Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Non-physical senses ---again (Read 9797 times)
betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Non-physical senses ---again
Aug 21st, 2006 at 10:37am

We do not have words for the types of perceiving we do in he Afterlife/ non-material realms. Our physical senses do such a good job in the physical world that we expect hem to work in the non-physical. But hey aren' made for that.
To develope his explorations in the non-physical,
Bruce asks that
     " Whenever I desire to be aware of non-physical energies, they are to be brought to my awareness by whatever ability there is to sense them."
----Why not just say "show me!' Why is how you set your intent so important?
Smiley

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Re: Non-physical senses ---again
Reply #1 - Aug 21st, 2006 at 1:56pm

Setting Intent is always important. I did this years ago so that I would be able to see/sense what I needed to during retrievals. After that it just automatically came whenever I've gone into the non-physical. I don't even think about it anymore when I do a retrieval. It just automatically happens because of my first Intent to see/perceive what I need to according to where I'm going. Wink

Love, Mairlyn

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2007 at 11:06pm

Bruce had to overcome his deeply embedded belief that seeing is believing.  He felt that if he couldn't see in non-physical reality then he wouldn't believe there was anything to perceive.  This belief blocked his perception until he decided that he would allow himself to perceive in whatever manner was available to him. 

I believe that how you set your intent is important because it helps focus your desire and define your expectation.  This is good in the sense that it in turn de-focuses your attention away from everything else, what I call the junk.  But you don't want to create a narrow expectation of your ability to perceive.  Leave that open to any necessary possibility.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #3 - May 17th, 2007 at 4:45pm

betson wrote on Aug 21st, 2006 at 10:37am:
We do not have words for the types of perceiving we do in he Afterlife/ non-material realms. Our physical senses do such a good job in the physical world that we expect hem to work in the non-physical. But hey aren' made for that.
To develope his explorations in the non-physical,
Bruce asks that
     " Whenever I desire to be aware of non-physical energies, they are to be brought to my awareness by whatever ability there is to sense them."
----Why not just say "show me!' Why is how you set your intent so important?
Smiley

thanks Vicky, I knew you could find some words! Wink

We do expect to perceive with the five senses. I believe according to my experiences and the reflection afterwards, that the nonphysical senses are extentions of the physical 5 senses. when Bruce says "brought to my awareness by whatever ability there is"

I think I can interpret his words this way, that he is leaving the show "open" by not utilizing or depending on previous conceptions, expectations how the display will appear, but he just allows for what will come forth. this way of doing it, might be related to an experience he had with Monroe. He came to a TMI program one day, to my recollection and was full of high expectations, which were actually acting to block his otherwise open mind. Monroe perceived him correctly and dashed his expectations so to speak, in order to open him up even beyond his greatest expectations.

The way I see some explorations, in the beginning and even later, is to see pictures unfolding, vague or not, and just "play along" as if I'm actually getting somewhere, a matter of trust for me. trust in myself, trust in the hidden guides.

then upon getting to the locations set by desire and intention, I do find some of my physical senses could be involved, especially if I make sure that is a part of the intention as well, and then the experience tends to produce it's own personal verifications, or inner knowings.
love, alysia

ps. sorry it take me so long to find you here dear Bets!

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #4 - Jun 26th, 2007 at 10:36am

That's fine Alysia, to bring this up again!  Cheesy
It's part of the timeless universe , with alittle help from the www,
that we can carry on a conversation with breaks of almost a year or so!  Fun!

What started this thread was Bruce saying/writing
"Whenever I desire to be aware of non-physical
energies, they are to be brought to my awareness
by whatever ability there is to sense them".

And in these last months I've experienced more of what you--Alysia, Vicky, and Mair,  are talking about. Today, reading your responses, I think I understand that it's OK not to see details or even a flow of images, because when I set my intent firmly, I'm getting enough info to have the situation 'brought to my awareness.'

So I guess I've wasted alot of time envying Kurt Leland for all the images he reports in 'Otherwhere."   Cheesy

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #5 - Jun 26th, 2007 at 2:21pm

well you're a fine energy moderator here no matter that u think you're coming up short, when you compare Lelands stuff he got...he is a word person anyway..some of us are better with expressing what other's can't, the way I see it. Smiley and I so appreciate his book and others.

Bets said:  What started this thread was Bruce saying/writing 
"Whenever I desire to be aware of non-physical 
energies, they are to be brought to my awareness
by whatever ability there is to sense them".
_____

exactly some good words. Bruce leaves it up to us again to gleam what we can, find whatever means or ability to sense and gain understanding in these areas. Bruce is the best teacher I've ever found because he always thrusts me into my own journey by saying something totally vague.... Grin   (then other times in his books, it hits me between the  eyes, so theres 2 sides to everything)
_____

as far as we just glimpse parts of the picture of our own journeys, its like that over here too Bets...I get frustrated when I know I'm obe, or lucidly "there" and get I'm fed but a tidbit of whats in store for me. yet we can deal with the frustration of receiving just a glimpse by relaxing and just giving thanks we even got that little bit of info, or feeling, or experience.

somehow what I plugged into insofar as gratitude, that it causes greater insight into our explorations by opening us up to accepting ourselves the way we are, whatever part of the path we are stepping on.
the day I accepted your advent here on this board was a day of gratitude, even if I don't tell you much, everyone here is special to me for their open search, which is what we all are doing.
Sometimes my affirmation is "be still and know that I am god." or to put it another way Be still and know you are already in possession of all your knowledge.

hugs! bring on the shift! we're there and don't know it! haha! Smiley

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.