Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dranoon50 asks about OBEs (previous book post) (Read 4244 times)
betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Dranoon50 asks about OBEs (previous book post)
Sep 30th, 2006 at 10:19am

Revived question from 'Dranoon50'

Bruce's 5th book
Feb 26th, 2005, 4:06pm 
Ok, I know this is probably not the place to ask but I would like to know how many of you have tried Bruces 5th book and cd's.  Are they better than the Monroe cd's ?  Do they use Hemi-sync ?   Are any of you having any luck with them?   

I'm sure this question has been asked but I didn't look far enough back to find the answer.  I used to come here daily when Bruce's first book came out and bounced between here and ADC and Monroe.org.    Then I went toward Michael Newton and  some of our Remote Viewing friends for answers.  I have Monroe cd's up to Gateway, Wave 3 but have never had an experience I can claim as an honest obe.  Oh, I have had hunderds of experiences that are questionable and many experiences that I know are true but nothing I can claim as proof.  So I guess I am still looking for the proof I seek.   

I have found Bruce's books to be some of the most informative information coming out of TMI since Bob passed this side of Newtons groundbreaking terrirory in hypnosis. [ not of TMI ]

Soooo, do I spend my hard earned money [ retired and not much coming in ]  on Bruces new book and cd's or shoot for the next level at TMI?   Or some of the other book/ cd's on the market.   

Thanks for listening and Hi Bruce, glad you are still doing well.
Blessings,
John

It takes considerible knowledge just to know the extent of your own ignorence.
    IP Logged
Carl

Re: Bruce's 5th book
Reply #1 - Feb 27th, 2005, 7:25am 
John,
I am currently reading Bruce 5th one; it is not only a great compilation of techniques found in the 4 first books, but he added new ones as well. I also read all Monroe books. I have had some rare OBE's within years but remember that Bruce clearly claimed the he never teaches OBE's, so Monroe and Bruce techniques are not comparable. Monroe: explore and map states of consciousness by projecting your consciousness out of your body. Bruce: kind of the same global goal but has dedicated his work in Retrievals, without OBE's so to speak. One day I was exchanging a brief email correspondence with him because I had a question on one of his books, he humbly admitted that he was not that good as an OBE' traveller. He was more working by projecting his consciousness to some specific areas/states, and from "there" exploring and doing retrievals. Well, that was the way I understood it. And his advice to me was helpful: kind of "Carl, don't bother trying in a rage to perform OBE, just pretend to be there and try to imagine it at first". Very wise, and so I would say Monroe books and Bruce books are not at all comparable, but complementary.
Hope it helps.
Carl

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

spooky2

Re: Dranoon50 asks about OBEs (previous book post)
Reply #1 - Oct 3rd, 2006 at 6:38pm

Bruce's book is very good, I don't have the cds, I 've heard they're good too, they don't have any HemiSync or similar things on it as far as I know.

A little comment on Carl's statement:
>>>Monroe: explore and map states of consciousness by projecting your consciousness out of your body.<<< This is what Monroe did, but after having results from reactions of readers of his first book, and from his research on HemiSync which lead to the TMI programs, he realized that OBEing the way he did is rare and difficult to teach or to induce. Actually, the TMI doesn't state to primarily induce OBEs, and most graduates, as far as I know, don't have a full blown OBE, but do have those experiences Bruce describes in his books, which Monroe called "phasing", only that Monroe was able to de-focus totally away from his physical body which is difficult to do when you're not a natural (strange enough that we do it every time when we sleep and dream).

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #2 - Oct 3rd, 2006 at 11:15pm

Spooky, did TMI ever teach real OBE's ever?  At first maybe? 

I agree that we have them all the time, both waking and sleeping, but the problem is we don't remember them. 

