Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Of Daydreams, and Being a New Age Wackadoodle (Read 16848 times)
Rondele
Ex Member

Re: Of Daydreams, and Being a New Age Wackadoodle
Reply #45 - Sep 4th, 2007 at 10:29am

nanner-

I totally agree with your point that we cannot induce the afterlife to contact us.  When or if it chooses to do so, it does so at its own discretion and for its own purposes.

In fact, that's one key reason why I do not agree with Bruce's admonitions for us to keep attempting to contact the afterlife. 
It's really up to the afterlife to contact us if and when it finds it to be helpful or necessary, and not the other way around.

Another reason I don't think it's a good idea to delve into the afterlife is based on a warning from Swedenborg.  He was at the time, and still is even today, one of the world's preeminent afterlife explorer.  And he warned us that there is a tremendous amount of deception in the afterlife, and we have to on guard all the time. 

For example, we think we are contacting a deceased loved one, but we cannot know for certain it really is the person we think it is.  We might get all kinds of so-called "verifications", meaning information that only the deceased loved one would know.  Even that is insufficient, because apparently there are forces in the afterlife that have access to information that we think is private. 

As even Bruce has said, the whole notion of "privacy" simply doesn't exist in the Afterlife.

R

IP Logged

Nanner

Theres only AGAPE

Hamburg, Germany
Reply #46 - Sep 4th, 2007 at 1:48pm

@ Rondele,
Your words give me a lot to think about. We agree on several things, on another count it`s a bit confusing right now in some way. This is where I usually "step back" focus and relax.

Rondele I respect your thoughts on the matter, however one must step back from the entire material and diffus the messages being sent by Moen and co.. okay. Admonitions are "warnings". I find it okay that he warns.

I am in assumption that Bruce is not out here telling people to do playful sèances, as he also warns of that which is carelessly done and he`s probably just as less telling people to contact the deceased for the purpose of sh*t`s and grins  Wink either. I believe (without ever have met him) his purpose is to help eliminate the biased misconception of many in relevance to what the afterlife is all about to begin with, so to help people overcome the centuries over centuries, generational passdown worth of "gossip, manipulated info and ego driven identification with the subject". For his insight I am thankful, as it adds another piece to the puzzle.

There are many medials but very few educated afterlife qualified mediums. Its a learning process. If one can learn to kick the ego, has been given the insight then theres a good chance. Thats where Peter H. Kirchner comes in as well. The non-biased research is very important aspect when ones learning. Experiencers are also needed for others to learn, because those that experience are the pioniers. To me it makes sense, theres leaders, followers and people whom get out of the way. I am trying to find out which one of these I am.

The "Moment in History" for to advance to the next step of evolution and consciousness must be very near, after all, look at what we have learned when merely looking at the past 2000 years of history. Geez, I just took a moment to reflect the different aspects of freedom the poeple of all of this world really have experienced only in the last 62 years.
(Freedom of travel, speech, feeling, thinking, business adventures, food choice, religion, education just to name a few of the basics)
I dont know what country you originate from, but my grandfather had none of the above, as the freedom wasn`t here in germany during his time and alot of people can`t handle being suddenly dropped from governmental dependancy into personal freedom of choice.  

My point is: Humans have to slowly be awakend and explained of what they really are, for the evolution to even be able to take place.  We have one thing working against us: OUR FREAKIN BRAIN! It always trys to interfere with the "little voice inside of us" ergo: our spirit! We have been taught to listen to our "logical brain" instead of our "spiritual being", why: because mankind could put the logical brain in his hands and look at it, disect it, try to rebuild it however mankind is too freaking dumb...ooops, take that back (wanna be nice)... too unconsciously aware to catch a soul! Or do we catch them everyday, and just not notice, because of the barriers our BRAIN sets us.  Wink

EXAMPLE. Our brain tells us: Don`t fall in love and trust another wo(man) like that again, because our brain made the protective connection that the wo(man) nearly killed us in the last relationship, so automatically the "fear" of a new comes about - instinctively" - However our spirit wants us to experience love; rejoice in that experience more and more. And as you can witness a thousand times a day: The spirit always wins that arguement, as we always fall in love over and over again throughout our lives, sometimes with someone new and then sometimes with our long lived "old" partner.

Its all about experiencing Rondele. Swedenborg is also right. Be careful, he says. As one person drives a car 100 miles using sober responsibility, another may drive his car 100 miles drunk! Both feel at the time of driving that they are good drivers. Its the experience of consequence of ones own choice, that makes the difference if one has learned the lesson. Click on the added website and learn all about why you may be having this conversation with me. There are no co-incidences.

I can already tell, you`re my buddy  Wink thank you for being that too! Even if you weren`t I`d love ya anyway Tongue ! I think we got off of the initial thread, and we should apologise to the thread starter for that.
Nanner

IP Logged

Steve_Ed
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Sep 4th, 2007 at 2:59pm

Quote:
In fact, that's one key reason why I do not agree with Bruce's admonitions for us to keep attempting to contact the afterlife. It's really up to the afterlife to contact us if and when it finds it to be helpful or necessary, and not the other way around.

Hence, according to Bruce, many of Bruce's Helpers encourage "looking inward" and using intuition skill.  In other words, the helpers and the F27 types stress that one be their own authority so as to not be a "mindless drone." 

