Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Of Daydreams, and Being a New Age Wackadoodle (Read 16857 times)
hawkeye

Afterlife Knowledge Member

canada
Re: Of Daydreams, and Being a New Age Wackadoodle
Reply #15 - Aug 31st, 2007 at 4:57pm

Rondele, Consider the amount of people who have been saying that the world is coming to an end, or that Christ is returning. Just because we are still manifesting "being here" and that no one is having a conversation on CNN with JC, does not mean that is is not going to, or in fact is not presently about to, or is happening. Christ could well be here already. So when it comes to these strainge things happening on peoples PC's, lights going out, radio interference and the like. I think its for real. Some people just are not ready to except or even notice whats going on. Some people have seen UFO's. I have not, but know their is no reasion for them not to be there. Another example is the miracles portrayed in the bible. Just because only a few were to see does not mean they did not happin. I do like your experiment idea, and I would be willing to be a part of it also.

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Aug 31st, 2007 at 5:02pm

Hi blink and joe ,im willing to be part of it to,i think it is a great idea.

love and God bless  Love juditha

IP Logged

Steve_Ed
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Aug 31st, 2007 at 5:05pm

Alright, I'll leave my Word Processor on tonight as well...

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Aug 31st, 2007 at 5:13pm

Do we want to give spirits one night, or more time to build some momentum here? Do we demand that it happen tonight, or do we give it a week? What is appropriate? Does it matter?

I'm willing to do this every night for a week. I'm actually willing to do this every night for the rest of my life if it actually produces a result.

That might be a logistical nightmare, though.....and it would require the patience of a saint, which I am not.  I will certainly join all of you tonight, and any others later who miss this go around.

love, blink Smiley

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #19 - Aug 31st, 2007 at 6:02pm

Tonight I will meditate on this item, postulating on some communication, with some being who has passed on and that the communication be shaired with me through a manifestation of a electrical sort that I can observe and be awair of when I wake up and look at my PC. I will do this exercise for the long weeend and report any finding back to this thread on Tues.( now if I see my PC in my sleep will that count?)
Joe

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Aug 31st, 2007 at 6:15pm

So, is there anything we are missing? Shall we leave this open-ended? I don't imagine that a photograph from a computer screen is going to convince anyone unless they stood in front of the computer the entire time to know what happened.

Still, if anyone receives a result, whatever it is, a photograph cannot do any harm.

Essentially, this comes down to trust. Do we trust each other? Do we trust the spirit world to make a meaningful connection with us?

love, blink Smiley

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Aug 31st, 2007 at 8:22pm

Okay, I have opened a Word document on a home computer which I restarted. I did not touch the document once it opened. If it fails for some reason, I will make note of it and reopen it if I can. If not, I will open a new document.

My curser is at the ready, as they say. I have spoken out loud to anyone listening in the area of my room. I have said a silent prayer to any and all concerned. I have emphasized that I don't really care what the response is, I just want one, not for my own curiosity's sake, although there would be nothing wrong with that, but for the sake of the unity of the people on this forum. Surely, there must be a spirit out there willing to cooperate, and willing to press at least a few keys on the computer. If it takes a week to get those keys pressed, then so be it.

The thing is, I must not have written it, and it must be something that makes sense to an average human being.

love, blink Smiley

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #22 - Aug 31st, 2007 at 8:53pm

The experiment, while logical has been offered up in various forms by skeptics for centuries, even by the likes of the Amazing Randi, who has never had to pay any psychic or medium 1,000,000 if they could prove contact with the afterlife - none have ever accepted and succeeded.  In fact it is not so easy for the deceased to contact us using conventional physical objects, and on the rare occasions that it happens it is tailored to a specific person and their specific spiritual needs.

