Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Why do we have consciousness? (Read 6885 times)
Starboom

Norway
Re: Why do we have consciousness?
Reply #15 - Sep 9th, 2007 at 5:20pm

I haven't experienced what you guys have, but I remember that when I was a kid I often felt like I fell out of the wall and into my body when I woke in the morning. For a while I was convinced that a part of me was inside the wall while I was asleep. o_O This was when I was about 5-9 years old.

One more season.

IP Logged

AhSoLaoTsuAhhOmmra
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Sep 14th, 2007 at 11:59pm

Quote:
I said that the sense of self is never lost. Maybe not true. True if you equate self with awareness, but I should have said that in the highest states of consciousness one reportedly experiences unity, or is oneness.

Why can't we have both at the same time, are they mutually exclusive?   Perhaps it is a blind belief of mine, but i sense that the destiny of every Soul/I-there/Disk is to completely know and completely exist in both those states of awareness within any given moment.

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

Afterlife Knowledge Member

central california
Reply #17 - Sep 16th, 2007 at 4:45pm

Consciousness in terms of what the Tibetans call the Knower, or non-contingent awareness, seems to fit both the experiences of exteriorization and everyday life. I recall being rolled up in a window shade, aware, but not as I am now.

So long as we use "either-or" thinking, we'll stay stuck in these same ideas.  For example, in the "two slit experiment", consider that what is passing through the slit is the probability field for an occurrence of a spot on a screen that we later interpret to represent an electron, proton or whatever - including heavy ions. Then we have the wavelike probability (because it is a binary approximation to a normal distribution that is granular at the Planck level) by which we get the observed result. This ignores whatever is passing through the slit. As a result, we have generalized the probability to a state of "both and" in which the extremes are not exclusive. End of boggle.

Bruce's recent post about being multiply located at many places in the spirit world is of the "both and" variety - his location is not exclusive, but includes all potential locations in order of their local probability. The only reason we don't all do this is that we still cling to some kind of limitation in order to define to our own selves who we think we are. Had we the ability to relax away those contingencies, we could all enjoy multiple states of being that we now think of as exclusive.

How to do this? If I knew it, I'd do it. Wink

d

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.