On a side note, according to my dream experience, the bad-hearted spirits I can detect by "bad feelings I get about this one" and I know to steer clear.  Giving up one's power is a no-no if the transaction is parasitic.

The other question is, how do we tell for sure when we are making contact for ego gratification and when we truly do it for the higher good? 

Being a person of integrity, I will stand by my vow to respect you and NOT criticize you as I can not bear causing mental pain to somebody just because my ego wants to start a war over it's need to be right.  Your point is valid in my view because it points us in the direction of self-empowerment so I can not hate it in the end. Cheesy

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #48 - Sep 4th, 2007 at 5:43pm

My feeling is that from the moment we're born we have a natural connection to the beings of love and light who are close to us.  Even if one hasn't tried to make contact with one's friends from the spirit World, one can find clues that one has done so without realizing it. Perhaps one has been sent intuition level messages throughout one's life, or messages through dreams.

After I made conscious contact with my friends from the spirit World, I realized they were there all along.  I don't know when the presence of Christ came into the picture. My feeling is that if he exists in a Gospel of John sense, and/or has something in common with the planning intelligence Bruce made contact with, his presence has always been there. It was just waiting for me to say hello.

Whether one should make contact should be determined on a case by case basis. I believe it would be too stringent to do like some people stated Emanuel Swedenbory suggests, and to conclude that unless you are him, you shouldn't make contact.  To take such an approach is to have no faith in the light.  If one sincerely prays to make contact with divine beings for positive reasons, one should be able to have faith that one can make contact with divine beings.

I was very careful about it. Everything tells me that I am in contact with light beings. My contact with them has helped me immensly.  Occasionally an unfriendly spirit will show up. They are usually easy to recognize. IF I WOULD'VE MADE THE CHOICE TO "NOT" MAKE CONTACT WITH LIGHT BEINGS DUE TO FEAR, I WOULD'VE ALLOWED DARK SPIRITS TO INTIMIDATE ME INTO NOT DOING MY PART TO HELP WITH THE DIVINE CAUSE.  I ALSO WOULD'VE MADE A DECISION THAT STUNTED MY SPIRITUAL GROWTH BIG TIME. I believe it is a big mistake to give them so much power.  They probably love it when we do so. They probably say: "Hee, hee, hee.  That guy has more confidence in us than he does in the light."

« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2007 at 6:52pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

Steve_Ed
Ex Member

Reply #49 - Sep 4th, 2007 at 8:47pm

Quote:
Whether one should make contact should be determined on a case by case basis. I believe it would be too stringent to do like some people stated Emanuel Swedenborg suggests, and to conclude that unless you are him, you shouldn't make contact.  To take such an approach is to have no faith in the light.  If one sincerely prays to make contact with divine beings for positive reasons, one should be able to have faith that one can make contact with divine beings.

That is similar to how I feel.  Like I said, we can cower in our homes in fear that someone is out to take advantage and wrong us, or we can enjoy a nice walk in the park. Smiley

About moving off topic, I see the thread as an ever expanding tree of knowledge;  Even though the branches are growing in their own route and taking their own approaches to Afterlife Knowledge, not one branch or leaf should ever be disrespected and be removed from the whole.  I haven't gotten extensive experience on how inner knowledge works, but I see a metaphor of the branch remembering the trunk that it is connected to.  When I think about it, even though the thread started as a discussion on Daydreams, it has expanded into something even larger and we can use the topic to get to the root of the discussion which is using daydreams as a means of exploring the unseen world and the core which is the nature of the world in whole.

I guess we could say the only thing we will not tolerate is intolerance since this blights the tree.  This is my best phrase I can devise for now for setting a suggestion for the growth of the thread.
Smiley

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #50 - Sep 5th, 2007 at 8:23am

Last night's dream: a neat diagram-like "forum" presence...it was us....was scanning through. All is well; feeling of "almost" perfection, all is in place.

love, blink Smiley

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #51 - Sep 5th, 2007 at 11:53am

Obviously I agree with you Steve. Especially the branch part. I feel like I'm connecting to a bigger part of myself. Not something foreign.

Quote:
Quote:
Whether one should make contact should be determined on a case by case basis. I believe it would be too stringent to do like some people stated Emanuel Swedenborg suggests, and to conclude that unless you are him, you shouldn't make contact.  To take such an approach is to have no faith in the light.  If one sincerely prays to make contact with divine beings for positive reasons, one should be able to have faith that one can make contact with divine beings.

That is similar to how I feel.  Like I said, we can cower in our homes in fear that someone is out to take advantage and wrong us, or we can enjoy a nice walk in the park. Smiley

About moving off topic, I see the thread as an ever expanding tree of knowledge;  Even though the branches are growing in their own route and taking their own approaches to Afterlife Knowledge, not one branch or leaf should ever be disrespected and be removed from the whole.  I haven't gotten extensive experience on how inner knowledge works, but I see a metaphor of the branch remembering the trunk that it is connected to.  When I think about it, even though the thread started as a discussion on Daydreams, it has expanded into something even larger and we can use the topic to get to the root of the discussion which is using daydreams as a means of exploring the unseen world and the core which is the nature of the world in whole.

I guess we could say the only thing we will not tolerate is intolerance since this blights the tree.  This is my best phrase I can devise for now for setting a suggestion for the growth of the thread.
Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.