Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
spirit connecting and sexuality (Read 24913 times)
betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: spirit connecting and sexuality
Reply #15 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 3:42pm

Regarding Vajra's comments that spiritual and sexual energies are closely related and that the spiritually attuned often choose celibacy,

Why do you suppose that is?

Doesn't it seem, theoretically anyway, that if that spiritual/sexual energy were in use more often, spiritual enlightenment would come sooner?

Just wondering,
Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Elanor

Reply #16 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 11:46pm

Hi LaffingRain, just a personal thought to your question: I think we're constantly bombarded with images of the perfect family (especially on the media) so it sends us the message that, having children, per se, will bring us happiness. I think it's an advertising conspiracy - more children equals to more future consumers to boost the economy...

Maybe that's my rather cynical childfree side talking, but I find the negatives far outweigh the few positive advantages I can think of, in bringing forth another human being into the world that we live in today.   Undecided

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

central california
Reply #17 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 3:17pm

The karmic reaction to this kind of thng is that we become more attached to the physical and spiritual  embodiments in which we can interact sexually. That's neither good nor bad.

Of course, if you want to stop the cycle that leads from death to death, there are other things that one might be attracted to instead of sex, since sex is generally how we got into this in the first place.

One of the Eastern classics points out that the usual thing is that we get interested in seeing our parents-to-be engaged in sexual intercourse, and as we are excited and thrilled, we "get in between them" in an effort to more fully experience their sexual ecstacy, and are trapped in the womb thereafter. Sounds like a kinky routine to me, but somethng like that would appear to be ultimately valid.

Makes me think that maybe I should be more careful of the things I do in private. Like the whole world is watching.  Wink
dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

orlando123

France
Reply #18 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 5:05pm

dave_a_mbs wrote on Oct 3rd, 2007 at 3:17pm:
One of the Eastern classics points out that the usual thing is that we get interested in seeing our parents-to-be engaged in sexual intercourse, and as we are excited and thrilled, we "get in between them" in an effort to more fully experience their sexual ecstacy, and are trapped in the womb thereafter. Sounds like a kinky routine to me, but somethng like that would appear to be ultimately valid.

Makes me think that maybe I should be more careful of the things I do in private. Like the whole world is watching.  Wink
dave

Good grief, well I guess it could work that way maybe! I'm not qualified to refute it! Sometimes you'd think God would come up with a more aesthetic/elegant method of doing things. I mean sex itself is a surprising way to come up with of getting people to express intimacy and have kids, when you think about it.

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

central california
Reply #19 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 8:22pm

On the other hand, if it ain't broke, why fix it? The current system works, and it does have some perks. - Maybe they should have asked us first?

d

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

AhSoLaoTsuAhhOmmra
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Oct 4th, 2007 at 1:51am

I've noticed that when i consistently, deeply meditate, i have very little of a sex drive, but since i don't keep up the consistent deep med. all the time, it usually starts to come back slowly but surely, and occasionally intensely (too many 'lees' there probably  Huh).

Can't say that i have experienced a full orgasm via just meditation yet.  My wife has had a couple of those, one that i remember was during a spontaneous, so called OBE when she decided to not physically satisfy the urge before hand.

IP Logged

AhSoLaoTsuAhhOmmra
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Oct 4th, 2007 at 2:22am

betson wrote on Oct 2nd, 2007 at 3:42pm:
Regarding Vajra's comments that spiritual and sexual energies are closely related and that the spiritually attuned often choose celibacy,

Why do you suppose that is?

Doesn't it seem, theoretically anyway, that if that spiritual/sexual energy were in use more often, spiritual enlightenment would come sooner?

Just wondering,
Bets

Oh boy, this one has a long, complex and relative answer!    The over simplified version???  Sexual energy is a powerful one, and it can lead either to great energy loss or rather slower vibratory harmonics, or to great charging up and transformation.    And it may be that different genders, may experience it this somewhat differently beyond the difference in obvious 'affects'. 

Women's bodies tend to be more yin polarized, and thus they need the 'yang' balance of active release, and this tends to charge up their energy fields more. 

Male bodies, tend to be more 'yang' polarized, hence orgasming and letting out the fluids becomes an over yang energy movement, unbalancing their energy and thus leading to feelings of over tiredness, etc, and this is why when men hold the fluids though still orgasm, they tend to experience a greater charge up of their energy field (holding is a yin way or experience).   

