Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I liked this, fine tune your buddism. (Read 1787 times)
buddha01

Afterlife Knowledge Member

I liked this, fine tune your buddism.
Dec 18th, 2007 at 6:55pm

Hello

This is my Xmas post for 2007; I have posted lightly in the past and only when I have something nice to say or at least something which has merit.

There is something very special in London (uk) which I have tried to document for internet viewers  Smiley

I very much think is it the most perfect thing I have ever seen above any beauty or worth more in its statement than any financial amount, it is timeless and the closest thing I have seen yet to symbolizing something which we all have inside us.

Its location in towards the end of a street which is a top fashion street, clothes which are priced out of the reach of most people and lots of window shopping, to be honest it is for rich people to shop.

So the rich people may start at the top end and walk down this road, the long road is called Bond Street, or new bond street, it then nicely bends round to the left

And you will take this way if you want to go to Savile road which is a Man's suit road, maybe the best in the world; this is the road James bond is reported to buy his clothing.
Notice the shop on the left corner is louie vuitton

I expect many people have taken this path, down the high fashion road then to the end and left, towards the handy cafe on the right and then...

What is this?

You feel funny when you look at it?

Why has the statute no hands and no arms?

Humbling.

I will let you just look at the picture for a few moments then come back.

When I first saw this it affected me quite strongly, it is important to grasp some concepts from this, from what the person or group who are responsible for showing this, these are my personal feelings I make no grantee on their correctness or that you should think or feel the same way but I took from this,.

Look how peaceful he looks.
Look at how honest the man is who the statue represents
One day I’m not going to have a head or hands and even this stone block of the most noble of person has began to fall apart, what chance have I.
He was a fit man of body, strong yet I can see he pursued inwards with I expect more vigor than any think done in physical terms.
I am seeing something which is like an echo from time past of the greatest master the world has seen, indeed wow what lesion is there to see here.

I have spent countless hours since I have seen this, resting this position, not in pursuit of enlightment but this concept that nor head or hands can distract from your real control of you, the honest pursuit of claim in your life and trying to find out who you are and trying to have joy, is it possible, look at this picture.

I have days where I have detracted from Buddhism, and then this statute is not so welcoming, it echoes in my mind the very seriousness of life, This man lived and still has a wise presence the price of failure is not warm and fuzzy, there is responceablity to take and if you don’t take it then the flesh is weak and there is infinity to contend with.

All religions basically deal with death, which is fine as long as you are 19 years old and fresh of features but when it draws near and the mind and your good intention is all you bring to book, and then it becomes the most serious issue of your life.

There are no shortcuts to enlightment, you can’t be a generally nice person and coast your way into it, there are issues to deal with, maturity, visions, inner considerations, acceptance, and a true expression that all people have yearned for since man walked on the earth.

I will be honest and say it took all of my courage to take these pictures and I attempted to verify with internal reflection and sense if it was ok, there is a message in the statute which I feel maybe not captured which cannot be done of the lord Buddha, but if you have gained anything by viewing this thread and it assists you in your life studies then maybe this was a good action and it will be seen as good intention and good merit for all.

Bye
Bud

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Re: I liked this, fine tune your buddism.
Reply #1 - Dec 18th, 2007 at 7:22pm

Hi Budd. Nice post. Incredible how profound the messages around us can be. It almost hurts when insight hits that hard...

IP Logged

Nanner

Theres only AGAPE

Hamburg, Germany
Reply #2 - Dec 18th, 2007 at 7:28pm

Bud - yes it made a difference. Thank you for it. Its the essence. ~Nanner~

IP Logged

buddha01

Reply #3 - Dec 18th, 2007 at 7:47pm

The fact the statute is broken adds to the hidden deeper meaning of it. I have seen a lot of honest faces who sit down at the oppoiste food road side shop tables.

If you saw the statute in person it would affect you strongly.

I am impressed with who ever is behind this display.

I like the fact that it remains perfect whilst you are imperfect and it sits there to remind you.

Every one knows its there but no body seems to look at it.

What buddha did was real and it is impressive, he faced life head on and gave as much as he gained.

I dont want to say any thing more encase I say some thing stupid so please enjoy and have a great week.

I really hope that this statute assists with peoples meditations, for me it gave me a new perspective and focus of peace.

bud

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #4 - Dec 18th, 2007 at 11:20pm

Thank you Bud.

You have added much with this series to my holiday thoughts.

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 19th, 2007 at 9:29am

Thank you, buddha! I have been thinking that the holidays are a wonderful time to reflect, to draw inward a little. If not, they should be?

That's why I have chosen a simple holiday, the simplest of all holidays. My tree is a Charlie Brown christmas tree, but perfect in front of the window. Gifts arrive daily. Love is in the air, no matter where we go....but how rare those quiet times can be, and special.

And sweet to see buddha elevated in such a way, as if he is suspended in silence above the busy, colorful street.

love, blink Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.