Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mary K. Baxter... (Read 2165 times)
briggsandurlacher3

Mary K. Baxter...
Sep 6th, 2007 at 12:20am

What do you guys think about Mary K. Baxter's  visions of hell.. Supposedly, she was met by Jesus, while praying and he took her on a tour through hell.. 40 nights she was shown hell..

peace

IP Logged

the_seeker

Re: Mary K. Baxter...
Reply #1 - Sep 6th, 2007 at 2:07am

i think i read her book.  i really have no explanation for it except to say i think it's a complete and absolute fraud because there is no consenting view of hell among people who have NDE's.   as i remember, her "vision" of hell fit completely with her christian beliefs. 

i would say it's safe to say that not very nice (and definitely not-christian) people have had NDE's and gone to heaven.  what is the christian's answer to this?  they say "it was the devil trying to trick them."  give me a break.  a loving god would never send anyone to hell,  and if he's so smart, why would he create someone "in his image" just to send them to hell because they're evil??  please.  and why would he create satan?  it doesn't make any sense at all.  the truth is that the vast majority of NDE's are positive, so much so that a lot of people don't want to come back to earth. 

IP Logged

briggsandurlacher3

Reply #2 - Sep 6th, 2007 at 5:36pm

the_seeker wrote on Sep 6th, 2007 at 2:07am:
i think i read her book.  i really have no explanation for it except to say i think it's a complete and absolute fraud because there is no consenting view of hell among people who have NDE's.   as i remember, her "vision" of hell fit completely with her christian beliefs.  

i would say it's safe to say that not very nice (and definitely not-christian) people have had NDE's and gone to heaven.  what is the christian's answer to this?  they say "it was the devil trying to trick them."  give me a break.  a loving god would never send anyone to hell,  and if he's so smart, why would he create someone "in his image" just to send them to hell because they're evil??  please.  and why would he create satan?  it doesn't make any sense at all.  the truth is that the vast majority of NDE's are positive, so much so that a lot of people don't want to come back to earth.  

I agree, I just wonder though sometimes, what if God actually is a sadistic monster that tortures people for eternity.. If, you think about it though if God created hell, why would God make hell such a horrific place?? Worse than something Hitler would do! A God like that is sinister!

peace

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

Afterlife Knowledge Member

central california
Reply #3 - Sep 6th, 2007 at 6:48pm

Back to the "Belief System Territories" concept again. If you want hell, and you expect hell, then God is obliging enough to allow you to have as much hell as you might desire.  To paraphrase Jesus, "If a child asks his loving father for a stone, would he give him a loaf of bread?"

I had a nice Jewish woman who came in to do a regression. She spent the next two hours watching the Garden of Eden scenario, complete with snake, and evidently felt that she had accomplished what she wanted.  My assumption is that she identified with Eve -but she never said. All I got was a blow by blow description of adam and Eve going through their Biblical changes, and their ultimate eviction.

So if you expect something, you're likely to get it. That doesn't mean that it's real, as much as it demonstrates the power of belief to guide our innate creativity. The real stuff is whatever seems to stick around after a few million years etc.

d

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

the_seeker

Reply #4 - Sep 6th, 2007 at 9:39pm

many people have life reviews where they see everything they ever did and then JUDGE THEMSELVES.  that's important.  if we judge ourselves, why would we send ourselves to hell?!  that makes no sense.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.