Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: Insult & farewell note (Read 6584 times)
mattb1000

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Insult & farewell note
Mar 30th, 2006 at 11:28am

If you leave because of the views of one person that would be a shame.

If you are bothered by how the admin has treated you then that is a shame as well.

It is hard to know exactly how the admin handle moderation. I will freely admit here that I emailed them asking for the removal of one of Ryan Paris's thread as, through my eyes, it was glorifying and implicitly cheapening the concept of racial hatred. Something that I fail to see is appropriate on a board that should be based on spiritual understanding.

However, my email was ignored and so I can understand your frustration on being let down.

If you do leave understand that it will be a shame to lose your input on the board. It is also a pity that you feel let down and upset by some community members and the admin.

The Road goes ever on and on&& Down from the door where it began....&&Where many paths and errands meet.&& And whither then? I cannot say.&&&&&&

IP Logged

Cricket

Reply #1 - Mar 30th, 2006 at 7:05pm

I'm a bit bemused about why you let Chumley insult you...I mean, I have nothing against him and all, but he isn't anyone of importance to me either...it is not possible for him to insult me.  Being insulted by him is entirely a choice.  Now, (and I missed the post(s) in question, so this is hypothetical) I could be aware that he was being rude, if that was the case, but he can't insult me.  That is a choice.  Ignore him or have fun sparring with him, but for pity's sake don't make him (or anyone on a discussion board) that important!

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #2 - Mar 30th, 2006 at 7:37pm

Good answer Cricket. I've had to learn to ignore the insults too. It's too bad that there are those who like to insult here. It didn't used to be like this. We had 2 wonderful moderators who kept people to the posting guidelines and this was a happy place.

Love, Mairlyn Wink

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #3 - Mar 30th, 2006 at 7:44pm

Hi PA,
well B-man is B-man and his style is just his style and I have become accustomed to him. And you're a passionate one, aren't you.
Take a break and theeen...be back again allright?
Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Cricket

Reply #4 - Mar 30th, 2006 at 9:30pm

I'd feel more virtuous if ignoring completely was *my* style, but I'm more likely to spar with at least those who seem to be a worthy oponent...but I still won't be insulted, just amused (or possibly educated...I mean, I suppose it's possible they could be right Wink...I check into that first...and if I decide not...time for exercising my debating muscles, but I try not to clutter up the boards.)

IP Logged

B-dawg

Missoula, Montana
Reply #5 - Mar 31st, 2006 at 5:40am

Hi,

i thought i didnt care..but i cared about that insult..i dont know why exactly..here is a part of the note that explains my thoughts that i wrote to admin due to his questioning..
take care folks..cherish your happy days and the happy days of others..god knows it is really hard to keep your happines in this world..

......Are you talking about the post refering my happy laughter about his words “turning rabbits to propupines” where chumley questioned me along with all 21st century women and how we would get enthusiastic/excited for which male predator or  thug? Where he said "yet again" he would advice “decent “ people to train?...

....Every person has a right to a friendly environment. This is not my word..this is also gotto be something written in the humans right declearation. i at least three times have met Chumley swearing this and that yahowa, allah etc etc ..and at least one other time replied him questioning my personal choices though not at all so kindly and in friendly manners.i did it happly because i was thinking it worth it back then..it worths the effort to ease somebody’s  mind pain.. always.

But communicationg your opinion is something and cursing and showing hatred is something else..and this second is the terminator of the “friendly environment” that human rights decleration talks about. I have tried to provide each time a friendly atmosphere to him that he himself is deliberatley and effortlessly distubing ..and enjoying  perhaps?..he might be suffering from rejection from certain ladies in his life..but this is not my problem to discuss at such a level..and i have nothing to be blamed on in this.thats why i am afraid this last one was to much for me to try to handle..nobody is obliged to deal with such a case out of blue..i was happy that day talking to board in “morals make us weak?” thread then suddenly Chumley thought i have no right to enjoy a laughter........
Well, I thought you were MOCKING my idea at the
time, truth be told. Sort of like "Christina" (a woman
I USED to be on speaking terms with!) would say, "good luck" if I had an idea.
So, I "layed into you." I thought you were another "stupid idea, give it up" commentator. But since you weren't (as your post shows) my remark was unwarranted. I was also in a sh!tty mood the other night (found out that yet ANOTHER money-making idea on the 'Net was a frigging SCAM, but that's another story.)
So there's your "why" (for what it's worth.) Good enough?

B-man

IP Logged

B-dawg

Missoula, Montana
Reply #6 - Mar 31st, 2006 at 9:34am

Yes, good enough. i know and feel that you tend to mistake me with some idea in your mind that is still giving you pain. But i am not what you think i am and hardly any woman ll be exactly like that what makes you still suffer. i am very happy that you are getting closer with this truth. any shitty mood can be dealt with easily among friends..this is not a make-believe idea. this is truth. just give them a chance.thank you for giving me a chance again.

but if you dont show this care for everybody after all this..all is gonna be a waste ..what you have lived through back then, what you are now, what i have lived through for two day.. all are gonna be a waste..dont let your life or others lives to be wasted. A rich man wasting his and others lives is so worse (i have seen that so many times) compared with a poor man who wont let his or others' happiness slide out of his hands no matter what.
Tell ya what...
If I can become a RICH man, that'll be good enough for me, platitudes and "words of wisdom" notwithstanding.
I'd sell my soul to the devil if it would make me wealthy. I kid you not... even if I KNEW it meant
I would burn in Hell forever, after I died.
A rich man, is a free man. and FREEDOM is the key
to happiness - I just can't see it any other way.
Off on a tangent again,

B-man

P.S. What you've "lived through for two days?"
I'd say you're WAY too sensitive, Damla.
Sensitivity is overrated. You need to get a thicker
hide, I'd say - or you're gonna get hurt every time someone isn't "nice" to you. People can be vile... there's been times in my life, where I've had to shrug off far worse insults than what I said to you, said to my FACE on a DAILY basis. (Now, I've been on what I call a "Neanderthalization" project (for myself, that is) for the last 12 years or so. Results aren't as complete as I'd like, BUT I don't regret the effort..!)

