Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Some thoughts about believing (Read 18823 times)
LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Some thoughts about believing
Mar 27th, 2007 at 1:14am

Topic: Believing you’re doing it versus fooling yourself..

I kept thinking about what Bruce had said, in his books and maybe here on the forum too. here’s what he said and it works for me...”believing that you are actually doing ...(fill in the blank) is the hardest part of doing it.

this pertains to doing retrievals, or trying to remote view, or talking to your deceased grandmother or self retrieval, you name it..its the same process of getting beyond the doubt that you are capable or doing it, or getting information escapes your conscious mind in the here and now.

If you keep saying to yourself, “I can’t...I’m not capable..I’m not evolved enough...I’m less than so and so...I’m not in my last life...I’m not sensitive..I’m too logical....I’ll never do it...it’s too hard..these others are crazy....blah blah blah..we can talk ourselves right out of a splendid mind journey and actually have something which is experience to post here, to share. its what is real to you that matters, not to consensus agreement.

just try trusting yourself for once. PE is a good way to develop, as u can verify with your partner..allow room for initiatory failure and continue within trust.

if u don’t have a pe partner, ask for one to appear, see if that doesn’t knock your socks off when it happens.

as for the fear of fooling yourself, who here hasn’t played the part of a fool and survived? you get over your failures to stop feeling like an idiot when you’re willing to say let me try again..maybe this time it will work if I can just believe I am capable because I’m willing to try something different.

« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2007 at 3:52am by LaffingRain »  

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

pulsar

Europe
Re: Some thoughts about believing
Reply #1 - Jul 29th, 2007 at 5:28pm

Quote:
If you keep saying to yourself, “I can’t...I’m not capable..I’m not evolved enough...I’m less than so and so...I’m not in my last life...I’m not sensitive..I’m too logical....I’ll never do it...it’s too hard..these others are crazy....blah blah blah..we can talk ourselves right out of a splendid mind journey and actually have something which is experience to post here, to share. its what is real to you that matters, not to consensus agreement.

Hey laffingrain,

At first, I'm so glad that I found the missing link Wink )
you are completely right with saying "you have to believe in doing" sth., e.g. retrievals.
A personal problem that I had after recieving information from beyond (I tried to meet my grandmother who has passed over nearly two month ago, I never felt such an emptiness.... wrote about recieving something from her in the Dream Sharing section) that at the very moment I try to focus on the realms beyond C1, it is very clear and feels so real, on Friday I tried to get some information, got a black screen, then something like a guiding voice and some images of grandma and grandpa (he died before I was born), the message could be summed up like they were united where they are now and feel something I don't know if I can give it the name PUL.

So when I got back to C1, and 5 minutes later the arguing began (it's the same with everything, if it happens in C1 or beyond) wether it was right, true, enough, fictional, a self betrayal. Everytime I get the impression that I only draw an over-romanticised picture of surroudings to comfort myself and to drain my fears, it just feels childish. I have to add (don't be mad at me for this, it was before I tried it) I thought that everything I read about the afterlife was completely insane (might be the reason for being to blind to realize
that the contacts actually happened and that it was for reason and had a message). I got it and i don't believe it because the mind states this happenings as to be too nice to be true. (recoverer postet, that I should have more patience, for the same reasons you mentioned in your post).

Maybe I should at first find ( e.g. my "higher self?") a way to control emotions, before going on a journey to a place like the afterlife to find anyone who has passed over (maybe something like meditation, I had some positive reactions of my mind after meditation)?. Or is it only that I need more appearances, or patience with the things I have received so far (I tried to manage sth. like a retrieval through what I found via google, never read any books about this topic, hopefully there are some copies available at amazon Smiley ). I am open to any method to improve, because I still think I use the wrong method for reaching out, at first meditation, until all my thoughts are not spinning around, and then try to recieve, and when it's over it feels like a betrayal from the subconscious part of the brain.

Maybe you can give me some advices (would be thankful for any advice  Grin).

