Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
THE PLANES AND REALMS OF REALITY (PROGRESSIONS) (Read 7416 times)
Alan McDougall

South Africa
THE PLANES AND REALMS OF REALITY (PROGRESSIONS)
Dec 14th, 2007 at 10:12am

PLANES OF PROGRESSION

People speak of a 'fourth dimension', but there is no fourth dimension, for if you could lift yourself into it you would find your self in another set of three dimensions just as real as the three you have left behind you, while the three dimensional world you have just vacated would have vanished, so it is with the Etheric World. It is a very real place functioning on a faster vibrational speed than this world, and is placed in succession with the lowest plane nearest the earth in vibration. There is no actual border line between them, yet the borders are clearly marked because of the types of souls dwelling there. It is important to bear in mind that the Earth is not the only real and physical place in creation. All the planes of the spirit world including Heaven are not imaginary places, they are as real to the people living there as what the Earth is to us. In the spirit world if you touch the grass, you feel the texture of the blades as you would here. If you smell the air, you will experience the different aromas - as you do here, you will hear - as you do here, all of the senses are still intact and experience the environment as a real place. The only difference being in the intensity of the senses. In the spirit world you will hear more clearly, see brighter, be more sensitive to taste, touch and smell.

Description of the Planes
The Earth Plane
Not actually considered one of the Astrals, this is the plane of God's school. It is to this plane we reincarnate in order to learn lessons - the basic lessons required for further development after we leave it for the last time.

The Pit
This is an actual place that lies lower than the first plane and is darker and more loathesome than the lowest of the astrals. This is the place we on earth call 'Hell', although it bears no resemblance to the hell depicted in the Bible and taught to us by church leaders and parents. Only very great evil can find itself there, evil that has practically lost its semblance to humanity, for the mind makes the form we inhabit in the Etheric World. A bright mind makes a bright form, an ugly dark mind will produce an ugly dark form. It depends upon a souls own development, as no soul group can return to God so long as a single member of it is missing. The door of improvement and salvation is never closed to any human soul, for the core of a soul is a drop of the God-power; eternal, beautiful and something that must, sooner or later, make itself felt, even by the most insensitive owner. So one day, even the Pit must empty and all soul matter return to God.

First Astral Plane
This is the lowest plane, the 'Plane of Outer Darkness', and is a plane of loneliness and darkness where distinctly 'bad' types have made a place for themselves. The inhabitants of this plane make their own conditions. They are the cruel, the selfish and the unloving and by their own thoughts and actions have shut themselves off from others.
Many of the Romans of Caesar's time are still to be found there. The Romans were great athletes, great thinkers and eventually conquered the world as they knew it then. This caused them much selfishness and foolish pride which they to this day have not been able to shake off.

Second Astral Plane
Less dark and lonely than the First Plane but there is still gloom and bareness in it. Though where there was nothing but rocks in the First Astral Plane here sparce grass and stunted trees now begin to appear, and even houses, though small and hovel-like in appearance. These are the places souls have fitted themselves for, the places they have prepared for themselves. As the planes ascend, the grass becomes greener and the trees straighter, flowers begin to appear and dwellings improve. On the Earth Plane, the cruel and selfish prey on the meek, but in the lower astrals they are placed only among others of similar tendencies, removing this ability.

Third Astral or First Etheric Plane
This plane is also known as the 'Summerland' and from it come the guides who endeavour to serve their fellow man in earth life. The Summerland is a place of great beauty where most souls go when they 'die'. There is no night or winter or harmful elements. All God has given the earth is granted to the Summerland, but in perfection not known to the Earth World. There soul mates meet and work and live together. Persons gravitate to their own kind, just as they do in all parts of the Etheric World. Souls remain here until all the Earth desires and passions are no longer felt.

Fourth Astral or Second Etheric Plane
Also known as the 'Plane of the Changed Form', and from there, there is no possibility of return to this Earth. Teachers and helpers from this Fourth Plane go to the Third Plane in order to transmit their knowledge. This is the plane of intellectual realisation.

