Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
My first classic OBE (Read 9614 times)
chilipepperflea

Red Hot Chili Pepper Fan!

England
Re: My first classic OBE
Reply #15 - Jul 10th, 2006 at 2:46pm

Hey,

I think Alysia hit it right on the nail there but just wanted to add about getting stuck, theres no chance, usually at first it wont last long as its new and your not sure how to control it so you will find your self back in your body way too soon than you wanted! But all you have to do is think of returning to the physical or concentrating on moving a physical part and this will snap you back.

Like I said though, when you make it and experience it you will be enjoying it and it will be new  and exciting so much you will probly have to be forced back rather than choose too! And as far as everything i have read, heard, understand and experienced you can't just stay out there for a couple of weeks for example then return, even though i think i probly would if i could lol, your always brought back.

Ryan

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #16 - Jul 10th, 2006 at 3:26pm

might add a little more about these kinds of trips...they always came involuntarily..had no control whatsoever..but Monroe learned how and a few other authors have them frequently, basically under their control....the reason is because involuntary behavior exists in the subconscious and we're on a mission more or less to make knowledge come into our conscious mind, at least on this forum; that seems to be the case I hope!

moving right along Cheesy  I was gonna offer a clue how it works with me. retrievals are a way to explore the afterlife. I never did an involuntary retrieval what there wasn't an intention behind it to be of service to someone else if I could. this means practicing to find out what PUL energy is and that is part of the retrieval experience. it doesn't have to be a bonafide retrieval to explore either...it can be a desire to help someone only, thats a lessor degree of that thing called PUL, but its in all of us I'm sure.

happy exploring!! whoooo whoooo!!!!! Smiley

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #17 - Jul 10th, 2006 at 6:45pm

Hi Alysia, I think I'm not far away from your philosophy. I like the image of "signing up" for an earth trip. The challenge is that things happen that are new, which you can't remember the plan of and the outcome. Well, that's just the characteristic of being a human!
Thanks for your description of your OBEs.

Ryan, I thought Monroes second body was the one with which he traveled in locale one, his etheric body. It's a while back I read it. I once saw (or imaginated, you know these mind journey perception is not as direct as the OBE-perception) my physical body lying on the bed, and another one of me, must have been this second body was sitting on on my bed.

Betson, a similar thing came into my mind recently, that possibly with getting older we can distinct better our different dimensional aspects and levels, in childhood everything is pretty much together and with age it gets more loosened, or it is just a learning process which enhances the ability to differentiate the different sorts of bodies/energies/levels.

Jean, interesting things, I too wonder where we're going to and what we all do simultaneously to our here and now existence. This Doppelgänger coincidence might be a fingerpoint to remember it, that it is somehow important for you.

James, I think reading about OBEs can be very helpful. It takes away fear when you read about those people who maybe have weird experiences, but finally they made it all back! And see, if I haven't read about OBEs before, I either hadn't one at all, or I hadn't experimented in this state, and therefore not identified and remembered it.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #18 - Jul 11th, 2006 at 3:13pm

Alysia said:
".... behind the image lies a pattern of connecting points; a memory in other words which can produce the manifestation of the wholeness pattern."  So even if the pattern is tattered and torn, it can be seen and redone in its ideal form. A L ---
Wow, alysia! That sounds somehow like a truth that applies to all layers of reality! It sounds true for our bodies, for our planet, the whole universal plan, that whetever we're doing to it, the connecting points are still there and will re-establish the rightness of it all.  How do you come up with this stuff ?  Shocked

I must say I like it much better than spooky's comment about loosened layers getting looser as we age! I took that personally for some reason spooky  Angry although I don't recall telling anyone my age except for one guy I wanted to know that my concern was maternal.  Smiley  Just kidding, spooky, I learn from everything you say, you know!

