Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
It's All Too Beautiful (Read 5293 times)
blink
Ex Member

It's All Too Beautiful
Dec 17th, 2007 at 11:04am

Itchycoo Park    (lyrics by Small Faces)

Over bridge of sighs
To rest my eyes in shades of green
Under dreamin' spires
To Itchycoo Park, that's where I've been

What did you do there?
I got high
What did you feel there?
Well I cried
But why the tears there?
I'll tell you why

It's all too beautiful
It's all too beautiful
It's all too beautiful
It's all too beautiful

I feel inclined to blow my mind
Get hung up feed the ducks with a bun
They all come out to groove about
Be nice and have fun in the sun

Tell you what I'll do (what will you do?)
I'd like to go there now with you
You can miss out school (won't that be cool)
Why go to learn the words of fools?
What will we do there?
We'll get high
What will we touch there?
We'll touch the sky
But why the tears then?
I'll tell you why

It's all too beautiful
It's all too beautiful
It's all too beautiful
It's all too beautiful

I feel inclined to blow my mind
Get hung up feed the ducks with a bun
They all come out to groove about
Be nice and have fun in the sun

It's all too beautiful
It's all too beautiful
It's all too beautiful
Ha! It's all too beautiful

---------

love, blink Smiley

« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2007 at 1:01pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Re: It's All Too Beautiful
Reply #1 - Dec 17th, 2007 at 12:31pm

deleted

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 17th, 2007 at 12:59pm

Smiley Nice one Blink. That nicely captures the mixed sadness and joy of some sorts of experience, doesn't it????

It gets tough at times to live in this world as a softie. Caught between softness and harshness. Between love and lack......

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #3 - Dec 17th, 2007 at 1:02pm

I can relate Blink..ducks are actually such beautiful creatures. I know because one time I hatched one and I used to let him help me get exercise by chasing me out of his yard, which was actually my yard, but he claimed his own turf, so he won!

his beak was hardly dangerous, but he thought it was a great weapon.

they are beautiful, if you've never seen a male duck and a female duck spooning, you have not really seen love.

love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 17th, 2007 at 1:12pm

Soul Love  (song sung by David Bowie, early 70's)

=====

Stone love - she kneels before the grave
A brave son - who gave his life to see the slogan
That hovers between the headstone and her eyes
For they penetrate her grieving

New love - a boy and girl are talking
New words - that only they can share in
New words - a love so strong it tears their hearts
To sleep - through the fleeting hours of morning

Love is careless in its choosing - sweeping over across a baby
Love descends on those defenseless
Idiot love will spark the fusion
Inspirations have I none - just to touch the flaming dove
All I have is my love of love - and love is not loving

Soul love - the priest that tastes the word and
Told of love - and how my God on high is
All love - though reaching up my loneliness evolves
By the blindness that surrounds him

Love is careless in its choosing - sweeping over across a baby
Love descends on those defenseless
Idiot love will spark the fusion
Inspirations have I none - just to touch the flaming dove
All I have is my love of love - and love is not loving

----------------

(Alysia, perhaps I will add a verse to the above song which is now going through my head, thank you very much -  it will be about "spoon love".... as in your ducks....did the dish run away with the spoon....or was it that cow, no insult intended, the one that jumped over the moon?)

love, blink Smiley
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2007 at 2:18pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 17th, 2007 at 2:42pm

What does this mean, "all I have is my love of love - and love is not loving"

It could mean many things.

It could mean that when we believe we are doing something out of love, perhaps we are really not. But we believe that we are. We become caught up in the "emotion" of love. It can take us into many unexpected places, no matter how fine, at the beginning, our intentions.

It could mean that "God" is beyond love, as we understand love.

It could mean that love itself can seem to be its own opposite, at times, because we see it from our own individual point of view.

It could mean that to be loving in a godlike way is to be unattached to any particular belief system.

It could mean that, as an observer, to love is to watch, to love is to see, to love is to experience from more than one point of view.

It could mean that the "overflowing" feeling of love remains, somehow, a desiring, a wanting....in ourselves. Perhaps it is an aspect of our own loneliness as human beings.