Fifth and Sixth Astral Planes
These planes are so pure and so refined that there is little contact between them and even the Third Plane. On these planes the mind is purged of any 'self'. Before a soul can continue it must accept and appreciate that it no longer will be an individual and must cease to 'see' itself as one. All vanity, self wants and needs and aspirations must be discarded. These are the waiting halls of meditation.

Seventh Astral Plane
This plane is also known as the 'Heaven Plane'. Ever heard the saying 'seventh heaven'? It is true - heaven lies on the Seventh Astral Plane. By the time a soul arrives there, it has rejoined it's soul group and becomes ready to return to God. No soul group can continue until it is complete and before every last member of it has risen from the Pit and rejoined it. It is on this plane that the Christ Spirit resides and from here that it returns to the Earth Plane.

Eighth Astral Plane
It is on this plane that the soul groups discard the group identity. The groups here prepare for the rejoining with the other spirit groups.

Ninth Astral Plane
Also known as 'Nirvana' or nothingness where the soul is purged of everything ready for the return to God.

Communication between Planes
Just as we on the Earth Plane can, with much practice and some initial difficulty make contact with those in the Spirit World, so too can those on the Third Plane communicate with those on the Fourth Plane, but not with souls on higher planes. Those on the Fourth Plane can communicate with those on the Fifth Plane but no higher and can transmit their knowledge to those on the Third Plane, but no lower. It is because of this filtering of information that our knowledge of the higher planes is so limited.

Regards

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Nanner

Theres only AGAPE

Hamburg, Germany
Re: THE PLANES AND REALMS OF REALITY (PROGRESSIONS
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2007 at 10:23am

Nice topic Alan, thanks.

Sometimes I feel like my brain is literally going to "burst". I cross reference you see and that which you are writing here is coherent with the resources on Bruce`s Organized Internet Information Links Index, section Life after death / Jenseits-de link. They just use different "wording" because they`ve adapted the phrases used by Guides to whom they have had vivid contact with for some odd number of years. These Guides also speak about different "realms or planes of spirit exsistence", even discribing intention thereof. ... I am floored really. Maybe its just because I see the same information in different verbal attempts of explanations. Thats so cool!

Thank you so much,
Nanner

IP Logged

Old Dood

Lansing
Reply #2 - Dec 14th, 2007 at 10:29am

Nanner?
What are you DOING?

You are suppose to be watching those videos and learning.

I expect a full report on my desk by 5pm EST. hehe!

Better yet, make sure you lock it in the VAULT and give me the combination...

(You know what I like about you? You have an excellent sense of humor.  It is a must when trying to study and learn this stuff...Cheesy)

Oh..and Alan this is a good thread...thanks.

IP Logged

Nanner

Theres only AGAPE

Hamburg, Germany
Reply #3 - Dec 14th, 2007 at 10:36am

Ooops I`ve been identified!  Roll Eyes

I have to explain dear. I have two monitors - pcs sitting on my desk, I am writing, reading, watching the video and eating lunch, drinking coffee and scratching my butt every once in a while, all at the same time. It might be because I am female, is why I can do more than one thing at a time.  Wink (Oh that was such a cheap shot at all the fella`s)

All in humor my dearest friends, all in humor!

Love all of you dearly,
Nanner

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 14th, 2007 at 10:40am

Interesting descriptions, it'd be nice to know the source of it.

What tends to be encouraging about this sort of stuff is that if we can avoid getting hung up on fine detail and terminology it broadly paints the same picture as many other traditions and teachers.

Looking at this description you can see again for example the progressive merging towards God/unity and progressive loss of self that arises with progress through the planes, or presumably with states of consciousness which allow us to visit them...

IP Logged

pratekya

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #5 - Dec 14th, 2007 at 12:02pm

I get the feeling that Alan does a lot of copying, pasting, and signing his name at the bottom of things.

IP Logged

Nanner

Theres only AGAPE

Hamburg, Germany
Reply #6 - Dec 14th, 2007 at 12:58pm

Regardless - nice is the fact that it has been "shared", for many to see, so to be able to develope a higher sense of consciousness for those reading it. (Even be it, oneself) Is that not an extention of love -ergo "sharing". I do not believe that the intent had been to "steal" anothers words to reap a Halo inorder to use it as a Hula-Hoop.