But then motivations, ideals, intentions, and other more subtle stuff changes the equation too...   Sex more purely out of lust and over attachment to bodily forces tends to decrease and slower the vibratory rates of both women and men (which is why so many who have a lot of more lust filled and/or casual sex, tend to have A LOT of the slow vibrating red shades in their auras).   But a sincere desire to merge from love, and for constructive purposes, can raise, harmonize, and strengthen the energy fields of any.   Oft times you get a mix, and so its not greatly one way or the other, but more neutral in overall affect. 

Btw, these are my experiences and intuitions with this.

Practically speaking, i think some people nearing completion can use celibacy as a tool of energy charge up, if they are channeling the energy aright, and not suppressing, repressing, thinking negatively of, etc. this energy.   I believe Yeshua did this, and for a few reasons, one because it would have been quite irresponsible to be knowingly in that role and to have a family, 2 because of the potential energy charge up factor, 3 because he came specifically to be an example of pure, impersonal, and universal love to and for all beyond physicality, and 4 because he eventually found much more fulfilling satisfaction via merging with the Creative forces than in any temporal, fleeting pleasure in the physical sex act. 
  Yet i believe he also did briefly but intensely fall in love (in the romantic sense, after all he had a Leo Rising!), and yearned for one woman, but knew that he was here for more than that and overcame these personal desires for the greater good (always his motto and way of being).    But, its relative, and it was constructive for him in that life for specific reasons. 

Doesn't necessarily hold true for others and their lives.    Nothing more beautiful or worthy than a conscious couple coming together, consecrating their bodies and lives to become channels for a spiritually developed soul to come through.    Like attracts and begets like, and oft times the motivations, the characters, the particular mix of the energies of the parents has a lot to do with the type of soul being attracted and coming through.    Particularly the mother tends to have a lot of influence in this, and how much (or little) balance and harmony between the physical, mental, and spiritual there is in her life around the time of conception and during early part of pregnancy. 

Yah, so somewhat relative (and different simultaneous perspectives to reason from), and yet certain tendencies, patterns, and averages can be seen too.   Lol probably not any clearer huh?   Not for me either.  Cheesy

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #22 - Oct 4th, 2007 at 9:38am

Thank you, AhSo!

It is ah so very much clearer to me now !  You brought up many points that I hadn't heard before or or had forgotten.

Much appreciation!

Bets  Smiley

Shakespeare

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #23 - Oct 4th, 2007 at 10:25am

u guys are really openminded thanks for helping me explore the topic a bit, I find all questions and all talk useful to me.
looking at humanity and history we see we came through a victorian age into a sexual revolution age, and now we are in an age where you can change your gender with an operation and as far as I know, it's still the sexual revolution age except we expect clergy and presidents to restrain their urges, and if they don't they get written up, excommunicated, or discharged from office.
the first chakra, is the survival chakra also. if we didn't have sexuality, we simply wouldn't be making more vehicles for spirit to utilize on the green planet.

Hi Elanor, I agree life is nothing like what we see on TV, I watch forensics, thats the truth of what can potentially happen in any relationship. having children is not for everyone, but it was in my life plan due to I knew these souls before and didn't want to  be here without their assistance, also I provided a doorway for their opportunity for growth; they are grateful. Also, I find watching my twins is like watching the best sit comedy ever!
however, terminating a pregnancy is fine with my opinion. I'm not Catholic. its more an agreement between the mother and soul of the baby what shall be and what shall not be.

Hi Bets in my case spiritual enlightenment and expressing sexuality were not compatible components as it turned out. Celibacy was a decision based on the need for peace of mind. A man or a woman, and this is a biblical saying, are attending to their mates needs instead of attending to the affairs of god...what this means to me, personally, not everyone is like me, thank god! is that I suffered a pious view and forgot I had my own needs to develop myself apart from the journey of my mate.

ideally though enlightenment/sexuality should and can be compatible, as like I said, and like Dave aptly puts it, its a perk. its here to stay unless we all become instantly androgenous and start laying eggs or something.

btw, I want to ask god if he will make the man carry the kid to term, so I can relax and go fishing, yea, its only fair! if a guy can grow breasts, he should let a babe suckle them as well! by having a uterus inplant. there ya go!

heres what will happen in future: we have a gradual population decrease worldwide, the planet returns to a former state of Eden like proportion, souls find other habitable planets to live on, and spirits to experience being physical will find bodies in sacks under trees, all fully grown, functional, preserved bodies, and we slip into one of our choice and stay a few hours or days and simply return it to it's sack when we're done, ready for the next spirit to put on.
no more pregnancys. as u can see, it was no fun for me being pregnant, although I have heard some women really like it. good for them!
although I couldn't have survived here at all without me kids.

