Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Indians are at one with spirit (Read 8924 times)
juditha
Ex Member

Indians are at one with spirit
Mar 18th, 2006 at 7:08pm

Hi I beleive that the indians are at one with nature and spirit . They truly beleive that there fellow indians go to the world of the spirit when they die .They always have done for centuries . There are many indian spirit guides.They are a truly great race of people . They seem to have so much mystery about them . They are truly at one with spirit . They see the true beauty of the earth around them. God bless juditha

IP Logged

Black_Napkins
Ex Member

Re: Indians are at one with spirit
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2006 at 1:23am

What about the race of people who killed them and stole their land?

Does Isolation+hallucinogenic drugs=spiritual enlightenment?

I don't see how they were much different from any other isolated civilizations of that time. It's almost a stereotype.

IP Logged

B-dawg

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Missoula, Montana
Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2006 at 3:17am

Actually, I've heard it said that the Australian Aborigines fit this description to a higher degree
than even the Native American Indians. But once
again, we have a case of millennia of isolation -  AND much less exposure to European missionary activity
to boot - Australian Aboriginal lands didn't have the ECONOMIC exploitability that those of the American Indians did, so they were largely left alone, compared to the American natives. (That, plus the fact that the Aborigines had smaller population of white settlers to deal with, who were mostly confined to the coastal areas of Australia!) Thusly, the Aborigines' tribal cultures remained basically intact into modern times, unlike those of the Indians. Who knows what the Europeans were like,
say, 30K years ago? (Probably much the same as
the Aborigines and pre-Columbian Indians.)

B-man

IP Logged

deanna

Reply #3 - Mar 19th, 2006 at 11:05am

The indians were very spiritual ,they believed when they died they would go to the happy hunting grounds ,indians were natural clarevoyants they knew many things  deanna

deanna

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Mar 19th, 2006 at 11:15am

Hi Black napkins Idont belieive that the indians needed any help to see spirit exept they did perform rituals . They were different to others races . they had there own way of living When i am in circle indian guides are there ,when i have healing indian guides are there . they had a lot of gifts ,especially to see and communicate with spirit .This medium i know has indians all around his home .pictures ornaments  because even he beleives in them as guides. God bless juditha

IP Logged

Rob_Roy

New Hampshire, USA
Reply #5 - Mar 19th, 2006 at 2:26pm

Native Americans were not always helpless victims, especially at the beginning of European immigration. True, they ended up losing their land but in the meantime they did a fair share of ruthless, savage killing on their own. No race or nation of people is innocent. None even come close.

Rob

IP Logged

Jambo

1987, a great year for
the human race.

UK
Reply #6 - Mar 19th, 2006 at 11:05pm

Im not so sure about that Rob have you got historical evidence to back up that claim?

The only Indian tribe that I know of who were openly evil were the Mohawks, who indulged in regular scalpings  Lips Sealed

There is a famous "Spirit Teacher" called Silver Birch, I highly recommend reading his communications

IP Logged

B-dawg

Missoula, Montana
Reply #7 - Mar 19th, 2006 at 11:49pm

Im not so sure about that Rob have you got historical evidence to back up that claim?

The only Indian tribe that I know of who were openly evil were the Mohawks, who indulged in regular scalpings  Lips Sealed
That's like saying that the Polish partisans in WW2 were "evil" because they killed Nazi soldiers every opportunity they got, Jambo. Do you actually believe that???
Did you know, that scalping was introduced to the Indians by WHITES? Read REAL American history...
Also, considering that the whites that got scalped by the Mohawks were mostly PURITANS (who considered the Mohawks to be "children of Satan" and did such fine things as paying bounties for murdered Indian children, AND considered burning harmless old ladies at the stake a rollicking good time) I'd say the Mohawks deserve a lot more respect than you say they do. Sure, nobody's innocent. BUT keep in mind, that the early New England colonists (1600's/early 1700's) were basically the products of  LATE MEDIEVAL EUROPEAN culture (perhaps the most vile culture, BTW, that humanity has produced in the last 12,000 years... think Inquisitions, "witch" burnings, yadda yadda.) AND I'd say INVADERS deserve whatever punishment the original inhabitants of a given area can dish out in any case... ESPECIALLY Yahwist fanatics (as the early Puritan New England settlers were!) That ought to be a no-brainer...

