Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Baby (Read 3152 times)
Cosmic_Ambitions

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Baby
May 23rd, 2006 at 1:14am

I had a dream yesterday that my brother had a baby girl, and that I was an uncle... (In my dream, I'm not sure that my brother was "prepared" to take on the responsibilities of fatherhood, for he looked scared to me...)

Well, I got to work today, and one of my co-workers was on the phone with his sister. After hanging up the phone he proudly announced that he was an uncle to his sister's baby girl...

I was wondering if dreams can be related to future events in such a way as to not neccessarily be 100% accurate with respect to the dream, but rather the general consensus of the dream. For instance, was my dream just the result of tapping into this future event, then relating it to something familiar to me (i.e. I was the uncle and my brother was the Dad... But, in real life I was probably just tapping into my co-worker's personal life)? ???

PUL,
Cosmic_Ambitions

Would there be this eternal seeking if the found existed?~Antonio Porchia&&Before enlightenment-chop wood, carry water.  After enlightenment-chop wood, carry water.~Zen Buddhist Proverb&&And remember, no matter where you go, there you are.~Confucius

IP Logged

Cathy_B

South Australia
Re: Baby
Reply #1 - May 23rd, 2006 at 5:15am

I have dreams that can be very specific about future events or more symbolic
eg
Dreamt that Mum Dad and I were standing down the road and Dad turned to me and said "this is really important, I want you to know that I am dying".
I knew he was ill, but as it transpired he was later diagnosed with Coeliac disease which means the food he was eating and irritating his bowel and he was literally dying from malnutrition.
On the other hand I dremat 6 weeks before it happened, about the trapped miners in tasmania.
In my dream I watched as the mine collapsed in front of me. I saw about a dozen men walk free, 1 was dead and 2 were trapped. After a prolonged time the 2 trapped ones were rescued. I was told it was a gold mine. the only thing I had no clue of the location, as in the dream it was in a diferent area. ( an area mined in the past for gold)
Have to say I was amazed when the event took place even though I just "know" when it is a premonition. One thing though as we waited for them to be rescued in real life, I was confused about the dozen or so miners who got out at the beginning, I didn't find out until the guys were rescued that there was about 15 other guys down there at the same time, they all walked free.
So somtimes it is really spot on, or sometimes its more symbolic

Hold fast to dreams&&For if dreams die&&Life is a broken-winged bird&&That cannot fly. &&&&Langston Hughes

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #2 - May 23rd, 2006 at 7:05pm

I think there are different ways to look at precognitive dreams.  One is, you may be dreaming about information about a person as a result of having met them in the non-physical and you brought that information back to your conscious state in the form of a dream as a way for you to remember or have "proof" of your contact.

Another way is you tap into one of your own future experiences, and the dream is the result based on your emotional response to that experience. 

Another explanation would be picking up information of someone else's thoughts or emotional state, thus you aren't dreaming of an actual real event that will take place.  I find this to be the most common form of precognitive dreaming, at least in my experience.  I think that may be because emotions are much more powerful than we think.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Cosmic_Ambitions

Reply #3 - May 23rd, 2006 at 11:33pm

Thanks Cathy & Vicky.

Hey Vicky, I liked your idea about how dreams are the result based on your emotional response to that experience... Sometimes it seems to me that the "emotional" aspects of dreams can be equal to or more important than the actual dream in and of itself. I tend to always remember the emotional state that I was in during a dream. However, usually the emotions that I feel during a dream are not congruent with how I would expect to react to that same situation if say it were to happen in "real" waking life. In fact, some emotions that I feel during the dream state are unlike any of the emotions that I experience during my waking hours. My dream emotions are usually far more intense.

PUL,
Cosmic_Ambitions

Would there be this eternal seeking if the found existed?~Antonio Porchia&&Before enlightenment-chop wood, carry water.  After enlightenment-chop wood, carry water.~Zen Buddhist Proverb&&And remember, no matter where you go, there you are.~Confucius

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #4 - May 24th, 2006 at 7:34pm

Hi Cosmic Ambitions,
last year I had a dream: At my parent's house there was a helicopter flying over the house and it was coming down! I grabbed my father and ran away with him, then turned and looked. The helicopter had crashed on our backyard's lawn. No one heavy injured.

The next day I was sitting in my kitchen in my appartment (other town than my parent's), and it came on the radio that a helicopter, standing on the water of our bay here (with those water-landing "feet") has turned around and sunken while boarding guests for a fly. One or two injured.

So, what was it? It's more than a coincidence by random, since I dream not everyday of helicopters, and they sink not everyday in my hometown. The dream wasn't exact. But this is usual. It's still information which is obvious connectable (my parents house where I lived many years can be transformed to my actual hometown now). So, it happens, and not only in dreams.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Cosmic_Ambitions

Reply #5 - May 25th, 2006 at 3:06am

Thanks spooky, your dream helps to confirm my notion that these types of dreams are more than mere "coincidence". Like you said, it's not everyday that you dream about helicopters, let alone have one crash in your hometown right after you dream about them. It's like dreaming that you just went to Disneyland, only to have your friend/mother/brother call up and say, "I'm planning a trip to go to Disneyland. If you run the numbers statistically speaking, it's astronomical. Might as well pull the winning lottery ticket as far as I'm concerned...

Thanks again for sharing spooky. It's most appreciated. Smiley

PUL,
Cosmic_Ambitions

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.