Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
True Heavens: Realms Beyond Space and Time (Read 28499 times)
recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: True Heavens: Realms Beyond Space and Time
Reply #75 - Apr 22nd, 2009 at 12:54pm

Rondelle:

First of all, I believe that a spirit rejoins its disk only it after it goes through whatever growth experiences it has to go through before it can do so. For example, if it lived its life in this World in a negative way, it might end up in a lower realm for a while, before it gets to rejoin its disk.

Regarding the words you attributed to Jesus, anywhere from 60-120 years passed until his words were recorded. If you add translational factors, it is possible that some of the words attributed to him in the Bible didn't actually come from. When I read the words attributed to him many sound right, but sometimes I'll read words attributed to him and it is hard to believe that they actually came from him. Any man or being who lives according to love and divine wisdom wouldn't say such words. If one suggests I'm being selective, what choice do I have?  It would be erroneous for people to assume that every word attributed to Jesus actually comes from. I believe that people do him an injustice if they allow words to be attributed to him, that aren't loving in nature. Therefore, each of us needs to listen to our intelligence, common sense and heart, when we try to determine which words did come from him and which don't. As long as we have pure intentions when we do so we'll do okay, even if we get it wrong every once in a while. Going by the many demoninations of Christianity that exist, people have interpreted his words in many ways.

Regarding the wages of sin are death, if these words were true lower realms wouldn't exist, because there wouldn't be any spirits who end up in such realms.  I and other people have found through spiritual experiences that spirits do make their way out of lower realms.

rondele wrote on Apr 21st, 2009 at 9:18pm:
Albert-

Let's take as a premise that Jesus was in fact the Son of God, and that His teachings were truthful.

If that is correct, then it seems to me that something doesn't quite add up.  Why would He say, for instance, that the wages of sin is death?  After all, if we really are comprised of many different...and conflicting..personalities, that means at times we've been saints and sometimes sinners, maybe even murderers.

So why would Jesus be so adamant and uncompromising if He knew that we are a "mulligan stew" of different characteristics?

After all, if we are both good and evil, then wouldn't He have been a bit more understanding?

R

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #76 - Apr 22nd, 2009 at 1:18pm

Don:

First of all, I'll respond to your post before reading Dude's post. It'll be interesting to see if we come up with something similar.

Regarding how disk members can be one and many at the same time, I believe the same is true for every soul that exists. We are all many and one at the same time. We started as one and them became many without "truly" doing so. When a soul gets to the point where it doesn't want to shut other souls out for whatever reasons, it will be able to experience how we are one an many at the same time. This happens when we live completely according to love.

What about what Swedenborg says about how male and female spirits marry each other?  They merge as one, the female's intellect becomes inactive because the male's intellect takes over, and the male's volition becomes inactive, because the female's volition takes over. Are they one and separate at the same time? Perhaps I should not of used this example, because I find it hard to believe.  First of all, I don't believe that our spirits have male and female genders. If anything we have both masculine and feminine qualities, without physical gender traits having anything to do with it. When we reach a higher level of being, we are all one, and marriage as Swedenborg portrays doesn't seem necessary. Do women really have the fate of having to give up their intellects some day? Sounds kind of chauvanistic to me.

Swedenborg also talks about soul groups that are united as one as if they are one being. If I remember right, this is what he said Archangel Michael is about.  How can they be one and many at the same time?  

I believe it is a mistake to conclude who's information is more accurate according to how many verifications have been made. There are other factors. Some people aren't here in order to prove things to other people. They are here to take care of whatever spirit work they need to take care of. When it came to information I received about disks and such, it came in a way where it is hard to doubt. I figure the same is true for other people who have done the same. Our experiences don't get invalidated simply because Swedenborg didn't have the same experiences. Perhaps it wasn't appropriate for him to learn about disks. Perhaps people from his time period weren't ready for such information. Information was provided to him that people would accept. Because it wasn't appropriate to tell him about disks, he couldn't be told about reincarnation, because it couldn't be explained how precisely it works.

