Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
All my wisdoms (Read 7978 times)
LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
All my wisdoms
Oct 2nd, 2007 at 11:42am

All my wisdoms in a nutshell

If I was a man I wouldn’t have a bra and a potato chip would not fall down there...

women share confidences, men share conquests

love is being willing to love

men like men because they are allowed to fart in the same room with each other

the only way to get somewhere is to leave expectations behind and start walking

love is counting up the ways u love someone and remembering this when you get mad at them.

war is hitting the enemy from behind instead of in front where they have a chance to fight

war is not fair, but the human can think of numerous reasons why there are no other options.

love is listening to others tell their story and then saying thats the most wonderful thing I’ve heard all day even if it’s not.

love is something to guard in the heart although it needs no defense to survive.

the world deserves peace even if it doesn’t ask for peace.

they said love is never having to say you’re sorry but if we don’t apologize we can’t do better next time.

love looks for whats right, not for whats wrong, it makes its house on what is going right.

love is letting another be whoever they are in the moment without butting in or judging them as wrong. Then when they are all through explaining who they are to you, you nod your head and say, I was right about you all this time. then if they start explaining who they think u r, you go shopping at Walmart and tell them you’ll see them later.

or, you do plan B: you begin to remember all the reasons you loved them from the start and check to see if those reasons are still there. Usually, they are.

I wonder if divorce lawyers ever get divorced? They’ve had so much practice, I wonder if they practice what they preach?

One pays to get married, and pays to get a divorce, think of all that money I could take to Walmart...

Committments are done with paperwork, but they should be done on your knees with a prayer instead.

that which u give to god is well taken care of and so it is that no problem is too big for spirit to handle, either in love or war.

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

orlando123

France
Re: All my wisdoms
Reply #1 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 2:43pm

Hi Laffingrain, you are in a pensive mood today! I think you have had some trying men in your life...

If I was a man I wouldn’t have a bra and a potato chip would not fall down there...

well that's one reason to be thankful for being a man then I guess  Wink

women share confidences, men share conquests

hmm, that's a little bit stereotyping of you LR! I don't think it really describes most of my male friends/relatives, but then maybe I don't hang our with this kind of man. I do agree though that quite often men don;t share feelings/confidences etc enough, and talk about superficialities too much, but I also think that can apply to humans generally. On the other hand I guess there's a time and place and it would be emotionally exhausting if you went round talking about your deepest feelings all the time.

love is being willing to love

makes sense

men like men because they are allowed to fart in the same room with each other

hmm, I've come across the occasional guy like that, but it's a bit tiresome. I guess though in a broader sense men traditionally feel they should act more refined in female company than they might with male friends, in terms of what they say and do. I guess that also works from the female point of view though too to an extent.

the only way to get somewhere is to leave expectations behind and start walking

seems good advice - as in more action, less theory and procrastinating?

love is counting up the ways u love someone and remembering this when you get mad at them.

yeah, everyone should do that. And - aside from people you really love - even with rather unloveable people you can often find some sympathetic side to them if you try

love is listening to others tell their story and then saying thats the most wonderful thing I’ve heard all day even if it’s not.

agree with first part, and I guess it's generally best not to hurt people's feelings, so the odd white lie doesn't hurt

they said love is never having to say you’re sorry but if we don’t apologize we can’t do better next time.

I think you should always say sorry if you feel bad about something. It's good to clear the air

love looks for whats right, not for whats wrong, it makes its house on what is going right

yes. nothing and no none are ever "perfect", and there's no use dwelling on the bad bits too much.

love is letting another be whoever they are in the moment without butting in or judging them as wrong. Then when they are all through explaining who they are to you, you nod your head and say, I was right about you all this time. then if they start explaining who they think u r, you go shopping at Walmart and tell them you’ll see them later.

Grin

or, you do plan B: you begin to remember all the reasons you loved them from the start and check to see if those reasons are still there. Usually, they are.

Smiley

I wonder if divorce lawyers ever get divorced? They’ve had so much practice, I wonder if they practice what they preach?

What do you mean - that they preach that getting divorced is fine? You'd think they would avoid it as they know what a painful thing it can be... but maybe not, I mean lots of doctors smoke and not all priests are models of virtue

One pays to get married, and pays to get a divorce, think of all that money I could take to Walmart...

Roll Eyes yes, if only we knew beforehand, I suppose

Committments are done with paperwork, but they should be done on your knees with a prayer instead.

yes, in an ideal world. but maybe both would be nice

that which u give to god is well taken care of and so it is that no problem is too big for spirit to handle, either in love or war.

maybe, but not everyone copes with life - is it just that they are not putting enough trust in God?