We know we are not complete without each other, and when we are truly complete, we are at peace.

Perhaps "God" is always at peace, having never lost anything.

Or perhaps "God" is never at peace, and is always losing everything. Who can say?

love, blink Smiley

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #6 - Dec 17th, 2007 at 3:11pm

hmm. love of love is all I have.

sounds like someone just got out of a bad relationship Blink, referring to the song writer.

then they say love is not loving.

sounds like my last relationship.  Smiley man and woman relationships are like opposites, we so often have expectations on such a relationship, or we put conditions on it, that it should be this or that, that one should feel fulfilled in that relationship.

but putting conditions on it, means it is not unconditional love.

love of love means to possess idealisms or illusions. something not real, but what we hope will become real. we are all the time thinking the other will make us happy and feel loved and safe with them.
however, sooner or later we come to see we must first love ourselves and be happy with ourselves first, then the other is not forced to somehow make you happy to fullfill your expectations of love. that would be like a job, and unconditional love requires nothing of the other person but to be in the same space with them and that they can be themselves 100% all the time without the other persons expectations to be met.

very few couples actually do this.
now you have me thinking of nursery rhymes Blink. I'm amazed I can still remember that
one "hey diddle diddle, the cat and the fiddle, the cow jumped over the moon and the dish ran away with the spoon.
there was another line, can u remember? something laffed so hard...was it the cow that laffed so hard, or was it the flying pig? maybe it was me! haha!
love, alysia

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 17th, 2007 at 3:43pm

Hey, diddle, diddle, the cat and the fiddle
The cow jumped over the moon
The little dog laughed to see such sport
And the dish ran away with the spoon.....

Those Mother Goose stories were very clever, and I certainly didn't know that ducks spooned like people do....maybe geese do a little spooning once in a while, too.

Then again, some of us can play out a rhythmic beat with just two spoons alone....with those and a fiddle we could go far!

"I say, follow that there cow, Ethel! Past that there moon, and over yonder on the left...."

Smiley blink

IP Logged

AhSoLaoTsuAhhOmmra
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Dec 18th, 2007 at 4:26am

Soul is beautiful, but Soul without Spirit is incomplete and drifts to and fro, never knowing what direction to take or whither to go. 

It gets lost in mazes of circles, in projections of self, thinking the journey and side trips are more important than the start, which always contains the end.

It then begins to place those side trips upon a pedestal, a pedestal of sadness and suffering mixed with laughter and joy.  Bittersweet becomes her call, and she sirenly sings it to her other lost selves in her deep unassuaged loneliness for her true home.

Soul is Water personified, and a necessary stage, but yet it must become the Alpha and Omega Fire before it knows the true way.  She sees Fire not as the true path, because she remembers her untrue beginnings in the lower Fires, and fears the lower Fires torments.  The red baleful eyes which glare with anger, avarice and aggressive self interest.

Soul is passive and Yin, and places Water above Fire, believing Fire can scorch and hurt her gentle, yielding nature.    Fire would cleanse her, burn out the dross, and remold her to her true form if she would but let it merge with her Watery substance.

Water must become Water true, before it becomes the Fire Water merging into White Gold, for Water surrenders and she must surrender completely her Total self, to the White Hot flames.

The Moon only ever reflects Light, does not generate it, and so she looks always for the outer Suns in her life, but these never completely fulfill her because its still just reflecting and passive yearning, she must become the generator of the Light within, she must become the Sun, she must stop reflecting and yearning for other's light.  But the hunger and refractions are deep.

When she loses self in service, then...then does she gain her real self, and only then.   Till that balance of awareness and doingness shines forth from within, she drifts to and fro never knowing what direction, or whither to go.

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Dec 18th, 2007 at 5:18am

"Satellite of love....that's what you are....."