I say the above with the belief that when the spirit World tries to help us out, our limited belief systems present a problem. Therefore, they sometimes have to present information that doesn't represent the entire truth, whether they like it or not. They aren't at fault, we are.

Berserk2 wrote on Apr 22nd, 2009 at 1:30am:
Albert,

You and Dude act as if personal experience with no compelling verifications entitles you to dismiss personal experience with awesome verfications (Swedenborg and the best of mediumship).  
You distort my position and make no attempt to explain ES's later disillusionment with his astral experiences of what he mistook for his own reincarnation memories. In my view, your persistence in ducking a plausible counter view just shows that you are imposing a New Age doctrinal overlay on to a misunderstood experience.   And as Albert knows very well, I am not rejecting the Group Soul doctrine; I am merely challenging your interpretation of it, given the alternative view that comes from a more credible adept and is metaphysically coherent in a way that you have failed to explain for your perspective.  Let me try again: What is your perspective on how multiple selves can be independently conscious as individuals, and at the same time, conscious as one Overself?  What do these soul fragments actually do in their sequential activities?

Roger, I find "soul pre-existence," but no reincarnation concept in "Lighted Passage."  But I cannot find your quote on page 215.  Would you please check it and see if you have cited the wrong page?

Don  

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #77 - Apr 22nd, 2009 at 1:26pm

Because my higher self, oversoul, Mr. Disk, whatever you want to call it, enabled me to have an experience where I was aware of twelve selves at the same time, yet I still felt as if I was me, a much bigger me, I believe it is possible for a being to exist in the manner Dude describes.

I don't believe my imagination was responsible for the experience I had. But even if it was, if it was possible for my imagination to create such an experience, then it is possible for a higher level being to exist in a similar matter, because certainly a higher level being could create such a way of existing.

I Am Dude wrote on Apr 22nd, 2009 at 11:33am:
Quote:
What is your perspective on how multiple selves can be independently conscious as individuals, and at the same time, conscious as one Overself?  What do these soul fragments actually do in their sequential activities?

Although this question was directed towards Albert, I am going to answer as well.  

The way I understand it is as follows.  A "being" of a very high vibration, lets call him "Mr.Disk," basically decides to explore the physical dimension first hand.  The entirety of Mr.Disk's consciousness cannot exist in the physical dimension, however.  Mr.Disk has to be involved with much more than his incarnation's ego-self activities... he has to deal with the developement and regulation of his incarnation's body and its functions, the activities of his incarnation's subconscious mind, and the process by which his incarnation manifests his reality through his thoughts and beliefs.  Mr.Disk is responsible for all aspects of his incarnation's existence, yet his incarnation, being consciously unaware of him(Mr.Disk), is in control of his own life from his own narrow perspective.  

Mr.Disk filters himself into multiple time frames as multiple individuals.  He is intimately aware of each aspect of his consciousness, for it is from his consciousness, his energy, that these individuals get their lives from, and although his incarnations are not consciously aware of him during waking hours, during the dream state they consciously reconnect and interact with Mr.Disk.  So at the level of Mr.Disk, all of these incarnated individuals are at a state of oneness with each other, for Mr.Disk's consciousness encompasses all of them.  Mr.Disk has his own unique consciousness at his level of existence, PLUS he is the consciousness of all of his incarnated personalities.  Of course, at their individual level of consciousness while on earth, they appear to be separate beings existing on their own.  In reality, they are all one with each other, for the very essence of their being, the core of their existence, is Mr.Disk.

This is the relationship as I see it between disk members and their oversoul.  It seems pretty coherent to me.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #78 - Apr 22nd, 2009 at 1:50pm

Albert-

It just seems to me that somewhere in the New Testament we would have had at least a hint about our true nature (assuming we are all multidimensional creatures).

I wonder if that concept was even in vogue during that time?

Have you read any of Michael Newton's books?  He also contends that when we incarnate, we take only a portion of our total energy with us.  Energy in this sense refers to our soul.  In other words, part of us is here, part stays behind.  And he also subscribes to the disk theory, altho he calls it soul clusters.