Love,

pulsar

« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2007 at 7:21pm by pulsar »  

it is determined.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #2 - Jul 29th, 2007 at 6:19pm

pulsar wrote on Jul 29th, 2007 at 5:28pm:
Quote:

Hey laffingrain,

At first, I'm so glad that I found the missing link Wink )
you are completely right with saying "you have to believe in doing" sth., e.g. retrievals.
A personal problem that I had after recieving information from beyond (I tried to meet my grandmother who has passed over nearly two month ago, I never felt such an emptiness.... wrote about recieving something from her in the Dream Sharing section) that at the very moment I try to focus on the realms beyond C1, it is very clear and feels so real, on Friday I tried to get some information, got a black screen, then something like a guiding voice and some images of grandma and grandpa (he died before I was born), the message could be summed up like they were united where they are now and feel something I don't know if I can give it the name PUL.

So when I got back to C1, and 5 minutes later the arguing began (it's the same with everything, if it happens in C1 or beyond) wether it was right, true, enough, fictional, a self betrayal. Everytime I get the impression that I only draw an over-romanticised picture of surroudings to comfort myself and to drain my fears, it just feels childish. I have to add (don't be mad at me for this, it was before I tried it) I thought that everything I read about the afterlife was completely insane (might be the reason for being to blind to realize
that the contacts actually happened and that it was for reason and had a message). I got it and i don't believe it because the mind states this happenings as to be nice to true. (recoverer postet, that I should have more patience, for the same reasons you mentioned in your post).

Maybe I should at first find ( e.g. my "higher self?") a way to control emotions, before going on a journey to a place like the afterlife to find anyone who has passed over (maybe something like meditation, I had some positive reactions of my mind after meditation)?. Or is it only that I need more appearances, or patience with the things I have received so far (I tried to manage sth. like a retrieval through what I found via google, never read any books about this topic, hopefully there are some copies available at amazon Smiley ). I am open to any method to improve, because I still think I use the wrong method for reaching out, at first meditation, until all my thoughts are not spinning around, and then try to recieve, and when it's over it feels like a betrayal from the subconscious part of the brain.

Maybe you can give me some advices (would be thankful for any advice  Grin).

Love,

pulsar

practice makes perfect Pulsar. a suggestion, that u mention the spinning thoughts, we all suffer the spinning thoughts and the thoughts seem to keep us from going deeper and maybe picking up something useful. a meditation technique I found useful is to allow those thoughts, but allow them briefly; pretend the thoughts are guests in your home, and tell each of your guests to sit down and you will discuss things with them shortly, or another description could be to take each spinning thought and put them into a little suitcase (or large!) and you then attend to this suitcase of thoughts later, after the meditation objective, which I assume is to speak with grandmother. you have to be gentle with your guests or your thoughts, so that they do not become offended that you cannot give them audience for the time being.

like if one thought says "you promised you would mash the potatoes by noon."
then the thought may say, I'm reminding you of this. just talk to it, say thank you for reminding me of that, now have a seat and the potatoes can wait until 12:30.

if you do this consistently, you are going deeper where you can hear above the noise of the chattering mind. sometimes several approaches are helpful until pretty soon you can just enter that mind state without so much thoughts, or doubts. the mind of the surface, seems to be like a dog. ever notice how much a dog loves to learn new things from its master? it really wants you to be it's master and lovingly teach it new things.
it wants to do what you say so long as you don't abuse it, or yourself.

thanks for the opportunity, I hope maybe I can help.

IP Logged

pulsar

Europe
Reply #3 - Jul 30th, 2007 at 9:33am

Hey laffingrain,

Thanks a lot for your post Smiley

I never even thought about to see this thoughts as kind of visitors, that want an answer, or just to remind us of our deeds, it is surely better to give each thought an amount of time to settle, a seat, or even his own suitcase. A beatyful discription of how to handle them.
I will try to do it this way.
The biggest doubt I think that will last is accepting that there is some kind of existence of our soul. I don't know it, but when I watched this video on torahorh.com about a woman, called Sa'ada, who tells about her visit to heaven, I consider it more and more as a possibility.
And if this hurdle is taken, it is maybe easier to get along with our everyday lives, not to fear our death too much, maybe it is some kind of destiny for us (but after all, the feeling of not being ceased to exists lasts on and on...). The last time I read about the Dalai Lama, who was in Freiburg for visiting the buddhist community and to give teachings in a public speech about, two sentences stuck in my head: "Death is not avoidable, so I think it is not necessary to worry too much about it", and "Light is the most important aspect of the mind, darkening can not take too long."