(title and phrase from a Lou Reed song, to be sung to the tune of the Nat King Cole song, "Unforgettable")

Smiley blink

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #10 - Dec 19th, 2007 at 10:01am

Justin quote:    When she loses self in service, then...then does she gain her real self, and only then.
______

when she finds herself/himself/itself in others this unit gains the real self because we are one. but only a short time are these precious hours of life before the  3 lifetimes before the 3 deaths which lead to life everlasting and so there is no death save the illusions which embrace self image and then we know why he sees the sparrow fall and then we know the perfect love by looking at the path he made. He rules.
____

Hey Blink, if I could paint a picture of this duck love, I surely would! It's one of those places in time, on a farm, that you can't get out of your head, nor would u want to..
briefly, Mr.Blue was his name. he was blue gray, she was all white color. he would snuggle up to her and put his beak under her wing, all the while making cooing noises, she would nap while he cooed. every once in awhile she'd make a sound like she was putting up with his silliness. u had to be there! it just reminded me of people.
have good holidays, everyone!
love, alysia

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Dec 19th, 2007 at 1:27pm

Now I see it, Alysia! Beautiful!

This picture you paint reminds me of my three finches at home. Two larger, more dramatic-looking finches are a pair, and one finch is a different kind. The pair snuggle and preen each other. The little one makes do. The three of them sleep in their suspended "snuggly" bed together, all in a pile. If they are not sleeping, they are busy.

It is great to watch them. And, occasionally the softest, sweetest sounds will come from one or another. Actually, the smallest one, the odd one out, has the prettiest voice.

And it's funny, for such very very small birds, the loud territorial squawks that occasionally sound out are amusingly authoritative. Smiley

love, blink Smiley

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #12 - Dec 19th, 2007 at 1:34pm

I knew you could relate Blink but I didn't know you had birds. funny how the bird and animal kingdoms teach us about love and human nature.  Smiley

IP Logged

AhSoLaoTsuAhhOmmra
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Dec 19th, 2007 at 11:50pm

LaffingRain wrote on Dec 19th, 2007 at 10:01am:
Justin quote:    When she loses self in service, then...then does she gain her real self, and only then.
______

when she finds herself/himself/itself in others this unit gains the real self because we are one. but only a short time are these precious hours of life before the  3 lifetimes before the 3 deaths which lead to life everlasting and so there is no death save the illusions which embrace self image and then we know why he sees the sparrow fall and then we know the perfect love by looking at the path he made. He rules.
____

Yes, and in that realization does one deeply desire to uplift the other aspects of self, and hence the individual loses self in service to the Whole...in doing so, does the individual become One again with the Whole, and yet still a unique individual.   

One can passively believe and think all day, "there are no others, i am one with all, with Source, etc." and never really truly or fully know that consciousness.   In actively applying that awareness and knowledge to the betterment of one's other selves, does that consciousness truly grow.   

This, this was the whole point behind Yeshuas life and example.    Since i know you already respect and deeply love him, i would say, look to him and his life for it is the guiding light.   Practice what he practiced and you shall set yourself free, just as he set himself free.    This requires constant activity for and with others in a holistic sense, the less "free time" one has to self, the better, resting only when one really needs rest for even he rested when he needed to.  But he didn't rest for the sake of resting, he rested so that he could go out and be of better service to others.    "Others Father, always others.  Your will, not mine, be done."

Could we even begin to contemplate such a life, such a way of living?    Some have, like that older lady whose aura was seen by my friend.   Her aura was almost pure White Light and very radiant.   Why?   Because she lived life almost purely, very little thought and focus was given to the seemingly separated self.   After some 60 years of constant holistic service to others, even in dangerous conditions, then did she begin to find her real self, just as Yeshua promised to those who would follow his example.

She didn't just sit around most of the day in her house, and think to herself, "we're all one, i'm you, you're me, etc."   She did something about it, and was active in applying that basic core truth which is not much focussed on in the Earth.   And while we are One and connected, we're still individuals, and as individuals so many of our other selves suffer on so many levels. 

One of my issues with many Eastern belief systems that i've looked at, is that after years of deep interest in same, i realized that most of the ones i looked at, were too imbalanced to the passive/Yin polarity of consciousness.   They seemed more interested in perception and awareness for the sake of perception and awareness.   Not enough active doingness for the most part.

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Dec 20th, 2007 at 8:30am

How times have changed....how's this for an abrupt transition, Alysia? I now remember where the word "Ethel" came from, just popped in my head when I was thinking about that nursery rhyme.

