Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
News: Jesus' tomb discovered (Read 8656 times)
betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: News: Jesus' tomb discovered
Reply #15 - Mar 9th, 2007 at 9:54am

Greetings Don,

Your concept of The Pella Connection is very exciting, Don !
Have you checked for websites of researchers who might help promote and develope your idea? Even if these Jerusalem ossuraries do not meet the tests, the DNA would then be on file for other testing and retestings.

You go, guy!   Smiley
If knocking on websites is not your style, I would do some for you next week. Alot of people will answer sincere inquiries. Let me know if you want assistance in spreading your idea.

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Berserk

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: News: Jesus' tomb discovered
Reply #16 - Mar 9th, 2007 at 7:19pm

Betson,

I like your idea.   I have always wondered why archaeologists have not at least explored possible identifications of this Pella coffin.  Many exciting archaeological discoveries are ignored because their POSSIBLE implications cannot be proven.   But DNA testing might accidentally corroborate some intriguing unexpected connections.

There are even a couple of ancient Aramaic letters between Jesus and a Syrian King Abgar. Modern scholars debunk their authenticity, and, I think, rightly so.  But this debunking is based on certain assumptions: e. g. Such letters would be treated as Scripture; Jesus would never say what "His" letter does, etc.  When we pass over, I suspect that some debunked ancient artifacts will prove to have been genuine all along.  I've often wondered whether Jesus or biblical prophets might be eager to help us discover priceless artifacts connected with them, if we'd only learn to tune in to their vibration.  For example, we know that Samarians from the late first century were showing off ploughs reportedly crafted by the carpenter, Jesus of Nazareth, before He began His ministry.   What if some such buried plough were dated to His lifetime?  What if one bore the inscripion--"made by Jesus of Nazareth?"  Finding such a plough seems a more realistic dream than the quest for the Holy Grail.

I'm sure you're familiar with the psychic art of psychometry.  Some psychics are better at, say, holding a ring and revealing information about its owner than others.   Imagine this experiment.  You test the gifts of various alleged psychometrists.  Then you let them handle the Shroud of Turin separately to see what they discern about the man wrapped in it.   These psychometrists would need to be kept spparate to prevent collusion.  But suppose they all disclosed the same improbable and previously unattested facts abut the shroud?

Don

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.