I read the above in Ruth Mongomery's books; it struck me as the truth, but its so far off and may even be an alternate reality, I'm sure it is.

love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #24 - Oct 4th, 2007 at 10:35am

Alysia and Ruth Mongomery said:
"heres what will happen in future: we have a gradual population decrease
worldwide, the planet returns to a former state of Eden like proportion,
souls find other habitable planets to live on, and spirits to experience
being physical will find bodies in sacks under trees, all fully grown,
functional, preserved bodies, and we slip into one of our choice and
stay a few hours or days and simply return it to it's sack when we're done,
ready for the next spirit to put on."

Sounds good to me !   Cheesy

Love, Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

AhSoLaoTsuAhhOmmra
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Oct 4th, 2007 at 12:49pm

betson wrote on Oct 4th, 2007 at 9:38am:
Thank you, AhSo!

It is ah so very much clearer to me now !

Ah Geez, not you too...  I suppose that it what i get for picking such a ridiculous sounding tag. Roll Eyes Cheesy  Grin

Thanks for the laughs Bets, and for the appreciation, it is...um...well... appreciated. Wink

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Oct 4th, 2007 at 12:56pm

Wink Sounds promising, even to a crude male!!

Joking aside sex is still a difficult and complex subject. Old fashioned Victorian morality has no place if we go for a higher understanding of what's going down but sexual energies are still very powerful, can do a lot of harm and get us into a lot of trouble. There's also the disease transmission issue.

It's a big factor in relationships leading to heart links with others, pregnancy is still a common side effect and has rather significant implications, and it as we've discussed has a role to play in terms of managing kundalini or spiritual energies as well.

There's no room for absolute rules - what's right is heavily circumstance dependent I think.

Much of the harm I think flows from the way the egotistical and consequently moralistic society we are hopefully about to emerge from has turned it into a commodity. (most societal rules protect especially the interests of the powerful) Women (mostly) sell it to the highest bidder or leverage it for power and influence while covertly wanting it, men (mostly) in a sellers market often treat it and women as a commodity and do crazy things for 'it'.

Monogamy based on ego, narrow morality and jealousy means it often leads to anger, sanctions, heartbreak and loss. Women and children get used by those seeking to make money off it, or get drawn into dangerous lifestyles out of greed/need.

Other selfish interests set themselves up as the thought police and make an industry out of the demonisation of those that step outside of social mores and narrow morality. (that's not to say that some don't need protection from the sexual predators that abound in our society too)

Selfish interests use ever more provocative advertising, while society still jumps on those who become addicted, or who have 'abnormal' tendencies. The resulting stresses and obsessions lead to crime, unhappiness and unhealthy behaviours.

Roll Eyes It's no wonder that most of us are emotionally and intellectually constipated on the issue.

I can't help thinking that the free love ideas of the 60s had a lot of merit if applied using wisdom and compassion. There I suppose lies the rub.

Nevertheless a freer, less selfish, less jealous and  more generous and spontaneous attitude would surely eliminate most of the heat, lust and downsides that surround the topic, and enable the beginning of a more relaxed and much easier and more recreational approach to the whole thing.

Monogamy and the nuclear family it's fairly clear is a pretty dysfunctional model around which to structure a society anyway. (never mind that it's become an article of faith in some quarters)

I can't help thinking that in common with most aspects of living that holding back/avoidance out of fear, selfish concerns and narrow morality is not the answer. That like in most things the only way to sanity is total immersion leading to satiation leading to the topic becoming one that has worn off all of the hype and delusional intensity that surrounds it  - one that has come to be handled based on practical compassion and wisdom only. What ever it is that turns out to work...

All of that I suppose is still a few generations away....

IP Logged

AhSoLaoTsuAhhOmmra
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Oct 4th, 2007 at 12:57pm

Quote:
  Practically speaking, i think some people nearing completion can use celibacy as a tool of energy charge up, if they are channeling the energy aright, and not suppressing, repressing, thinking negatively of, etc. this energy.   