IP Logged

mattb1000

Reply #7 - Mar 31st, 2006 at 10:17am

Quote:
Yes, good enough. i know and feel that you tend to mistake me with some idea in your mind that is still giving you pain. But i am not what you think i am and hardly any woman ll be exactly like that what makes you still suffer. i am very happy that you are getting closer with this truth. any shitty mood can be dealt with easily among friends..this is not a make-believe idea. this is truth. just give them a chance.thank you for giving me a chance again.

but if you dont show this care for everybody after all this..all is gonna be a waste ..what you have lived through back then, what you are now, what i have lived through for two day.. all are gonna be a waste..dont let your life or others lives to be wasted. A rich man wasting his and others lives is so worse (i have seen that so many times) compared with a poor man who wont let his or others' happiness slide out of his hands no matter what.
Tell ya what...
If I can become a RICH man, that'll be good enough for me, platitudes and "words of wisdom" notwithstanding.
I'd sell my soul to the devil if it would make me wealthy. I kid you not... even if I KNEW it meant
I would burn in Hell forever, after I died.
A rich man, is a free man. and FREEDOM is the key
to happiness - I just can't see it any other way.
Off on a tangent again,

B-man

P.S. What you've "lived through for two days?"
I'd say you're WAY too sensitive, Damla.
Sensitivity is overrated. You need to get a thicker
hide, I'd say - or you're gonna get hurt every time someone isn't "nice" to you. People can be vile... there's been times in my life, where I've had to shrug off far worse insults than what I said to you, said to my FACE on a DAILY basis. (Now, I've been on what I call a "Neanderthalization" project (for myself, that is) for the last 12 years or so. Results aren't as complete as I'd like, BUT I don't regret the effort..!)

Wealth = freedom is an illusion.

If you mean power and the ability to control then you are correct. But that is not freedom.

The Road goes ever on and on&& Down from the door where it began....&&Where many paths and errands meet.&& And whither then? I cannot say.&&&&&&

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #8 - Mar 31st, 2006 at 7:43pm

Matt
your comments bring me to another thought.

"Wealth = freedom is an illusion.

If you mean power and the ability to control then you are correct. But that is not freedom. "

I keep thinking that we should be able to counteract the effects of the wealth=power equation. shouldn't our alternative philosophies give us some kind of power over our selves and our own lives? If we live these alternative thigns, shouldn't the wealth=power relationship be not so powerful any more?

IP Logged

B-dawg

Missoula, Montana
Reply #9 - Apr 1st, 2006 at 3:15am

Matt
your comments bring me to another thought.

"Wealth = freedom is an illusion.

If you mean power and the ability to control then you are correct. But that is not freedom. "
-To go where I want, when I want - or to go noplace at all...
-To do what I want, when I want (barring outright criminality!) or do NOTHING at all...
-To deal only with people I WANT to deal with... to never have to do the bidding of another if I do not wish to... to never have to help SOMEONE ELSE get rich, just so I can keep my fleshy a$$ supplied with freaking food, so it can go on sweating to help make that OTHER person rich...
-To not be dependent on the good will of others, to be able to prosper even if they all HATE me.
That sounds like FREEDOM to me. Only wealth can give me that though (unless I want to become a hobo or something - and then my last example wouldn't apply, I'd have to grovel before the "top dog" hobo or risk getting a knife shoved in my chest. Sound like fun?)
If what I described is "illusionary freedom" - then HOW SO? (And please give me a real, nuts-and-bolts REASON, not some vague "pearls of wisdom" such as I'd presumably hear from some useless "O wise one" with a 19-foot-long white beard, sitting on his duff in a cave on a mountaintop. (If he's so wise, how come all he does is sit in a cave and mumble? And what good is "wisdom" if you can't DO anything with it? Capital-W "Wisdom" strikes me as something a bit like the gold watch you (used to!) get when you retired... fancy and pretty and all, but what good is it REALLY..? What do you DO with it, that a 12-dollar Timex won't do better?)
And remember... this life exists for SURE. The "next world?" The biggest "Nobody Knows" of all time, the second biggest being whether the "next world" would be worthwhile (or even enjoyable.)
*Blind faith doesn't work for me, sorry folks.*

B-man

IP Logged

B-dawg

Missoula, Montana
Reply #10 - Apr 1st, 2006 at 3:23am

ParanoidAndroid:

the truth is if you look the right way, you are sensitive, too. if not how come you have gotton that hurt that you now dare you ll even sell your soul to devil to get rich financially?
As I did say, I'm not FINISHED with my "de-sensitivization project"... - not by any
means. So you're right on that one.
To be rich? Read my response to Mattb...

B-man

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #11 - Apr 2nd, 2006 at 2:52pm

wealth= power and ability to control

Shouldn't intent be a counteractant to that?

Why are we so like sheep for the Cheye's of the world?

and, referring to the post on do moral s make us weak...

I think instilling a moral sense in us by organized religion (particularly the Roman Catholic Church, which ruled Europe for centiries) has been a means to make us weak.
Sure turn the other cheek, but give me a knowledge of how to project PUL so strong that I don't get squashed in turning that cheek. But the Church wanted people to be weak. So it instilled morals in them. And it did it  to the benefit of our old equation 
wealth= power and ability to control.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.