(You know, a lot of this is very close to the Seth material.)

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #79 - Apr 22nd, 2009 at 2:05pm

Rondelle:

For the most part, the gospels seem to represent when Jesus spoke to the masses. I doubt that the masses wanted to hear about disks. It isn't necessary that people know about disks in order to live their life in a positive manner.

Regarding Michael Newton, his books don't seem completely accurate to me. He speaks as if lower realms and unfriendly influences don't exist.  He speaks of souls in a manner that is limiting.  I read a little of his third book, and he sure provides a lot of suggestions.

Regarding Seth, my belief is that Jane Roberts made up Seth (I'm not one hundred percent certain), and the oversoul viewpoint didn't start with her.

If a person felt what it feels like to be in contact with his or her disk/I-there/higher self/oversoul, he or she wouldn't believe that it is demonic.

rondele wrote on Apr 22nd, 2009 at 1:50pm:
Albert-

It just seems to me that somewhere in the New Testament we would have had at least a hint about our true nature (assuming we are all multidimensional creatures).

I wonder if that concept was even in vogue during that time?

Have you read any of Michael Newton's books?  He also contends that when we incarnate, we take only a portion of our total energy with us.  Energy in this sense refers to our soul.  In other words, part of us is here, part stays behind.  And he also subscribes to the disk theory, altho he calls it soul clusters.

(You know, a lot of this is very close to the Seth material.)

« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2009 at 8:00pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #80 - Apr 22nd, 2009 at 2:34pm

Don

Keep in mind that ES lived during the 18th century. Human consciousness is constantly evolving.  We are closer to understanding the true nature of our existence now then we have ever been before.  I'm willing to bet that if ES lived in the 21st century, his perceptions of what he experienced would be quite different.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #81 - Apr 23rd, 2009 at 4:21am

Rondele and others,

I have just returned to the forum and onto this topic,

Your early comment where Jesus says "The wages of sin is death but the gift of god is eternal life"

What he meant was as finite imperfect beings, if we are compared to the absolute mind-boggling perfection of Almighty God we fall far to short to get his favor all on our own by our own methods.

Like god sits on a remote star, and we climb the highest earthly mountain to get to him out there on that remote star in the universe.

No matter how hard we try we can never reach God all on our own

We need urgent help, this is where Jesus comes in, and he can reach down from the star and pull us up to where God is and act as our advocate (called Divine grace)

Maybe a silly analogy, metaphor I hope it helps

Peace

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #82 - Apr 23rd, 2009 at 4:53am

Quote:
I doubt that the masses wanted to hear about disks.

Hilarious.  And very true.  It's funny mainly because the people back then, in their rather unadvanced state of consciousness, would not even be able to comprehend such a concept, let alone accept it as truth.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #83 - Apr 29th, 2009 at 3:08pm

Don- In Lighted Passage, page 215, Rea (the deceased daughter of Rev. Vincent) tells her father about her own persona:  "I-the Rea you know-was only a small part of the being that I am in eternity.  Like a flower, you saw only the visible.  Well, the real Rea is the whole past with all its journeys summed up in being, and now there is another new journey concering which I can only surmise."

Roger,

I tracked down your quote on p. 211 of my edition.  Posters are mistaken to imagine that Disk ideology is too arcane for an early Christian mindset.  Jesus and His disciples took the doctrine of the pre-existence of the soul for granted.  They assume that souls can develop virtues and character flaws in that pre-existent state (e. g. John 9:1-2; cp. Wisdom of Solomon 8:19-20). According to one intertestamental Jewish work (2 Enoch), souls were created during the creation of the universe.  So what were they doing back then?   Clearly our memory of our pre-birth existence has been erased or rendered dormant for our own good in this earth school.  This suppressed memory might explain Rea's experience of being so much more than she realized on Earth.