Sending good energy,
Anja

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

central california
Reply #7 - Dec 14th, 2007 at 3:10pm

HI Alan-
I'd appreciate clarification of a couple of points here ...

(1)   Please, where'd you get that information dealing with astral structure etc?

Most descriptions of the spirit world use a seven step model, and the approach of Surat Shabd yoga, that comes out of Sufism, uses one that has umpteen steps, I haven't quite mastered all their defnitions yet. Some of the steps seems to be operational levels in meditation, since things start at the anahata chakra. My own usage is ad hoc, since I can't find distinctions except at decision points by which the perrsonal world extends itself.

Ther only people that I knew who were aware of a "Pit" or anything of the sort, were deeply into black magic and negative things. For them, the negative observations were an extension of what they were doing. I didn't get the impression that you were into the black arts.

(2)   You mention a "group", and that none of the members can return to God if anyone is missing. By this, do you refer to the entire Creation of all sentient beings throughout the entire Cosmos, that none are to be saved until the very last idiot finds his way home?

Where did the idea of a "group" come from anyhow? I'm interested in your sources on this.

dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Dec 14th, 2007 at 10:34pm

Quote: "By this, do you refer to the entire Creation of all sentient beings throughout the entire Cosmos, that none are to be saved until the very last idiot finds his way home? "

Now, now, Dave, that's just a blink of an eye in "God's" time....nothing to fret about. We'll be there before you know it.... Smiley

love, blink Smiley

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

central california
Reply #9 - Dec 15th, 2007 at 8:22pm

OK, Blink - The whole blinking eternity? I'd like to eye that before I aye it.

Actually, I'm far more interested in where he got that idea, since it has logical implications. I'm inclined to disagree, but firsat I'm interested inw here it came from.

dave

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #10 - Dec 15th, 2007 at 9:11pm

Greetings,

We've got teachers here who use a variety of means to get thinking started--rhetorical questions, outrage, humor, etc. Dave, even I have tried playing dumber than I am just to get some explanations going!! Grin Grin
It's very exciting to see different methods of discussion and different spiritual backgrounds come together here.
So if someone says a group has to be complete before its members can all levitate into higher realms, and that fits into what concepts our host has offerred (the Disc, Disc family, Higher Disc Self), then isn't there room for that way of describing it? As the chihuahua says, Aye Yi!  Cheesy
(I've missed talking with you, Dave, but you've been into the heavy stuff for so long that I got left out.)

Love, Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #11 - Dec 15th, 2007 at 10:17pm

oy..Allan this is old esoterics where I come from. Currently I'm going through some material by Leadbeater, its called Inner Life, published in the 70's. it supports what is here. Leadbeater (what a name, beats lead) he describes layered heavens in terms of the 3's that is described above post, which reminds me the nature of the holographic universe.

Also other material I've read that supports this description of numbered levels (we have to use numbers because of Earth system measures things for language purposes) the other material that aligns well with Allan's reference is The Path, by Cozollini, who is given me some ideas about the holographic nature of thought, and the holographic nature succeeding from that of the entire universe. Also Cozzollini offers us 7 planes instead of nine, however, I don't have a problem with number discrepancies, unless I'm looking at my checkbook.

The Path describes the above 3rd layer of astral to be a summerland, where many attend school and is a congenial place, all are a bit like college kids, with a sort of open minded innocent childlike approach to life, and wouldn't this be true, if there were no raping and pillaging going on there, then we would also be enjoying a summerland here. I view the Summerland as relative to a focus 27 environment.

Cozzolini also likens the 7th heaven as a culmination of high place where nirvana is abided in. I see in my minds eye, this just an image though, a bunch of blokes floating in bliss, either that or they are so worn out they need some refreshment. don't take me seriously folks  Smiley heres the catch 22 about the 7th.  if you ever make it there, send word home  Smiley the catch 22 is..you can remain in the 7th as an individual, as long as you want, but the minute you have a desire for something "different" or you get tired of being so blissed out, you would be thrust into your disc for to plan another journey into either Earth or another planet of different system. it appears that thought and desire itself has a gravitational pull in orderly fashion, when one entertains thought and desire, or even, my favorite, curiosity which can be like a desire.

