Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Crow dream (Read 2264 times)
Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Crow dream
Feb 16th, 2007 at 1:18pm

I love crows, they are the most entertaining, funny, show-off birds, if they see you sometimes they start doing silly things to make you laugh, like they will hang upside down by one leg from a telephone wire, and stare at you...like, please laugh, do ya think I'm funny?

I was sitting quietly one day at a picnic bench near my home and noticed a lot of crows flying around over by the harbour area and all making lots of noise. I got fascinated with them and gazed at them for a long time trying to imagine their language, how they talked, what they might be saying. I listened closely to their talking but could not make out the different sounds. After a while, they noticed I was focussed on them and a few flew over to me and sat on the fence by the benches and watched me thoughtfully. I knew they had become aware I was interested (snooping?).

So you can see I love crows. I don't know a lot about them except a couple things...one amazing thing is, they are called a Murder when their are like, a flock of them, together like that. A Murder of crows. For some reason. The other thing is, they have a clear justice system and social system. When they find food they are supposed to caw loudly before they eat it, some sort of rule they have, got to notify the others, mustn't sneak off and keep it all to yourself. Some rule they have like that.

If they catch a crow breaking some vital rule, they will all encircle the culprit, and spend a long time yelling and discussing loudly what to do about it. It is a trial by jury kind of thing. If they find their fellow crow guilty, they will all jump on the poor thing and peck it to death right then and there. And that's about all I know about crows.
However, as I made my offer on the house I am moving into shortly, and cast the dice once and for all to take this rather uncertain chance in my life right now, I had a dream.

There was a Murder of crows all flying around. Their bodies were of a really dark, beautiful shining blackness. I had been sitting quietly in a small area of winter-bare willow trees peacefully when suddenly the sky from the left erupted in a mass of wings and cawing. The sky filled with them and some flew lower and invaded (from the left) my peaceful little haven where I was sitting. Soon my spot was just loaded with flying crows. Their focus was on me.

Then right in front of me, in a little alcove that suddenly appeared, kind of like one of those little tombs you read about where there are catacombs, places carved out of the cement wall where bodies are lying, and on this little shelf was a dead crow. Only, it wasn't really dead, it was playing at being dead, and the other crows were still all there, only behind the alcove, watching and waiting for this task they had been given, to be over so they could leave.

I knew the dead crow was not really dead somehow, it was enacting a message, perhaps a warning.

He was lying on his side, really collapsed, and his underbelley feathers were mottled grey and very soft and pretty looking. (Crows don't really have that color of underbelly I don't think.) His belly was exposed totally, as in death, unprotected, totally vulnerable, dead. I felt emotionally as I watched him, that I was being given a warning or a very serious message of some kind. I had that feeling.

This dream worried me because the town I am moving to is a town with a lot of bad memories for me. I would never choose to move there, but I have been looking for an investment property to start a real estate reno-and-flip activity, to pass the time in my retirement which I began to feel was really boring. This town is the only place left on Vancouver Island where prices have not skyrocketed already and an investment is still available.

I have family history there which has involved some scary stuff, some of which may still be lingering, and to some extent I am a little afraid for my safety even. But I think that is imaginary on my part. Only the bad family stuff in the past in that town, involved taxi drivers in a somewhat convoluted story. And I don't drive, so I will be using lots of taxis. So I have had to deal firmly with myself over this anxiety. I will be renovating, selling as quick as I can, and back here to this town again I hope, in a few months. That's the plan.

I just felt that this dream was connected to my move. Vee

I LIVE IN THE MIND OF SUMMERTIME, MY INNER SKY IS BLUE AND FULL OF LIGHT.THE RICH, JUICY FRUITS OF MY LIFE ARE RIPE UPON MY INNER SUMMERTIME TREES.I AM THE MIND OF GOD.
IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Re: Crow dream
Reply #1 - Jun 11th, 2009 at 11:40pm

That post went up in 2007, this is now halfway through 2009, and I have sold the house I bought to renovate, just found this dream post again and reading it, I am amazed by the way the universe tried to warn me I was on the wrong path!

I never believed in dreams before, as being portents of the future or warnings, but this one really was, I see that now.

I got into awful financial trouble in this dreaded town with that reno house, it was a mess and I was too novice to know that from the Inspection Report. Here, a year and a half later, I am just almost recovered from the damage it did my life!! From now on, I will live like a quiet retiree and leave the business world to others!!
Well, I learned from re-reading my old posts. Must do that periodically! Vee

I LIVE IN THE MIND OF SUMMERTIME, MY INNER SKY IS BLUE AND FULL OF LIGHT.THE RICH, JUICY FRUITS OF MY LIFE ARE RIPE UPON MY INNER SUMMERTIME TREES.I AM THE MIND OF GOD.
IP Logged

Ally

Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2009 at 3:39pm

Wow, incredible vision about the crows, and warning.

Amazing how when you look back on something after time has passed how much clearer it looks in retrospect. Warning dreams are interesting, and I know I've had many a time or two, but was never really able to interpret them. Tongue 

Best of luck in your situation!  Smiley

IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Reply #3 - Jul 12th, 2009 at 3:53pm

Thank you, Ally. Very nice of you to post, I had forgotten about the crow dream again. Last night I dreamed a complicated dream about a lost little boy (was watching a movie on the women's channel though, that was probably it) and in it I had ayellow handbag which I left at some office earlier in the dream, in a government building, and when I woke up I realized I needed to return to the other government building to get my handbag and possessions before it got lost. So my nice yellow imaginary handbag is floating around out there loaded with money....ho ho. I have to look that up in my dream book and I am holding tight to my purse today!! Don't own a yellow handbag though. Vee

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.