The Bible and contemporary Judeo-Christian texts do not detail what transpires prior to our birth.  But one early Church Father (Origen--225 AD) speaks of several pre-existent lives in other worlds in which spiritual lessons are learned.  In each prior life, a suitable body was inhabited for that world.  God tells the prophet Jeremiah that He knew Him before His birth and called Jeremiah to be a prophet prior to his birth (Jeremiah 1:5).   This is reincarnation not in the sense of  prior lives on earth, but in the sense of prior lives in the unique spiritual schools provided by different worlds.

Here is my most important point.  The EXPERIENCE of the Group Soul is very real.  Its reality is independently attested, not refuted, by the pro-and anti-reincarnational perspectives of the adepts.  The real issue is who is right and who is biased by preconceptions.  This question informs my skepticism of the New Age reincarnation interpretation.  Swedenborg had no dog in this fight.  Yet he learns that his prior reincarnationist interpretation of astral past lives is incorrect and that unconscious spirit mergers are flooding his memory with those of other distinct spirits.  In a world with no space and time, distinct spirits may have constant access to each other's memories and this may be wrongly confused as an oversoul.

Don

« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2009 at 6:28pm by Berserk2 »  

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #84 - Apr 29th, 2009 at 3:27pm

Don:

But what if the beings a person is in contact with, purposely present information to a person where it is clear that they are stating that the disk viewpoint is true in some way? When such information is received, it isn't a matter of interpretting a soul group experience in a false way.

In a way, there isn't much of a difference between the soul group viewpoint and the disk viewpoint. In each case, a being that is composed of numerous parts exists as if it is one being.  This larger being and its members learn from the lessons of selves that incarnate.  The bounderies that exist between different members are only as rigid as its members allow them to be. After all, we all started out from one being.

My feeling is that each soul can open to as much of the all as it allows itself to do so.  A part of allowing is letting go of the limitations that prevent it from doing so.

Regarding what people from Biblical times could understand, I don't know about this matter as well as you; nevertheless, I figure that if some of them were still doing things such as animal sacrifices, they probably didn't have a frame of mind that would allow them to accept the disk viewpoint. People from the time period believed the World was flat, the sun rotates around the earth, and God looks like a person. Perhaps I'm wrong about the later point. If they believed that God is a very vast being who isn't limited by our form based concepts, perhaps they believed that he could use his creative ability in any way he wants, including disk creation. If disks serve a functional purpose that serve the greater good, where is the problem?

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #85 - Apr 29th, 2009 at 4:00pm

Albert,

(1) Spirits can impersonate and lie about both New Age and Christian perspectives.  At least ES claims he ascended higher and was disabused of his reincarnationist perspective on higher planes.

(2) No, the biblical perspective does not include incarnate souls benefitting from lessons learned from other preincarnate souls in some collective group soul.  But neither is this possibility discounted.  The view that a prior cluster of mind-sharing but independent souls
might bring wisdom from this merger to earth seems promising.  But there is no need to link this to a continuity of soul identity with some Oversoul.  Interstingly, this perspective fits with Rupert Sheldrake's research on morphogenetic fields of consciousness that allow insights from one part of the earth to be conveyed animals of the same species elsewhere on earth.

(3) Flat Earth?  Wel, in some texts, but  Roll Eyes...
:"God stretches the northern sky over EMPTY SPACE and hangs the world on NOTHING (Job 26;7)."
In the ancient Near Eastern view, the earth floated in primordial waters or hung on pillars.

"God is enthroned above the CIRCLE of the Earth (Isaiah 40:22).
Note  that the Hebrew word for "circle" can also mean "sphere."

Don
« Last Edit: Apr 30th, 2009 at 2:05pm by Berserk2 »  

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #86 - Apr 29th, 2009 at 5:39pm

Don said:  "(1) Spirits can impersonate and lie about both New Age and Christian perspectives."

Recoverer responds: "I believe the above is true. It is up to each of us to determine whether or not we are in contact with friendly spirits.  Below are some possible guidelines:

1. If you feel love, peace and a sense of divinity when you make contact with a spirit, then this spirit probably lives according to love and light. There have been numerous times when I have been in contact with a spirit, and the feeling I received by being in contact told me much more about its purity than my rational mind could figure out.