I often feel like a hologram of my higher self. I used to complain to her, no fair!

thanks Allan, I like stuff like this when I get a chance to read.

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

central california
Reply #12 - Dec 16th, 2007 at 5:15pm

Yeah Bets - heavy stuff, especially for the holidaze - lots of whipped cream, rich food. Boy! I'm sure glad that they cooked out all the calories. Wink

Alysia, this is kinda what I had been asking abourt. The numbers, 1, 2, 3, 7, are considered to be "mystical" numbers because they happen to be part of a natural sequence that dates back to Egypt. Since then, people have added some other combinations.  5 and  10 because of our fingers, plus various permutations of the Platonic musical group (1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 12) which have their own special relationships, and the discovery that 1/22 semitones is the smallest fraction of a scale people can recognize as having musical integrity is even more recent, and reflected in sitar and veena fretting in the Hindu music scale.

All of these have specific logical implications, as will their successors. The most ancient group is (1), 2, 3, 7 which is the sequence of evolved ideas (or whatever) that can be produced from a single beginner (1) in hyperspace, by means of twisting emptiness into knots around itself. In particular, it gives the generations of fundamental and independent structures from which all succeeding constructs can be produced through vector multiplication (intrinsic eigenstates). This is a well researched series that is physically compatible, and quite accurately describes the evolution of ideas, which means that it describes the intangible parts of potential awareness. Because of the way that the math works, any other universal model will either contain this sequence explicitly, or it can be reduced to it in some manner, just as all string instrument music can be described as a collection of Platonic harmonics.

This connection might be subtle, and I'm interested in how Alan arrived at those specific numbers of levels.

The general notion that we run about in groups seems to be pretty well established, although my encounter with that idea is with the IARRT's regression material. Bruce used the idea of a succession of levels he called "disks",  which I generally experience as something more abstract, but similar. The logical implication, and underlying processes of interaction provide evidence is that these evolve into diversity, rather than collapsing into a singularity. This, I doubt that we all have to be together holding hands for one of us to be saved. Ideas that we have to gather this or that together would generally seem to be born out of theories in which we are born with a lack of something, and aside from common sense, I tend to think that is incorrect.

So that is a second factor that I'm curious about.

My personal experience fits a seven level model: obdurate matter, animate matter, mental, lower astral, upper astral, Cosmic Consciousness or Mind (sarvastarka samadhi), and "It" or Godhead (nirvastarka samadhi). Each level is well defined logically, so that there are specific requirements to go from one to the next. But I can't claim that this is either ultimately correct or incorrect. It simply appears to be one way to look at things.

If we examine the "group all at once or nothing" idea, it makes a partial fit to experience, but not a total one. If we were to need to gather the whole existential crew together to transition to the next level, which is true for logical transitions of state, then the universe would go through great hiccups of generation and self-transcendence. Hindus express this as Brahman sending for the universe like a spiders web, and then pulling it all back in, devouring it, and then spinning it out anew.  But there are also less dramatic transitions, such as birth and death of individuals, and we could postulate the behavior of groups of various sizes. But we also have individuals who transcend and go off into the upper levels. One example would be Jesus, other examples would be all the millions of buddhas and yogis over time. So the "all or nothing" idea a poorly supported notion.

What say, Alan? Where did this come from in your background?

dave

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Dec 16th, 2007 at 6:14pm

Smiley I'm bemused as ever at the hard knowledge you guys display! Thanks for a few more pointers to sources.

You hit the nail on the head for me too Dave with the suggestion that it's possible to be fairly comfortable that the planes are at least one conception of something fairly real - that the million dollar question is how the progression happens.

The bugbear I can't overcome with simple models is the way we it's suggested progress through the bardos and into rebirth (in whatever plane/realm) in the Tibetan Book of the Dead. If remotely true (and Buddhist teaching has a way of being pretty reliable) it's far from the happy happy dance from plane to plane of a conventional  individual self that we in our rise tinted moments like to imagine....

