Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Binaural beats software (Read 3050 times)
PhantasyMan

Québec
Binaural beats software
Mar 3rd, 2007 at 2:51pm

Hi

I'm planning to develop my own binaural beats software.  I’ve used Brainwave Generator for many years, but I think it’s a bit out to date and it’s not free.  I have some ideas to improve it.

So…  Anyone here has used that kind of software?   I would like to have your suggestions or ideas.  If you think about nice features, please feel free to write them  Cheesy

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Binaural beats software
Reply #1 - Mar 4th, 2007 at 9:26pm

Hi PhantasyMan,
I haven't used binaural beats software so far, but a multitrack audio program with a sinus wave generator would do it too, wouldn't it? Even with a simple mastering program you could at least create two (stereo) tracks, and there are many for free. Of course you must know the right frequencies. With a multi-track audio program you then could mix the tracks consisting of the binaural tones and masking tracks with pink noise or music or other sounds. I have heard that in Hemi-Sync audio they change from time to time the frequencies (while the frequency difference stays the same) to avoid a saturation-tiredness-effect. As well HemiSync, as far as I know and heard, has more than one binaural beat.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

AH1976

Midlands, UK
Reply #2 - Mar 4th, 2007 at 10:05pm

PhantasyMan wrote on Mar 3rd, 2007 at 2:51pm:
Hi

I'm planning to develop my own binaural beats software.  I’ve used Brainwave Generator for many years, but I think it’s a bit out to date and it’s not free.  I have some ideas to improve it.

So…  Anyone here has used that kind of software?   I would like to have your suggestions or ideas.  If you think about nice features, please feel free to write them  Cheesy

Sorry if i sound a bit thick but what is 'Brainwave Generator' and what purpose does it serve?

IP Logged

EternalEssence

Reply #3 - Mar 5th, 2007 at 11:00am

Senote:

From what I can gather, it is a software package that creates and allows the user to create beats similiar to TMI. Some have success with it, others do not.

E.

The elegance of the final produce belies the chaos of its construction.

IP Logged

PhantasyMan

Québec
Reply #4 - Mar 8th, 2007 at 7:27pm

spooky2 wrote on Mar 4th, 2007 at 9:26pm:
Hi PhantasyMan,

Hemi-Sync audio they change from time to time the frequencies (while the frequency difference stays the same) to avoid a saturation-tiredness-effect. As well HemiSync, as far as I know and heard, has more than one binaural beat.
Spooky

Hey Spooky, what do you know about the saturation effect ?   I heard about that few time, but I didn't find any valuable information about it.

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #5 - Mar 9th, 2007 at 6:20pm

Hi PM, let's say you want to create a HemiSync frequency of 7 Hz; you then would chose two audible frequencies with a difference of 7Hz, let's say 700 Hz for the one, 707 Hz for the other side. Now what I've heard is, in the beginning it can be measured that a brain get's pretty active, responding to the 7Hz; after a while (as far as I remember it can begin after some 10 seconds, maybe 30 seconds) it calms down, as if it's not "interested" anymore. This is the case with many other perceptions also, what stays more or less the same, is "vanishing" into the background. To keep the brain tuned into the desired frequency, you can change the carrier frequencies, so in our example you could change them into, just for example, 1000 Hz and 1007 Hz. Which carrier frequencies to choose, and what role harmonics/chords do play in this whole process, is another question, I don't know much about this. But the carrier-frequencies should not be set too low (under I guess 80 Hz) or too high (above I guess 1000 Hz). (Only my guesses)

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.