Of all the funerals goin on, day after day, how many have paranormal occurrences which are verifiable?   Few to none.  That is how it is; there are spiritual laws, and at this stage (being incarnate on earth), most of us can't explain why verifications are not more commonplace.including

In my next thread, I plan to post on a famous medium of the 20th century, who provided what seemed like perfect verification from a deceased person, actually two deceased people, using a code and words which seemed that only they could have known.  However, it was later found that it all was one of the most well researched and clever frauds of recent history.  Had this fraud never been uncovered, some on this board would have looked on the impressive documented verifications as proof of the afterlife and the medium would have been celebrated as a divinely gifted psychic. 

Matthew

IP Logged

pulsar

Europe
Reply #23 - Aug 31st, 2007 at 9:05pm

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to add something concerning the daydreaming method, Matthew referred to. I also tried to get access to my subconsciousness via daydreaming, just let the thoughts flow, but not with the intend to travel to different realms. I do it mostly for more profane reasons, e.g. when I feel like my mind is overloaded and I am confused, or working on a task and it does not work well and I lose patience or desire to resign, I just switch to this daydreaming mode, in order to calm down, to structure what is buzzing around my brain, so to have the possibility to go on more relaxed, not in a hurry.
One may ask what that has to do with subconsciousness. Well, the subconsciousness is what I would call a section where our innermost feelings, goals and beliefs are "stored".
So for me it works, when I just use this method to remind myself why I am really doing e.g. this task, because I want to, not only need to do so, so reminding myself that it is a part of the puzzle, that, when put together, is what my future (the future I want, not the one that is forced on me) is. That helps to ease exhaustion, and to view this task with more, I call it hypocritically "empathy", not just stubborn chewing.

But I doubt, even if you get some information about the afterlife, that it must be just like the image you got from it. In my former post I talked about this different type of views on heaven that people who had the matching experiences, described.
So if I got it right, according to the general beliefs, one is creating his own reality, right?
So referring to heaven, which is suggested to be a place of salvation, as  the views on how salvation must be like  in the eye of different people are also varying.
I assumed that the feeling that one gets of heaven might be the same, now I refer to some nde's I read  the net, all describe the same kind of feelings, unconditional love, being one with god, feeling of being united with an allknowing consciousness and therefor feeling like the thirst for the biggest question about life being quenched.
If the feeling is the same, might be an approach towards the question wether there is something behind the curtain or not.
The next point is, that researchers tried to gather information on the quantity of such phenomenons, I remember an attempt with 60 patients in near death conditions, only 8 of those really had an nde.
On the background of this, I now tend to ask, how valuble this experiences are, if they were just lack of oxygen or a trip made up in our mind, through biochemical reactions, the brain emitting dmt, that is able to bring across such experiences, a brain lacking oxygen is also able to play "mind trips".
There we have low quantity. So maybe attemps like this might not be the right way to access the ultimate truth. But the dmt thesis is only one explanation, I remeber a patient named Pam, during her surgery she was set "braindead", flat line brainwaves. So might we say the consciousness is there but not necessarily placed in our brain.
But where to search then? Religious teachings sometimes refer to the heart as the place to be for our soul.
So if the brain is not neccessary to emulate conscious feelings... .
These are for sure just some little "facts" from observing, but they seem not to convey about if "it" is real or not.

So I do not want to say that your methods are only a matter of phantasy (phantasy for me, even if I am stuck with my believing in facts, is the highest gift on can get. Imagination, visionary thinking, is not only spiritual bound, I think science would not have been possible, if there haven't been people, with the ability to imagine how to make a the principles in nature "touchable", you know that the models used in physics to explain how the laws, nature is bound to (not in a biological sense) work, it is a concept that was bred in a "visionary" brain. But what makes this laws accessable, is some mathematic approach.
Won't work for the afterlife, but I found an interesting book, you might have heard of Frank J. Tiplers' "The Physics of Immortality", claiming via his omega point theory to be able to verify god by formulas used in physics, I went not through the entire book, but may present it here on the board, when I am through.

So it is logic vs. intuition. One could really say that we just, in order to scientific approach to explain the universe/nature, have dismissed intuition as being just a cave mans device to live by.

