Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Shutdowning the brain (Read 4308 times)
PhantasyMan

Québec
Shutdowning the brain
Sep 3rd, 2007 at 6:18pm

Hi

I have tried a lot of Qigong and healing visualization in the 3 last years and I have come up with this little exercise that it's very helpful.  I call it Shutdowning the brain (or the matrix). 

I was someone that used too much his mental energy and I found that over brain activity caused a lot "feedback" in it.  The brain was never "relax", always in action, causing lost of energy and chemical imbalance.  Also, I think the brain is a bidirectional interface between our soul/consciousness and our body.  I think that the brain feed back had an effect on the body (causing bioelectric stress in it) and also released uncontrolled energies in my consciousness field causing static energy blockage. 

So I think it's very important to relax the brain for a good health and also to have deeper insight and deeper meditations. here my exercise:

1- With eyes closed, and after few long and deep breath, feel your brain cortex.  Breath through it.
2- After your feel it, imagine your brain the way you want.
3- Imagine that you touch your brain with your hands, and FEEL it.  It will bind the feeling to the visualization creating a strong connection.
4- Now, see the brain activity the way you want.  For exemple, I like to see interconnected vectors  with light going through it, or sometime, I just imagine a big city that I see from the sky that has a lot of traffics and lights in it.
5- Imagine now, that you push the shutdown button, that will end all this activities.  See the lights going off, see the activity slowly going down.  If a thought happen, see light going "on" and shutdown it again.
6- Do this layer by layer. Do not force it.
7- When most of the brain activity is down, see the Shinning in the middle of your head that was always hidden by the activity and light.  Feel it, feel your pure consciousness without the "distortion" of the brain activity and layers of beliefs.
8- Rest in peace with It and let it grow.  Don't force anything

Enjoy!

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Shutdowning the brain
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2007 at 9:39pm

Yes I'll try that!

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #2 - Sep 4th, 2007 at 10:45am

Greetings,

" see the Shining in the middle of your head that was always hidden
by the activity and light.  Feel it, feel your pure consciousness ...."

This is wonderful that you have found a path to quieting the mind! 
You mention that you had two traditions that perhaps influenced you.
Recently another site member tried  a personal new technique whereby the light spot was put  outside himself, and that about ripped him apart. It brings up a slight but very important aspect that we ARE a spot of light, and we can call to or appeal to the All-Pervasive God-Light to ask that it comes to us. But we cannot create or command the great all-pervasive light.
These lights must be more than symbols and must be our direct perception of Life energies, the source of all life.
There was a reason I believe that past spiritual practices were taught only to those monks who adhered to strict orders, and that was to keep them from experimenting without knowledge of the power of such energies.

I'm grateful to people like you, Phantasy Man, who are   e x t e n d i n g   our spiritual knowledge from what we can learn from past masters.
Please put up with my caution, PhantasyMan. I love you guys and don't want you harmed.

PUL, Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

central california
Reply #3 - Sep 4th, 2007 at 3:44pm

Hey!
That's a neat trick!
It makes things quit - not a bad idea at all.

d

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #4 - Sep 4th, 2007 at 8:19pm

What just comes to my mind when I read Bets' post was, I once had headaches, and of course wished they might go away. So I tried something, in my mind I went from the top of my head where the aches were concentrating, up about one or two feet above my head and concentrated on that point. The result was, the headaches decreased noteable, but I felt really detached, sick and ill. With some training though, and caution, I've come to believe that there is some sort of additional energy knot, like an additional chakra there. Ever heard of something like that?

Spooky

IP Logged

PhantasyMan

Québec
Reply #5 - Sep 8th, 2007 at 12:12pm

[Betson]

You make me think that it's true that we can harm ourself while trying new stuff.  That why I think it's important to begin with thing teached by experienced peoples and learn from them, learn why it works, how it works and that it's not "magic stick" practice. 

[Spooky]

Interesting.  I have read about those higher chakra... but not a lot, and I don't know if people that wrote about them truly know what they are.

I have 2 hypotheses   about what happen to you.

1- In taoist tradition, it is said that we must keep the energy of our daily emotions (stress, sadness, joy...  not talking about true love) in our second chakra (lower dan tien).  So we have an heavy root to control them and we're able not to get trap with them. 

Normally, when we're are not able to root our emotions, the energy become like boiling water.  More it boil, more the energy become like vapor and affect our higher chakra causing side effect (stomach acidity, heart palpitations, throat pressure, headache ).