2. The spirit you communicate with understands that if you're going to grow, you'll have to figure a lot of things out for yourself. Therefore, it won't simply provide you with all kinds of information and tell you to believe this way. For the most part, the information it provides you with serves the purpose of facillitating spirituall growth. It'll help you become aware of the psychological issues that limit you.

3. Related to number 2, a friendly spirit might offer you perspectives on moral issues, but it will basically leave it up to you to decide what a moral way of living is about.  It will encourage you to listen to your heart and trust yourself. A friendly spirit will help you find out about your inner strength.

4. A friendly spirit will show that it is aware of virtues that an unfriendly spirit wouldn't be aware of. For example, an unfriendly spirit wouldn't be capable of helping you have experiences where through experience you learn about humility, reverence, grattitude and divine love.

5. A friendly spirit won't show any signs that it is looking out for its personal interests. If anything, it'll show that it has the greater good in mind. When it comes to the guidance I'm in contact with, it focuses its attention on helping me grow in love not only for my sake, but because it really does make a difference what kind of vibration we share with the rest of the World. The more each of us can share love, the more the state of affairs in this World will improve.

6. Eventually it will become clear that a friendly spirit tends to have more faith in you than you have in yourself.

7. I also receive advice about my diet, because when I eat in a way that serves my energetic needs, it improves my ability to provide the spirit help I provide.

The above isn't the result of what I've read, it is the result of what I've experienced.

I figure if a person has good intentions, he or she is more likely to make a connection to friendly spirits rather than unfriendly spirits. I believe we have a natural connection to friendly spirits, not unfriendly spirits.

« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2009 at 7:03pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

smidee

Reply #87 - Apr 30th, 2009 at 11:00am

Quote:
Here is my most important point.  The EXPERIENCE of the Group Soul is very real.  Its reality is independently attested, not refuted, by the pro-and anti-reincarnational perspectives of the adepts.  The real issue is who is right and who is biased by preconceptions.  This question informs my skepticism of the New Age reincarnation interpretation.  Swedenborg had no dog in this fight.  Yet he learns that his prior reincarnationist interpretation of astral past lives is incorrect and that unconscious spirit mergers are flooding his memory with those of other distinct spirits.  In a world with no space and time, distinct spirits may have constant access to each other's memories and this may be wrongly confused as an oversoul.

Don

Some infos please. What is difference between disk, soul group, total being and oversoul?

Thank you for answers.

smidee

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #88 - Apr 30th, 2009 at 2:02pm

By "total being" I mean the total amount of consciousness space/capacity in which a soul exists. Our physical existence is only a stream or small amount of the total consciousness that makes up the amount of consciousness that we truly are and/or have access to as our total self. This idea probably aligns most with Don's description of soul group "mind sharing" consciousness where there is no separation... distinction yes, separation no.

We are the consciousness of our total being and the physical experience is only a tiny consciousness stream extending out from our total being to experience the earth life consciousness system. We are never not our total being, it only seems that way because memory of this has been dimmed by the rules/laws of physical reality in which we perceive ourselves as separated from our total being.

The quality of the consciousness of our total being is reflected at what I call our core essence. The higher the quality the more love we radiate from the core essence, the lower the quality, the more fear and ego is reflected from the core essence. Hence all quality types exist. The "lower realms" are total beings (souls) whose core essence contains a lot of fear and ego. The "higher realms are total beings (souls) whose core essence contains a lot of love because they lack fear and ego.

The more fear and ego we let go of, the more our essence radiates love. This happens automatically because at the core we, even as a tiny stream of consciousness, carry the pattern (seed) of the larger consciousness system (God) that is a brilliant being of love. The less fear and ego we have, the more this pattern of brilliant love up wells and shines through us.

Kathy

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #89 - Apr 30th, 2009 at 2:21pm

I like all of what Kathy wrote, but the below really caught my attention. A nice way to put it.

"where there is no separation... distinction yes, separation no."
« Last Edit: Apr 30th, 2009 at 7:59pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.