(PS I'm not very interested in war. can't believe humans are so stupid as to still be having them, but I realise sometimes leaders have hard decisions to make. I mean going to war against someone like Hitler was a reasonable idea I guess)

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #2 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 3:45pm

Thank you, Laffingrain!

Alot of living goes into making a list like that!

Love, Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #3 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 6:34pm

Hi Orlando  Smiley

I should have said all men do this or that until I met Orlando, lol,  Wink

I was just having some fun, I'm probably full of it though.  some of it sounds good though huh? Cheesy

IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #4 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 6:36pm

That's the most wonderful story I've heard all day!!   Grin

In my past lives-- when I was a man--- I wasn't too nice to the ladies.  In one past life (this is MY belief--- ) I was an African man, very small in stature and I remember kicking my wife.  Not too nice.  In another past life (remember-- this is what I envisioned during a meditation, so it's my belief) I was a Roman soldier after the death of Christ and I had sex with any woman, any time, any where and didn't concern myself about the consequences that I left behind with those women. I never supported any family.  Again--- not too nice a man.  Thererfore---- may be some truth in what you say!??  Undecided

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #5 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 6:51pm

u know cat u r a breath of fresh air..u really are! I was just thinking about Dead Preacher guy. he really doesn't like the sexual revolution at all. he thinks still that sex and love should be the same thing, and sacred. then he remembers when people had manners, he goes on and on about whats wrong with society today then he goes and gets himself reborn as a hippie...go figure! but he never liked what he was looking at although he could see what they were trying to change.

IP Logged

orlando123

France
Reply #6 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 2:47am

LaffingRain wrote on Oct 2nd, 2007 at 6:34pm:
Hi Orlando  Smiley

I should have said all men do this or that until I met Orlando, lol,  Wink

I was just having some fun, I'm probably full of it though.  some of it sounds good though huh? Cheesy

No, you are not full of it! Smiley Some of it definitely sounds good and it is silly of me to take the jokey bits so seriously! I should lighten up!

IP Logged

mikizee

Reply #7 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 10:42am

Someone once gave me some advice on getting married -

'Cut out the middle man; find someone you hate and buy them a house.'

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

central california
Reply #8 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 3:08pm

As I sit on the edge of my bed eating crackers and chips I dare not tell you where the chips are falling.

But if you were a man perhaps you could forgo wearing skivvies altogether. Smiley

Hmmm - sounds like some of past girl friends ... letting the chips fall where they may.

d

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #9 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 5:26pm

So that's why men have beer bellies. To stop their chips from falling to the floor or to whatever the heck Dave is talking about.

dave_a_mbs wrote on Oct 3rd, 2007 at 3:08pm:
As I sit on the edge of my bed eating crackers and chips I dare not tell you where the chips are falling.

But if you were a man perhaps you could forgo wearing skivvies altogether. Smiley

Hmmm - sounds like some of past girl friends ... letting the chips fall where they may.

d

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

central california
Reply #10 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 8:20pm

And here I had been thinking that to develop a beer belly was a crumby activity - evidently quite the reverse. - I guess that saltines and navel lint are in.

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #11 - Oct 4th, 2007 at 9:00am

my goodness what have I started? I never laughed so hard so early in the morning. Grin

Orlando u r the sweetest critter I've run across in a long time..

IP Logged

Cricket

Reply #12 - Oct 4th, 2007 at 10:14am

LOL!  It must be something in the air - on another board I read, some guy just posted (hopefully facetiously) that he uses his belly button to fill with salt to dip his hard boiled eggs in!

Somethin' going around, I tell ya...

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #13 - Oct 4th, 2007 at 11:29am

mikizee wrote on Oct 3rd, 2007 at 10:42am:
Someone once gave me some advice on getting married -

'Cut out the middle man; find someone you hate and buy them a house.'

don't buy them a house, buy a mobile home, its cheaper, then one night when everyone's asleep, hitch it up and drive it away  Cheesy

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #14 - Oct 4th, 2007 at 11:34am

Cricket wrote on Oct 4th, 2007 at 10:14am:
LOL!  It must be something in the air - on another board I read, some guy just posted (hopefully facetiously) that he uses his belly button to fill with salt to dip his hard boiled eggs in!

Somethin' going around, I tell ya...

good heavens it must be a large belly button! I don't think this type of feller does much dishes...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.