So what I think, while you focused on the higher chakra, you opened it, and the energy went in it and caused side effect.  Those you described.

2-  Who focused out side of the head, causing the crown chakra to release the unwanted energy.  It's like vomit energy:  You release unwanted thing, but feel sick because your low in energy after.

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #6 - Sep 8th, 2007 at 9:10pm

Phantasy man,
normally, in my case, fears, worries, concerns and such seem to affect the region in the middle of my body, which is often quite a problem; in the last time I pay much attention to this and don't allow that to happen. I act in two ways: One is an affirmation, like: "Don't be bothered by this. Focus on the here and now.", the other is, to de-center the stuck energy. Sometimes it expands in all ways, but sometimes it's more running in the vertical, feels like it runs right down my legs into the earth, while at the same time my point of awareness is much more focused higher, in the forehead and top of the head area. Sometimes it even feels like energy is discharged through the forehead and top of the head.

I have concerns to use this second chakra method you told of, because I would expect this kind of "bad energy" would just get stuck there, and I have had problems in that area, too, and got rid of it when thinking of circulation/discharging that area. What do you think?

Much thanks for the input!

Spooky

IP Logged

PhantasyMan

Québec
Reply #7 - Sep 9th, 2007 at 1:18pm

Hi Spooky,

Sorry, I think I just poorly expressed my idea.  I wanted to show that when emotions are not solidly rooted, they spread up like vapor to the top of the body. 

Ex.: I hear a gun shot. It would result to me as a strong energy movement to my solar plexus rapidly going up to the body... maybe causing an instant freeze.  This is an extreme example.

But if the second chakra is well developed, and the "emotion awarness" stay there, it would able to"absorb" the shock.  Put a very hot object in a glass of water...  the water temperature change rapidly.  Put it in a lac, its temperature won't really change.

So the idea is not the put back "negative (or boiling ) energy", it's to not create them. 

Quote:
problems in that area, too, and got rid of it when thinking of circulation/discharging that area. What do you think?

Yeah, exactly what we should do.  Btw, if you have good exercise to release energy from the middle of the body, please tell me, I still try to figure how to effectively do it.

I hope my explanations helped!

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #8 - Sep 9th, 2007 at 10:35pm

Yes PhantasyMan, that was a good example with the gunshot, and I understand your explanations. In fact, when I'm meditating, or half-asleep and something suddenly comes on my mind, or I hear a sound, it causes immediately a little shock in my solarplexus area. It's constantly under pressure, or feels like something is stuck in it.

I've tried various methods to ease my solarplexus area. All had success, but only for a little while, and sometimes one works, the other not.
--To imagine to expand the edges of "you" beyond the edges of your body. Sometimes like a stable ball around you (the diameter can vary greatly), sometimes ever-expanding limitless.
--When "expanded", sometimes it helped me to imagine what is inside my expansion is belonging to me, instead to the outside-world; in extreme, to imagine everything is you.
--To imagine to widen the opening in the body middle (that is probably chakra-work); I see-imagine the chakra there as more or less disc- or plate-shaped, and it is quite big, wider than my body. I then widen this chakra, and it's opening largely with the intent to let the disturbing energy out of it, in front direction. The widening action direction is most effective when thinking I would pull this chakra-disc and it's hole with my hands to the left and the right.
--To imagine I was permeable like air, and nothing could touch me
--To imagine my body was empty
--To imagine my legs, and feet would be "open" and the blocking/tensioning energies would run down my legs into the ground
--To imagine the energy flow is always in move, never stopping, running out and in again through the top of the head and the feet.

One time I felt so expanded, like I had encompassed the whole universe, that I felt absolutely relieved and eased, healed of all my pain, not only that, even enlightened to the max, but it lasted only half a day. Heck!!!

Spooky

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #9 - Sep 11th, 2007 at 2:41pm

It is interesting what we can do with our energy. One time I imagined myself psychically reaching down and pulling the energy at the lower end of my body, up to my crown (top of my head) and out.  As a result in a very noticeable way I felt a lot of my energy surrounding my body instead of being inside of my body.  I got my energy back in place, and haven't tried to do this again.

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #10 - Sep 11th, 2007 at 8:26pm

Yes recoverer, reminds me of Chi Gong and Tai Chi- I think these exercises would have an effect even if you'd do it only in your mind, not moving physically.

Spooky

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.