Which was the reason I too was keen to hear some more on the background to the material Alan posted....

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #14 - Dec 17th, 2007 at 3:26am

I think no one said anything about being happy Ian in the progression of our evolvement so just mentioning happiness is solely something an individual decides to be, despite what's going on around them that is related to not happy. then you have to suppose that one could actually  decide to be happy and have it be so. but we are creative that way to be able to look at negativity and produce a positive from that. which produces happy feeling. I've been called a born optimist and so it seems it may be true, the good news is we can be creative or our own inner environment through cultivation, using whatever system of philosophy takes our fancy. and confidentially even born optimists have tasted hell. I never want to go back there!

In Cozzolini's material which people who have a more scientific outlook, like our Dave here is appearing like an Einstein to me, which is a compliment Dave. I like to begin those studies myself, I am more of the psychologist type on board, to deal with emotion and relationships and talking to guides what not.

they told me to get scientific I said ok, give me some time.  Smiley as i was saying before I got off track Dave, Cozzolini uses the 7 layer spider definition and speaks a bit about our holographic universe, he also says his system is one he prefers, that there are others using a different number of levels, such as 9. in numerology, we have 11 and 22 as significant spiritual implications, 11 being a number one cannot reduce, 22 the same.
11 is mastery number.
music is the sound of all of us put together in the grid, sounds like the ocean roar. music is based on mathematical principles of rhythm, of sound and silence together in rhythm. much subliminal messages picked up there. I believe we each have a single note our vibrational bodies emit. this is an attempt to converse with Dave! haha!
I think you would understand Cozzolini and his physics, plus philosophy quite naturally and quickly...I had to read him 3 times thru to get it sensing there was a way for me to enter his material, just to get my foot in the door of scientific approaches. yet you may be way beyond his book The Path.

Regarding the levels from Leadbeater's perspective, he says in the lower astral is 3 levels of that. then we have the mid point astral of 3 layers, then we go to the higher astral and we do the 3 layers again...then we approach a mental plane where we repeat the process of the 3's. this reminds me of 3 dimensions, and how we are shifting to the 4rth dimension at this time, a place of nonduality mentally. a oneness concept as opposed to a divisive thing.
the 3 thing goes onto into other planes, mental and astral are just two of the planes of consciousness. astral is composed of the desire elemental feature, a sort of living substance of cosmic stuff that we utilize as units of consciousness to gain our individual identity from.
Leadbeater says the ego stays on another (higher self) level and feeds it's projection (probe) from this other level. it still looks like holographics to me. and that we actually have 7 bodies, not just physical, and each one is made of a more finer vibrating material, the physical being the coarsest and slowest of all.
I believe in Buddhist terms, controlling the desire elemental body is very important, as it can break away from the ego and trouble begins in that case so says Leadbeater, and keep in mind, he's from the old school of esoteric, a bit of a taskmaster. has two or three pages warning people about messing with their kundalini, which is a bit redundant and he can unnecessarily scare your pants off, but then I do agree with him, don't mess with raising your own kundalini unless you have a master teacher watching over you. you don't want this power unless you have wisdom to go with it. mans best laid plans do go astray from time to time.

speaking of levels, how many can we count from TMI? 10, 12, 15, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 and 33.  that adds up to 9.

I took Cozzolini's advice that all these layers are like a spider web. the spider of yourself sits in the middle of web. when a though hits the web, no matter what part of the web, the vibrations are felt by the I AM consciousness in the center. so the layers overlap. we can bounce between the layers, so they are not sharply defined as in one on top of the other. in that case, we are just using numbers right now in order to have a language to communicate with.
I can just see it now, lol, a person dies and they ask st peter, is there a focus 27 here? all I can see is pearly gates. but u never know st peter might say, oh, you took the wrong elevator, its just right around the corner, do u need a lift?

that reminds me, BobMc. a member here works in a hospital. he's a healer and retriever. someone died and he can see them. this one spirit asked him "are you god? where am I? Bob said, no, I'm not god, go to the light, see it? right there. it's there. and the spirit went towards the light. I just thought that was funny about asking Bob if he was god, because we all are god put together.

love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.