Ha! Ha!

And, Justin, recently you have been waxing poetic about how much you love being "nekked" and well as how much you are enjoying your new "skate" sneakers, with which you were recently sited spinning around the mall.

So, here you have it, a song which we just wouldn't allow in today's popular culture in America today, but it's still funny. It was pure silliness and sung kind of "country" style - the main is character a "hick" with a drawling voice, and the voices overlap in the background. I remember hearing this song on my cellphone-sized tiny red radio in bed when I was a teenager in the 70's.

Back then this was a fad that temporarily caught on in the U.S., but I suppose people have been "mooning" each other since the 50's, at least. The older gentleman in the song refers to "mooning," and I am sure it's because lots of young people think it's fun in a vulgar way to "moon" people. "Streaking" took it to a whole different level...  

Come to think of it, wasn't there a story about a priest who was recently arrested for "streaking" around a running track somewhere before dawn?  He said it's more "comfortable" if I remember correctly!    Smiley

The Streak
by Ray Stevens

album: Twenty Comedy Hits Special Col (1995),
 Collection (1993)

(Reporter):
Hello, everyone, this is your action news reporter with all the news
that is news across the nation, on the scene at the supermarket.  There
seems to have been some disturbance here.  Pardon me, sir, did you see
what happened?

(Witness):
Yeah, I did.  I's standin' overe there by the tomaters, and here he
come, running through the pole beans, through the fruits and vegetables,
nekkid as a jay bird.  And I hollered over t' Ethel, I said, "Don't
look, Ethel!"  But it's too late, she'd already been incensed.

(Chorus)
Here he comes, look at that, look at that
There he goes, look at that, look at that
And he ain't wearin' no clothes

Oh, yes, they call him the Streak
Look at that, look at that
Fastest thing on two feet
He's just as proud as he can be
Of his anatomy
He goin' give us a peek

He likes to show off his physique
If there's an audience to be found
He'll be streakin' around
Invitin' public critique

(Reporter):
This is your action news reporter once again, and we're here at the gas
station.  Pardon me, sir, did you see what happened?

(Witness):
Yeah, I did.  I's just in here gettin my car checked, he just appeared
out of the traffic.  Come streakin' around the grease rack there, didn't
have nothin' on but a smile.  I looked in there, and Ethel was gettin'
her a cold drink.  I hollered, "Don't look, Ethel!"  But it was too
late.  She'd already been mooned.  Flashed her right there in front of
the shock absorbers.

(Chorus)
He ain't crude, look at that, look at that
He ain't lewd, look at that, look at that
He's just in the mood to run in the nude

He likes to turn the other cheek
He's always makin' the news
Wearin' just his tennis shoes
Guess you could call him unique

(Reporter):
Once again, your action news reporter in the booth at the gym, covering
the disturbance at the basketball playoff.  Pardon me, sir, did you see
what happened?

(Witness):
Yeah, I did.  Half time, I's just goin' down thar to get Ethel a snow
cone.  And here he come, right out of the cheap seats, dribbling, right
down the middle of the court.  Didn't have on nothing but his PF's.
Made a hook shot and got out through the concessions stand.  I hollered up
at Ethel, I said, "Don't look, Ethel!"  But it was too late.  She'd
already got a free shot.  Grandstandin', right there in front of the
home team.

(Chorus)                                         (Witness):
Oh, yes, they call him the Streak      Here he comes again.
Look at that, look at that                  Who's that with him?
The fastest thing on two feet            Ethel?  Is that you, Ethel?
Look at that, look at that                 What do you think you're
He's just as proud as he can be        doin'?  You git your
Of his anatomy                               clothes on!
He's gonna give us a peek

Oh, yes, they call him the Streak      Ethel!  Where you goin'?
Look at that, look at that                  Ethel, you shameless
He likes to show off his physique       hussy!  Say it isn't so,
Look at that, look at that                  Ethel!  Ethelllllll!!!
If there's an audience to be found
He'll be streakin' around
Invitin' public critique

-------------------------

love, blink Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.