jesus was a young revolutionary fiercely devoted to overcoming the plight of poor and oppressed people.  Medjugorje is now without question the top hotspot for supernatural phenomena in the world.  Over the years, I have met many skeptics who went there on a pilgrimage and experienced life-changing miracles in the process.  

But Mary made 10 world-changing predictions to the visionary children.  Apparently a few of  these prophecies have now been suspended due to the evolution of Catholic spirituality in compliance with Mary's tough demands.  But 7 of these prophecies remain operant and will change the nature of human consciousness and the course of human history.  Here is the important point: The visionaries already know the crucial dates of prophetic fulfilment.  3 days prior to each momentous date, the visionaries will announce to a priest what is about to transpire and he will hold a news conference and announce the stunning prophecy to the world.  That way, the divine origin of the prophecy will be corroborated in advance.  I eagerly await the first prophecy.  I take them much more seriously than anything alleged for the "cult" of 2012, Nostradamus, Edgar Cayce, or channeled materials.

Don

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Dec 21st, 2007 at 7:00pm

Is there any sense about of what they might have to say, or of what direction Catholic spirituality was required to go Don?

I'd have to say that for me the tendency of those that buy into the rapture and so on to see themselves as an elite to be 'saved', and to pretty much be oriented towards forcing end of times realities into existence begs some very big questions of their state of spiritual development.

There must be a very real risk of somebody of that orientation ending up in a position of power where they can do some real harm...

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #13 - Dec 21st, 2007 at 7:18pm

I don't have the impression that the so-called "rapture of the church" has anything to do with these epic prophecies.  Generally, only fundamentalist Protestants are preoccupied with that doctrine.  From the vibes, I'd say that the prophecies have to do with global catastrophe (e.g. an asteroid strike, a nuclear attack) and a radical shift in human consciousness.

Don
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2007 at 8:38pm by Berserk2 »  

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #14 - Dec 21st, 2007 at 8:19pm

Don, Perhaps some enlightennment in regards to these 10 prophecies or at least the 7 left that may still happin. Is there a place to read them so there is the opportunity for us to know what this Mary you speak of said. 25 years is a long time for nothing to have happened.  (not counting the three that you mention that have been suspended) Perhaps there is still time to save our butts if we know how or what we must change. Does the movie tell you? You mention waiting for the first one...Who are the visionaries??

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.