Many thanks! Wonderful thread!
bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #19 - Jul 11th, 2006 at 3:40pm

Hi Bets Cheesy  I got that information from The Path, by Cozzolini. he talks a lot about the afterlife "layers" of consciousness. he said when making this negative from the torn photo corner that they keep "layering" the negative to get the pattern whole, each layer is a new layer but the original is under the new. you know like when you take two pictures as in double exposure? what I was picturing is invisible properties to the naked eye, but the pattern is there with technology to recreate. its sort of also like saying energy does not die, and we are energy patterns the same that don't die. if I can find that paragraph where he talks about the negative holds the pattern I will post it up. Bill does not mind I share his words here. he has a website. lol. he calls all of us Skyheros!!! yeaaaahhhh!!!! fly baby fly!! splat.  Smiley

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

dwdream2

St Petersburg Florida
Reply #20 - Jul 11th, 2006 at 5:56pm

Real nice experience Spooky 2. I hope its the beginning for many more to come. You will expanding many ways conciousnly. Did you feel out of sync at all later with the physical world?

Doug

Through the portals of the mind are doors to the universe, Through the consciousness of the soul are the doorways to the impossible, leaping beyond time and space. Infinite universes to explore.&&

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #21 - Jul 11th, 2006 at 8:56pm

Hi Doug,
well after this I was focused on re-thinking and remembering it all again and again, sort of digesting. You know I seem to be a bit spacey anyway, things that are easy and normal for other people I find difficult to do, and in reverse.
Spooky

IP Logged

Reborn

Reply #22 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 4:51am

spooky2 wrote on Jul 7th, 2006 at 7:32pm:
I was lying (on my right side) on the bed in my hotel room, looked against the wall. No furniture, no pictures, an old wallpaper with a faded pattern. I was becoming to feel strange here. I didn't remember why I was here, nor where I was exactly (I still knew all that has happened in this dream, but that was not much). I closed my eyes, and when I opened them again, I was in my own bedroom in my appartment, lying on my own bed, looking over my room with it's many things inside. I was relieved, "I've already guessed that it was just a dream, everything's allright." I closed my eyes, opened them again and I was back in the hotel room! I was so scared, the reality had broken down! I for sure was going insane! I did it again, and the same happened. (Please note that I was convinced that this was NOT a dream!) Then something even more odd happened: With my left eye I saw my own room and with the right eye I saw the hotel room! I concentrated on my left eye and made the right eyes' view somehow fading away. I saw clearly my own familiar room.

That must have been quite a scary experience.  Its like realising that you are living two lifes all at once!  Amazing

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 12:50pm

Smiley Hi Spooky. Missed your original post, but that's quite an experience. Never know, maybe more of us will get the hang of it eventually....

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #24 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 8:51pm

Reborn: Yes, the scariest part was the swapping of realities, as I believed I was in physical reality; when I had that dual view, at least there was a gain in stability. But thereafter, the experimenting part in my bedroom was quite good!

Vajra: I still haven't got the hang of it. It just happened, and after it I had 2 less intense OBEs. The problem I have is the usual one: To relax to a level where you don't feel your body anymore while staying calm-conscious. Interestingly, as far as I know, the dream state normally occurs when the body is relatively active. When I had the above OBE, my body was deeply asleep, so that it was actually real hard work to wake my body up. Most pros though encourage us to practice, and with practice everyone could have success, so they say.

Spooky

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #25 - Jul 25th, 2008 at 5:03am

Spooky,

Very profound very deep and interesting. I will not spoil it be saying I have had similar experiences, but I can resonate with the frustration of forgetting some of the interresting aspects of your decidely classical OBE.

Regards

Alan

I will be away for a while I have to have an op on both my eyes

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Jul 25th, 2008 at 5:50am

Could be Spooky that what you said about deep sleep or relaxation is significant too. My experience is very limited - I popped into awareness  floating under the roof of the high entrance hall in the hotel at a Euro Gateway programme. But once only, and I clicked out after perhaps 15sec.

That experience had the feeling you describe - absolute reality, from within my 'body'. It caught me by surprise, and I instinctively tried to push myself away from a wall with my foot. As opposed to being aware of my body from a third party perspective, or feeling like I was dreaming.

Since then I've not had much success. My sleeping has been disrupted by allergy issues (restricted breathing) and snoring, and life has been a bit edgy. I waken very easily and am often tired, and have a sense that part of the issue is just that I'm not accessing the sort of brain states states I was previously.

My thought is that it's probably a question of learning to place our awareness in  whichever body or reality - going far beyond the physical. That altered states of consciousness amount to whatever it is of mind that gives the feeling of  awareness has this ability to make almost anywhere or anything it's vantage point. Including no space, no time realms.

It's probably not an issue for the more experienced who seem to be able to do it from all sorts of life situations....

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.