You know how some people say that they don't dream?  That is not true.  The truth is that they just don't remember their dreams.  I believe that OBE's are the same way.  It is not correct to say you don't have them; it is more correct to say that you don't remember them.  I like to suggest to people that they work on programming their minds to remember their OBEs rather than focusing on having one.  It might be a different approach that does the trick.
Smiley

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #3 - Oct 4th, 2006 at 9:04pm

Hi Vicky,

>>>Spooky, did TMI ever teach real OBE's ever?  At first maybe?<<<
I'm not an insider, what I know about this I have from Monroes second book, "Far Journeys", and a bit from R.A. McKnight's first book. Also I've heard a bit from TMI trainers, and from that I guess Bob thought at the beginning there would be a way to teach OBEing (or make them aware) as he did it. After Bob had some HemiSync patterns recorded after developing them with a few volunteers, he started a program which more people involved, the pre-Gateway Voyage. Some had OBE's, most did not, but also those who did not told about very impressive experiences.
From McMoneagles "Mind Trek" I know he had sessions for almost a year where they tried to induce OBEs, which worked a few times, but McM told it was too difficult to have them at will and to control them for his purposes of remote viewing.
About a year ago, or a little more, TMI had issued CDs that were specifically meant to induce OBEs, but since that time I haven't heard anything about it.

From my little (but impressing) OBEs I know now, it's definitely you are in another very material looking body, very similar to the physical, and you're completely "cut off" from your physical body (I mean I had no sensations from my physical body); so this separation is indeed the same thing like when we're dreaming, only that in OBEs there is (in my case at least) waking-state consciousness, in my usual dreams not.
Yes scientists woke people up when they had this REM state and everytime they did those people had dreamt something. Since everybody is supposed to have REM states, the conclusion is everybody dreams. I know people who state they never dream, strange, but also these people, when I ask them, remember at least one dream.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #4 - Oct 10th, 2006 at 10:04pm

Vicky wrote on Oct 3rd, 2006 at 11:15pm:
Spooky, did TMI ever teach real OBE's ever?  At first maybe? 

I agree that we have them all the time, both waking and sleeping, but the problem is we don't remember them. 

You know how some people say that they don't dream?  That is not true.  The truth is that they just don't remember their dreams.  I believe that OBE's are the same way.  It is not correct to say you don't have them; it is more correct to say that you don't remember them.  I like to suggest to people that they work on programming their minds to remember their OBEs rather than focusing on having one.  It might be a different approach that does the trick.
Smiley

I'm in agreement with Vicky to set the intention to remember rather than focusing on having a full blown obe. I think there's a reason a miniority of folks obe at will and have conscious control over the obes. for most of us I think the lucid dream is the best and easiest way to progress into full blown obe if that is the goal. its not my goal anymore as I have projected but I usually have to have a spiritual intention or it just doesn't happen. meaning perhaps a retrieval or a deep question, or something I need an answer to right away for peace of mind. the thing I like about Monroe's phasing and Bruce's go with the imagination is: without the C1 daily imagination, you won't have an obe either, u need the imagination to get u there and that works with the intentions to explore this realm. doing it in the imagination builds up to a projection, especially if you got your emotions going on there and you "need" to know. or say you have a problem thats bugging. this part of the mind allows projection to offer you release from that tension of the negative situation you might be encountering.

for instance, I'm probably getting off topic a bit, but I'll try to get back on; for instance I don't promote any particular method, obe, phasing or imagination or lucid dreaming. to me they are all related phases of our human experience here. but if I had to pick just one method I would certainly say that when Bruce tells us in his books to enter this place of exploration through the imagination, it works, and progress is made if u stick with it. writing it down too. so if he says pretend its real, I can relate to having pretended it was real on purpose, knowing what I was doing, so I didn't lose control in any respect and some surprising experiences would happen this way related to mind projection and meeting others out there, into whose lives I could catch a glimpse if my intention were to deliver helpfulness to them. you can get past the gatekeepers that way, and we all have guides, or gatekeepers protect us from entities who are not offering helpfulness to your well being. as I said you will be let into another person's world by the gatekeepers if you state you are coming to your friend in service to them and really mean it.
thats why retrieval of another is an excellent way to learn to explore our greater reality because of coming from the heart intelligence.
to get back on topic, I would study everything I could get my hands on if I were just starting out, but again, the imagination is a powerful creative doorway into the mystery of ourselves and the way we can project ourselves. even Einstein said "imagination is more important than knowledge"  wow...what a statement! Bruce is saying the same thing if u think about it...

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.