Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A link/report on the focus levels (Read 7093 times)
LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
A link/report on the focus levels
Aug 3rd, 2006 at 2:18pm

If anyone wants a clear report on Monroe's focus levels, a description from an explorer from a purely sharing intent, you simply must read this article:
http://www.explorations-in-consciousness.com/forums/index.php?topic=83.0
the forum is called Explorations in Consciousness if you want to check it out.   I'm posting the article with permission from Ashes, the administrator/author.  I really enjoyed reading it, but I have to read the rest as I go into a really slowed down mental when I read...makes reading difficult!! (maybe I need to read more and talk less? Cheesy
_____

Focus 10: Mind Awake/Body Asleep
Focus 12: A state of expanded awareness
Focus 15: State of no time
Focus 21: The edge of time/space where it is possible to contact other energy systems.

It is important to realize these focus levels are merely arbitrary numbers and signposts to identify the state of consciousness one is in. In case you're wondering, there is no focus 14 or focus 16. However, beyond focus 21, several other focus levels have been identified further removed from the physical, and which involve among other systems the perception of belief system territories (" astral planes"). Thus, The Gateway Experience is meant as a platform from which to explore further on your own. For more information, I suggest you visit the website at the Monroe Institute at www.monroeinstitute.org.

Purpose of the current paper
So what is the purpose of this paper? While exploring the focus 10 state I found there was surprisingly little information as to what this state entails. Do a search on the Internet and you won't get much further than "body asleep/mind awake" to describe this state. This is in itself not a bad thing, and the Monroe Institute is not in favor of sharply delineating the focus levels by stating in detail what is, and especially what is not possible in a particular focus state. Rather, the message of the Monroe Institute is that they would encourage you to trust your process as you progress through the focus levels.

However, I do think that some knowledge and ideas as to what focus 10 entails can be of help for some people if that information is presented such a way that it will facilitate the person to trust their experience rather than doubt it. Also, to have some idea of what to expect can help ease some fears, and in some cases, put an individual in the proper frame of mind as to how to approach the focus states. Lastly, there are those for whom the hemi-sync tapes have had no effect. This is not uncommon, and I hope that any lack of success with the tapes will at least in part be rectified somewhat with this paper. To illustrate these points, and part of the reason of why I was inspired to write this paper, the following quote from a person on the now defunct TMI-voyagers mailing list (From Leva, 1998, p. 165):

"I'm starting to feel like these tapes work for 99.99% of the population and I'm that 0.1% who stand outside watching the rollercoaster go by and seeing how much fun the people on it are having…so why am I posting? I guess it is to ask if there are any other people on the list who have had similar experiences/frustrations, and how do they solve them, or at least worked around them? Also what does Focus 10 FEEL like? It's described as "Mind Awake/Body Asleep', but what does this MEAN? Does the body feel numb, do you feel ANYTHING at all, is it something like when you sleep on your arm and can't move it afterwards due to lack of circulation, does it feel the way it feels when you are asleep, or what? Newbies, old-timers, your comments would be appreciated."-Fred Albrecht
_____

more tomorrow

« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2006 at 2:24pm by LaffingRain »  

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Re: A link/report on the focus levels
Reply #1 - Aug 3rd, 2006 at 2:29pm

Great Alysia.  And the name Fred Albrecht sounds very familiar to me, probably from a list I'm on.

Love,Mairlyn

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #2 - Aug 3rd, 2006 at 3:11pm

I'm kind of excited Mair as I did not pay attention to the focus levels and now I get an idea why I was avoiding studying them because no one talked about them much here but I can now begin to check which level I might be in by comparing to various explorations of the past..ok, here I go! hugs, alysia

IP Logged

black_panther

Melbourne
Reply #3 - Aug 4th, 2006 at 9:37am

Alysia

This sounds very interesting.  Have you managed to find the link for the forum?

Love
Irene

"Trusting that our lives are divinely guided gives us the courage to surrender our will and have faith that all is happening as it should"&&&&Cheryl Richardson
black+panther  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #4 - Aug 4th, 2006 at 2:25pm

hey Irene, the forum is back up today, heres the complete article: http://www.explorations-in-consciousness.com/forums/index.php?topic=83.0

IP Logged

black_panther

Melbourne
Reply #5 - Aug 6th, 2006 at 7:54am

Hi Alysia

Thanks for that link.  I've bookmarked it - I've just been reading and printing out information and it all looks very very good. 

With Love
Irene

"Trusting that our lives are divinely guided gives us the courage to surrender our will and have faith that all is happening as it should"&&&&Cheryl Richardson
black+panther  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.