Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Monroe's Exploration Affirmation (Read 9145 times)
betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Monroe's Exploration Affirmation
Jun 24th, 2006 at 11:16am

Greetings,
Previously on these boards someone wrote out Robert Monroe's Exploration 27 Affirmation. Bruce has it also as part of the dedication of his third book.  It shows the point of view these men have in their explorations.....

" I am much more than my physical body.  Because I can perceive that which is greater than physical matter reality, it is my intent through these explorations to contribute to the expansion of human consciousness by experiencing and acquiriing knowledge of the realms beyond ordinary consciousness.  It is my intent to observe and bring into Conscious Awareness the process of bridging these realities.

In so doing I ask for help to be open, alowing, and serene in perceiving clearly, responding appropriately, and carrying out my intent of service.

I carry out this intent empowered by the group energy of companion travelers and by the acknowledgement of our Oneness in Love.  For this I am truly grateful."

Robert Monroe

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Re: Monroe's Exploration Affirmation
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2006 at 1:07pm

Hi Betsi,

Yes, there are affirmations for each of the programs. They 'set the stage' so to speak. Going by memory, the affirmation for Gateway Voyage is:

I am more than my physical body. Because I am more than physical matter, I can perceive that which is greater than the physical world. Therefore I deeply desire to Expand, to Experience; to Know, to Understand; to Control, to Use such greater energies and energy systems as may be beneficial and constructive to me and to those who follow me.

Also, I deeply desire the help and coopration, the assistance, the understanding of those individuals whose wisdom, development and experience are equal to or greater than my own. I ask their guidance and protection from any influence or any source that might provide me with less than my stated desires.

By using this affirmation, which I still use, this sets one's Intent, asks for help from those more knowledgeable and asks for protection.

With Love,
Mairlyn Wink

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

chilipepperflea

Red Hot Chili Pepper Fan!

England
Reply #2 - Jun 24th, 2006 at 2:47pm

Hey!

I didn't relise there was a book section now! I have just about finished Robert Monroes first book, finally made it through and wow I love it, can't wait for the second book which i am have got beside me now ready to get cracking into! Wish i had read these sooner.

Just wondering R. Monroe talks about his best method for inducing OBE's is the coutdown method, but i can't remember reading about it, what it is and how do you do it? The closest thing I can think which it might be is where you start from one and count upwards visulizing each number focusing your concentration allowing yourself to enter a deep relax state ready to go OBE. Just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction on this please?

Cheers,
Ryan

IP Logged

Ricardo

Spiritualist, Astral Traveler

Chattanooga, Tn
Reply #3 - Jun 25th, 2006 at 4:18pm

Cheers Ryan, good to see you, I really enjoyed all the R Monroe books, in fact most I have read several times now. In fact I have one here at my feet, Journeys out of the Body...circa 77 on this copy here..it came out in '71 the first edition. I guess you could say he was my springboard that I made my first jump from into the realm of knowledge about the afterlife, then of course this led to Bruce's books, read 4 of those and have the last one lying here now...gotta get on it some day, just have others seem to be calling me right now..LOL
How are things with you...?? Have you read all 4 of Bruces yet?
To answer your question will have to research which book he did the countdown thing...I will look tho and get back to ya on this.
I have trouble navigating this forum since he changed it...I also lost my Junior status..not a biggie tho.

Love, The Ricardo
Smiley Cool

When you unite with me you are uniting without the ego, because I have renounced the ego in myself and therefore cannot unite with yours. Our union is therefore the way to renounce the ego in you.&&&&THE DISAPPEARANCE OF THE UNIVERSE
IP Logged

Ricardo

Chattanooga, Tn
Reply #4 - Jun 25th, 2006 at 4:32pm

Wink UndecidedRyan I just looked in the first book, not there, he is talking about reaching the vibration state but no countdown so this was in a later book, maybe the second one of his, I don't have it here so will have to look for it, Mair may have it handy and look it up...

Love, Ricardo

When you unite with me you are uniting without the ego, because I have renounced the ego in myself and therefore cannot unite with yours. Our union is therefore the way to renounce the ego in you.&&&&THE DISAPPEARANCE OF THE UNIVERSE
IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #5 - Jun 26th, 2006 at 12:56pm

Ryan, where did you read about the countdown method?  Was it in this book?  I'm trying to remember and don't seem to remember that. (Ricardo, I don't know everything LOL)  I first read RAM's first book in the early '90's and it was the first I'd heard of OBE's. I remember thinking that I didn't want to do it as it sounded too scary. Then when I reread it after reading Bruce's first 3 books, I wanted to but never have been able to go OBE consciously although I know we do every night while sleeping.  I have experienced the paralyzed state on coming back one morning when I woke up a couple years ago so I knew what it was and didn't panic, except that I felt like I couldn't breathe and being an asthmatic, it did sort of not scare me, but made me realize that I'd soon be able to breathe. Wink

Love, Mairlyn Wink

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

chilipepperflea

Red Hot Chili Pepper Fan!

England
Reply #6 - Jun 26th, 2006 at 3:15pm

Hey Guys!

Thanks for the replies and good to talk to you both again, I am back now and ready to continue exploring. I will have to look again Marilyn but I'm sure near the end Robert Monroe says he used the countdown method in one of his experiences which he found best for awake induced OBE's. That was the first book as I've only just finally got round to reading it.

I'm really good thanks, how about you Ricardo? I haven't read all of Bruce's yet, Ive read the first 2 but want to read all of Monroe's then read Bruces again, I can't wait to get through them all. I also got the Afterlife Knowledge Guidebook which have only done a couple of exercises so will be doing that afterwards as well, can't wait to see the results. Have you got this? Did you find it helpful?

Hope everything is going well with you both, speak to you soon!

Ryan

IP Logged

Ricardo

Chattanooga, Tn
Reply #7 - Jun 26th, 2006 at 5:24pm

Yes I have Bruces Book 5, just haven't started on it yet, I keep going back and re-reading his
Curosity...which is #4 I think...I have read it now three times for sure. So I have read all 4 of the first 4 and got the fifth lying here at my feet...but I have about 3 books going now at once, its weird how I start on so many at one time..then switch to another!?

If you think the countdown method is in Monroes first book I will go and find it, I remember reading it, just not sure where now...But the only one of his I  have handy is his first one, Journeys ou ot the Body...I just noticed it was listed as "Psychology" on rear cover...how true.
I was thumbing thru it looking for countdown method, I couldn't find it so far, will look some more tho.

later, love, Ricardo

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.