Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Did curiosity kill the cat? (Read 9057 times)
betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Did curiosity kill the cat?
Aug 21st, 2006 at 10:52am

Smiley  Greetings,
After Bruce receives six bolts of PUL and then abit later more PUL through contact with a goddess (p26+ and 56), he seems to have renewed curiosity about revelations in his afterlife explorations and he loses his previous impatience and sometimes aggravation with the requirements of more complicated explorations.
Many of us however grew up with repeated warnings that 'curiosity killed the cat.'
Do you see a relationship between PUL and curiosity?
Do you have ways to increase or encourage your own curiosity?
How do you rate curiosity in relation to other qualities necessary for life?

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Re: Did curiosity kill the cat?
Reply #1 - Aug 22nd, 2006 at 2:35am

Hi Betson, Huh
I was surprised to notice the above as a sequence in Bruce's development---the PUL inducing more curiosity, I mean.  I'd never thought of curiosity as a 'by-product ' of PUL, but it may be--it happened so definitely to Bruce, and then he of course just took it in stride.
Curiosity was probably more highly favored in urban environments. In communities with large farming families, more often kids had to keep to schedules and toe the line, no 'what if's', only duties.
When I go on a retrieval, i never get questions asked because i was raised that much curiosity about other people was considered a rude invasion. Lack of curiosity also hurt my art career, for without it, creativity and risk taking is also hampered.
Since noticing the PUL / curiosity relationship in Bk 3, I've been trying to act on my curiosity---can I get that butterfly to come back over here by sending it PUL and an mental invitation? I try to learn more about my affinities with my base question being 'Why would I be interested in this since it doesn't obviously fit my life situation...?'.
I'm just beginning to nuture and examine it so am not sure what  I'll  find.
Any other ways to get curiosity going would be appreciated!
bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2007 at 3:55am

gosh u posted this in August and here it is April and I'm sorry, I didn't see it I don't think?
_____

some good questions:
Many of us however grew up with repeated warnings that 'curiosity killed the cat.'
_____

you're right, children can be taught to squelch their natural curiosity..this could have an effect in their adult life. maybe there's two levels of curiosity, one is surface questioning and one is furrowed brow contemplating which causes an intention, which in turn causes the astral body to go in search of the satisfaction of the curiosity.
____

_____

I'd have to think on that. not right off hand. they both seem to be motivators though.
again, I see PUL sometimes in a degree by degree thing, but I see curiosity and PUL as energetic compounds, I see PUL as satisfying curiosity totally; at least in the moment or length of period it is experienced.
___

____

I think I'd rather increase a zest for living. lol. sounds like a soap commercial?
____

____

not sure, as for a comparison, I keep trying to see the opposite of curiosity and I don't think there is an opposite...so it could be very important then.
_____
how did lack of curiosity hurt your art career?

btw, thats funny you answered yourself Grin 

risk taking is a good subject to consider in terms of curiosity.

I think I know what you're trying to say but its hard to put in words, that seers or people who "see" things about others, it can seem rude to mention to them, maybe too personal and, you know you have good intentions, and assume others will know this too, but we can't make assumptions in communication that they want what you are trying to give away.
it might be better to be curious when all the senses are active if you are a personable person, meaning, more can be communicated in voice than on pen, less assumptions are made then.

well I'm not sure where we can go with this in relationship to Bruce's experience. ok just reread about PUL awakening curiosity, probably that's like an expansion of mental clarity could be likened to motivation increase, more like a fueling up process perhaps.

love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Country5

ALK Member

Reply #3 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 11:26pm

[font=Lucida Sans][/font][size=12][/size][color=#0000ff][/color]

Curiosity sure has me wondering  to have this one question answered  Please...

The past 12 yrs or so I have always felt  a soul around me.  It is a him.  I have laughed  cried,  new when friends in the living world are coming,  I have seen him in dreams  a half a million times telling me to find him , being in a bar  looking for him, protecting him . an I know i am not crazy when i hear this person/soul...
Maybe in subconscious mind i knew who it was  but never Intel recently   I never could relate the dreams with the soul that hung around me...
threw out the yr i did worry an wonder where he went too. I groom him !!!
last week  something told me to google his name an what came up knocked  the breath right out of me  it was a news clipping stating my friend  was murdered in Texas an it is  him alright..
Talk about connecting the dots  its hard to swelllow that he was done like that  but to know this soul around me is him .. I do know how to go into deep deep connections with him for i have been doing it for YEARS Shocked I have missed him so much...
So my Question is ,

Can they have sex with you ? if so. how would you know????

I will explain after i get some kind of answer

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #4 - May 2nd, 2011 at 2:11am

If you read Robert Monroe's book Journeys out of the Body you might get some sort of answer to your question.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #5 - May 2nd, 2011 at 2:30am

Quote:

Hi Bets

Sometimes un-PUL can stimualte alot of inquiry too, so maybe it is independent.

I don't need any encouragement, in fact I usually irritateother people with it if the situation involves others. I find questions easy to come by.

What kind of life? We can all live like robots and still be technically alive? But too many qurstions can threaten the basics of any culture. That's probably why they aren't always well tolerated.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #6 - May 2nd, 2011 at 6:29am

bets

I'm reading from that book that Beau linked to (Alan Watts) and it occurs to me, with the following quote, that wonder is a form of curiosity, and one that might be better suited to artistic creativity.

Quote:
Wonder,
and its expression in poetry and the arts, are among the most important
things which seem to distinguish men from other animals, and
intelligent and sensitive people from morons.

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #7 - May 3rd, 2011 at 5:36pm

Hi Lucy,

Thanks!  I knew there was a reason I like you --and Alan Watts.
(Wow --this thread is almost five years old!)

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #8 - May 6th, 2011 at 6:10am

Hi bets

there are many ways to be wonder-full!

yes this is a question aging like good wine, but someone else pulled it up first, back in Feb, then disappeared.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.