Thanks so far, Grin

Love,

pulsar
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2007 at 12:18pm by pulsar »  

it is determined.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #4 - Jul 30th, 2007 at 12:04pm

let us know of your progress Pulsar, maybe someone else will benefit from you here.
you are right when the light enters the mind, the shadows of untruth dissolve. you are an eternal being and once we do transition, we can die without dying in the body, if you can understand, we can die to a fear construct which changes our vibrations so much that we rarely feel fear, which makes it so much easier to enjoy life, without all the fear generated by the collective. meditation becomes the standard way of moving about and through our journey. information can come from any source, both expected and unexpectedly to prove you are eternal.
blessings be

IP Logged

pulsar

Europe
Reply #5 - Aug 5th, 2007 at 6:06pm

Hey,

it is not like a big progress, but I received some kind of offer, like "you'll be guided", someone who introduced himself by the name Patrick.....it is so weird....feels like it gets too big for me...I don't know...but keep on trying.

Love,

pulsar

it is determined.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #6 - Aug 5th, 2007 at 8:00pm

yet my opinion is that at first when we do start to receive such subtle perhaps, messages like what u received our first inclination is to mistrust it. its because it is unusual, we are entering new territory, i did think it was progress for you.
as i use my own comparison value. it is unusual that u have received the name Patrick, as most guides will not divulge a name, this I have seen reported. however, I have no room to talk, I received the name laughingrain for myself the same way u received patrick.

u must have asked for guidance, as i did also some years back. its funny, but the squeaky wheel will get the grease, so, ask and you will receive.
now i suspect there will be more, however, patience to practice, we can only fill up to the measurement of how empty our cup is.
meaning trust and feel deserving, as i can see you must be on a roll, so take advantage of it! love, alysia

IP Logged

pulsar

Europe
Reply #7 - Aug 8th, 2007 at 6:34pm

If i figured it out right, dead preacher and laughing rain are on the same "disc", kind of share(d) the same being and consciousness.
But Patrick is not like a higher self or one that is part of my self, or a person that I might have been before, more of a helper, like a connection between me and the spiritual appearance of my grandma, to use the terminology of the books, that are presented on this board. Scary, if I got it right, helpers mostly appear to those that allready made the transition.

Love,

pulsar

it is determined.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #8 - Aug 10th, 2007 at 3:50am

most people are barely aware of nonphysicals..you seem aware of yours. one thought here is that guides or helpers can send you a thought that you had been searching for, and it seems like you thought of the idea so you claim it as your own, taking credit, so to speak.
which they want you to. they seem to have a rule to stay back and let you walk your walk, talk your talk.

to tell the truth if my disc is all my lives, those personalities wrapped up into one essence, then that makes DP understandable for TMI students, this being is now assimilated by laughing rain, or integrated I should say. I cannot say I channel him or he channels me. having guidance, and giving it a name, a lot of authors choose to write books that way or new age authors do, it helps to give guidance a name in writing about strange experiences of healing, insight, etc. but I have heard voices with how to receive healing, etc. and just may be the case it was DP occassionally. but there was also a woman.
we are not alone in any case as we think we are.

if I were to be able to see too much of any one life, I don't think I could handle it too well and still be the person I am now.