The more I think about this, the more I know that I really do not know.

Love,

pulsar
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2007 at 11:45am by pulsar »  

it is determined.

IP Logged

Steve_Ed
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Aug 31st, 2007 at 10:52pm

Name calling, such as dismissing somebody as "Crackpot" seems to me like a way of evading discussion since is dismisses it as not worth discussing.  Why do the existence "crack pots" need to be a strong factor on whether the internet is trustworthy, and why be so fearful that people are out to convert or deceive one? We can stay locked up in our homes fearing that a walk in the park makes up open to murderers and rapists, or we can love the world and consider that we can are in command of our own life, and we do not need to fall victim to a random, cruel world.  In fact, focusing on faults in character tends to make one blind to what is actually of value.

Getting dirty is part of the process of growing.  Remember how Bruce Moen learned about the nature of fear by jumping right into the sticky goo?  Not the wisest decision, but he still learned a lesson regardless of the injury.

The "Us VS Them" trend is one trend I am wishing we can outgrow once and for all.  This fear of individuality, I think, drives various fear machines, like evil governments, war, hatred, etc. 

""
Steve Edward
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2007 at 5:39am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Sep 1st, 2007 at 8:51am

Doc-

Is the fraud story the same one that Don had told us about sometime ago?

Don's story about Leonard, who saw his deceased son reappear to him and actually sat next to him as his son drove his truck....yes, Leonard and his son had a close relationship but so do countless millions of other people who never have an experience that even comes close to Leonard's. 

The real question remains....why are cases like Leonard's so extremely rare?  One thing that bothers me is that there seldom is a witness to the event who can independently verify the story.  The experience seems to be limited to the reappearance of the deceased and the person to whom he/she appears.  That makes verification virtually impossible.

Yes, we can say that Nanner and her deceased friend were very close, and that's why her friend was able to manipulate her computer.  That's probably true, but given that fact, we then have to ask ourselves what existed in that particular relationship that apparently doesn't exist in millions upon millions of other equally close relationships?

I have yet to be convinced that we survive death.  Before I get flamed, let me also say that I'm more than willing to change my mind.  Both my parents have died and I would be immensely comforted if I somehow knew they continue to exist.

R

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #26 - Sep 1st, 2007 at 10:21am

Greetings,

I got nothing, except some strange dreams.

But what that 'prooves' could be that
my afterlife contacts were busy
or reassigned to new incarnations
or not in vital condition enough (too ethereal) to poke at our material instruments,
etc.

WackadoodleBets   Smiley

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Sep 1st, 2007 at 10:30am

Nothing yet, but I'm feeling the vibe, the open door vibe.....it's a good one  Smiley

IP Logged

Steve_Ed
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Sep 1st, 2007 at 12:47pm

I dreamed about my present lifetime being related to redeeming myself for some lifetimes that didn't balance out.  I learn that beside motherly birth, there is at least one other way to be born as well.  I am shown a symbol of a pipe with a body inside of it.  The pipe and body is at a beach.  According to the dream, I think I was "born of the pipe", but I would like to review that dream to clarify.  In addition, I dreamed of my past lives being something like a aged, dark office building (file cabinets, desks, etc.)

Then, I have a daydream about "my central server bank" losing it's cooling system.

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #29 - Sep 1st, 2007 at 9:50pm

It is a well worth step to a better self-understanding, thus world-understanding, to take dreams, daydreams, imaginations, thoughts generally as reality. Only not confuse it with physical reality. Then we can attempt to draw lines between the nonphysical parts of reality and the physical ones. If we don't find those lines (like when we had a retrieval experience, but no verification in the physical) doesn't mean this experience is not real. Better to look what this experience means to us, what it teaches us.

I'm, too, not amused about putting people word-wise into ghettos. That's the mindset to get it started in the physical.

Thanks Matthew for your balancing and clarifying posts.

Spooky

P.S. I wouldn't keep the PC running while sleeping or absent, risk of fire.

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.