I should have also added to the above, the conscious or unconscious dislike of the opposite sex (or same sex if one is gay) as being a deeper reason beyond the lack of, or repression of sex in the experience of some.   Actually, those who really deeply dislike the opposite sex, can either become promiscuous, or prudish/celibate, and occasionally some will see saw between the two extremes at different points in there lives!

Needless to say, to be celibate out of the above reasons, is not a particularly helpful, constructive, or 'right' way of channeling that energy.

IP Logged

AhSoLaoTsuAhhOmmra
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Oct 4th, 2007 at 1:31pm

Lol, the urge to merge is quite 'spiritual' at its core.  The urge to lust is animalistic, and completely physically based and that which evolved out of collective error (extreme concentration on separation and separative ways)...

Sex is not an easy subject to understand...it is both relative and a case by case issue, with some underlying absolutes involved as well.   

There is nothing innately wrong with monogamy or polygamy, in and of itself, it depends on the inner ideals, motivations, and spiritual development and awareness of the individual. 

For some, polygamy is a way to indulge and over concentrate on the temporal physically based appetites.  For others, it is more about expressing a spiritual ideal that is based on connectedness, for some (or many) its a mixed bag of the two.   

Yet, for a society, for humanity with its physical bodies, as a general trend, monogamy is a healthier way for society at its current stage.   When more people collectively awaken to and start living Oneness in the Earth and are more conscious and aware in general, then maybe conditions will change, and cross gender polygamy will be the better way for society as a whole.   

I have very little sexual hang ups.   Yet, i would illustrate a point based on my own life and example.   There are both men and women whom i have met, who i've been energetically attracted to, and in a sense desired to 'merge' with.    Yet, i've never been physically, sexually, lustfully attracted to a man in a physical sense.    I would have no problem sleeping with a man with whom i love and am attracted to on other levels, and yet i don't simply because the physical lust attraction aspect is simply just not there naturally. 

Why does not the urge to merge, go beyond the mental, emotional, and spiritual with men, if i see nothing wrong with physically expressing that?   

Because true, spiritual merging and attraction is not of the bodily forces, and bodily forces do not have to partake of REAL love.  What is physical to begin with, what is spiritual to begin with?  What are the innate differences to begin with?   One is super slow vibrating, and thus limiting, and the other is fast vibrating, and thus freeing.   As it has been said of old, choose thou whom you will serve, for you cannot have two masters at once and be happy or feel complete.

I've been involved a bit with, and have observed some communities (read communes and intentional communities), and thus have been exposed to various modes of sexuality.   I oft see polygamy and bisexuality as an 'excuse' to indulge the animalistic body appetites to the hearts (actually the body's) content, and yet in some or in many, there is an underlying 'spiritualness' to it as well at the same time, because it partakes of a UNIVERSAL application, and that which is universal approaches spiritual.   Some people have begun to realize that we are intimately connected to all others, in a universal sense, but this doesn't mean that we need to have physical sex with every other person in order for their to be a realization and livingness of this Oneness....   In fact, the physical need not (and often shouldn't) be involved.

There are ever two influences within us, that which is of Spirit motivation, and that which is not and in a sense opposed to same...   The latter having been collective and individually concentrated on is what created the physical to begin with and yet we still continue to convince ourselves somehow that somehow the indulgence and concentration on same could bring us lasting happiness or contentment???? 

But yeah, its relative.   I seriously need to eat something.

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #29 - Oct 4th, 2007 at 4:13pm

Greetings,

I'm not advocating having sex. Smiley  I only advocate making love, and I know the difference.
Making love is easy when OB or phasing. For that and for those who can, I don't think the time is generations away. IMO this opportunity was promised us, we are created for it, but with our victorian social conditionning for earthly matters, we have forgotten the promise.

As I understand it, 'making love' involves sharing energies simultaneously through several chakra energy centers, not just the first, and doing so with 'kind consideration' for your partner, with the result that all energies of both partners are enhanced and quickened,
leading to amazing unforeseen spiritual developments.

Unfortunately it's so easy to slip from love into sex (verbs). When that happens, the only answer is to cease and desist, and set the intent to stay 'in love'(see above)the next time.

PUL, Bets

(Why yes, I have had too much wine too early in the day---how did you guess?! And if you'd spent three hours with a husband who has Parkinson's trying to install a new porch light, you'd be hitting the bottle too!)

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.