happy exploring Pulsar  btw, I'm re-reading Beyond All Doubt by Bruce now. you might want to dip into that, see what he went thru which is similar to what you're going through with the doubts..it helps to know others go thru similar growth spurts.
also set up a time each day, my suggestion when you decide to meditate and/or explore. If helpers know you are disaplining yourself at a certain time each day, it tends to make them hover to see if you need some aid, or make suggestions in your relaxing techniques.
at any rate, its a life style rather than fast food spirituality, you should give yourself credit you got this far. love, alysia
later....was thinking this morning about being a new consciousness on this Earth. each life is the opportunity to develop a new total person, and that is what I'm doing in a creative meditative sense, apart from what I think I may have been or done which seems all connected anyway as don't really see linear time as reality. certainly seems real enough though, but like I said before all my parts of myself are still living their lives, sometimes stuck there until I retrieve them.

so I'm living in all time state and it can be comfortable or uncomfortable if I get fearful about it. as a new person, I finally figured out what gift I can bring back to the disc, I can bring back a love and respect and compassion for all of humanity. I can feel the things they feel which makes us one.
may not seem like much of a gift to bring back, but everywhere I look I don't see people taking care of each other, so thats my gift this time around as I fill that shoulder to cry on all the time.

then after the tears, thats the important decision time for each. love, alysia
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2007 at 2:21pm by LaffingRain »  

IP Logged

pulsar

Europe
Reply #9 - Aug 12th, 2007 at 4:35pm

Hey alysia,

cannot stop to say thank you for your inspiration Smiley

At least it figured out, that I am at least able to go on journeys into the spiritual plane without fear, that was the point I gave less attention.
I just saw it as a getaway from recent fears, but never saw it as a way to overcome them, so I do not need to wonder that it does not really work, if I do not accept everything that is the I/here, and fears are surely a part of it.
And fast food spirituality is not the key to knowledge, so one has to do it by heart, it is not a game to contact the spiritual world, I think at least I learned to be more responsible with this contacts, waiting for the contact when I am balanced and not in a state, where I just feel it is urgent to get the answers I am searching for right now. It seems like there are times when the ones beyond are ready for a talk and times when they are busy, so I think it is also important not to disturb the happenings over there Smiley (but they have an open ear for problems, sometimes it is like they are trying to say "contact me later, I will have time for you anyway).
As long as I recognize there is too much fear involved when I travel, I sometimes stop the journey, in case not to set  too much negative vibrations free, maybe it scares off some of them.

love,

pulsar
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2007 at 7:49am by pulsar »  

it is determined.

IP Logged

Rob Calkins

Denver
Reply #10 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 11:56am

Just read this thread.  Interesting Pulsar!  It sounds like you're making good progress.  And Alysia makes a great guide or teacher in her own right.  My best - Rob

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #11 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 4:23pm

and I'm glad you're here Rob as I've said before. we all could use a kudo now and then. I hope the fireworks lately around here doesn't bother you too much. the board usually gets back on track sooner or later. love, alysia

IP Logged

pulsar

Europe
Reply #12 - Aug 16th, 2007 at 11:43am

Hey there,

seems for the moment I lost the spiritual branch, for no good reason the process turns backwards....it does not work anymore...

Love,

pulsar

it is determined.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #13 - Aug 16th, 2007 at 1:33pm

pulsar wrote on Aug 16th, 2007 at 11:43am:
Hey there,

seems for the moment I lost the spiritual branch, for no good reason the process turns backwards....it does not work anymore...

Love,

pulsar

take my word for it as I'm more experienced, if years mean anything Smiley you have not lost anything. you're in a lull, assimilation period. thats the reason it feels like you lost something, but that will change. its like two steps forward one step backwards.
another thing about expectations and methods we employ, we expect it to work over and over but as we change we have to find even more methods, in order not to get in a rut..as expectations get in the way of progress. expectations are not the same as setting an intention (for the highest, unknown good)

you're ok. relax. you will get some guidance shortly. love, alysia

IP Logged

pulsar

Europe
Reply #14 - Aug 17th, 2007 at 6:24am

Greetings,

don't worry, I won't give up easily, just needed an answer on that you call lull, assimilation period. because after all I am uncertain about how to put this experiences together to make it a complete picture, to state intentions, not expectations. Time will tell.

"Pure logical thinking cannot yield us any knowledge of the empirical world. All knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it." - Albert Einstein

Love,

pulsar

it is determined.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.