B-man

IP Logged

mattb1000

Reply #8 - Mar 20th, 2006 at 3:31pm

Quote:

The only Indian tribe that I know of who were openly evil were the Mohawks, who indulged in regular scalpings  Lips Sealed
That's like saying that the Polish partisans in WW2 were "evil" because they killed Nazi soldiers every opportunity they got, Jambo. Do you actually believe that???
Did you know, that scalping was introduced to the Indians by WHITES? Read REAL American history...
Also, considering that the whites that got scalped by the Mohawks were mostly PURITANS (who considered the Mohawks to be "children of Satan" and did such fine things as paying bounties for murdered Indian children, AND considered burning harmless old ladies at the stake a rollicking good time) I'd say the Mohawks deserve a lot more respect than you say they do. Sure, nobody's innocent. BUT keep in mind, that the early New England colonists (1600's/early 1700's) were basically the products of  LATE MEDIEVAL EUROPEAN culture (perhaps the most vile culture, BTW, that humanity has produced in the last 12,000 years... think Inquisitions, "witch" burnings, yadda yadda.) AND I'd say INVADERS deserve whatever punishment the original inhabitants of a given area can dish out in any case... ESPECIALLY Yahwist fanatics (as the early Puritan New England settlers were!) That ought to be a no-brainer...

B-man

Interesting stuff there B-man. I may take a look at American history at my next chance.

The Road goes ever on and on&& Down from the door where it began....&&Where many paths and errands meet.&& And whither then? I cannot say.&&&&&&

IP Logged

Bud_S
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Mar 20th, 2006 at 5:13pm

This is a shame that this post took such a turn away from the original meaning.  I agree with Juditha that native American indians were and are a highly spiritual people.  There is much to be learned from them even today - perhaps even more important that we learn it today.

I was going to comment on the land stealing, scalping and so on, but it's history.  One can learn from it, but can't change it.  If a person doesn't like living in a country taken from it's natives (who were probably only relatively peaceful because of vast space between tribes AND probably were not the first people to occupy North America = Kennewick man is 15,000 years old and not genetically related to any tribes), one can always move to a country whose ancestors never hurt anybody or told a lie, but that might be a tough one.

IP Logged

Rob_Roy

New Hampshire, USA
Reply #10 - Mar 21st, 2006 at 3:09am

Jambo,

Do your own homework. I don't need to back up my claims, because they are not MY claims. Try reading history yourself and instead of regurgitating the whitewash of political correctness. Get off your butt and go see for yourself instead of resting on your (wrong) assumptions.

I never said anyone was evil. Don't twist what I said.

You ignored my point, which was that no one is innocent.

Yeah, sure, Native Americans had spirituality. So does every other culture/nation. So what? If you find it interesting, fine.

This thread speaks as though all Native Americans were/are all the same and they believed then and now the same things. How racist.

Rob

IP Logged

Jambo

1987, a great year for
the human race.

UK
Reply #11 - Mar 21st, 2006 at 6:06am

Theres no need to be aggressive I was just stating my opinion.

But how do you know that the recorded history is providing the truth, If you believe everything the historians tell you then you really are gullible.

And How was that post "regurgitating the whitewash of political correctness"?

Please don't antagonise me even more

And how was I "twsiting" what you said?

Idiot

IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Mar 21st, 2006 at 7:52am

'Do your own homework. I don't need to back up my claims, because they are not MY claims.'

If you dont believe in what your posting, it's not worth posting it.

Cultures run through general sterio types - and you can judge a culture based upon that, while at the same time allowing yourself to be open for small minority's which are different.

if someone says there a christian... then they must believe in god... there oppinion of god may be different.. but the basic fact is they believe the same thing, so screaming racist just because someone characterised a race by what the majority of the race, hold to be true aint logical.

Take a chill pill rob, if someone ask's a question, take 2 minutes to find the related evidence.

IP Logged

Rob_Roy

New Hampshire, USA
Reply #13 - Mar 22nd, 2006 at 12:09pm

Spitfire,

I see no reason to do redo the research to prove something that anyone can see for themselves if they had the integrity to look for themselves instead of mouthing what they've heard. If they want a quick and easy to reference, they can read the US Declaration of Independence, just for starters.

I'm sick of people idolizing Native Americans as though they were completely innocent and did no wrong, that they were oh so peace-loving and spiritual people.

People ought to take a look at some of the pathological things that were done to Whites. They should also go look at what some NA did to each other. And they weren't all the same and didn't all have the same spirituality. To typecaset like that is racist.

I never said any of them were evil. Neither was I speaking of one particular tribe. How someone that from my post is a mystery to me.

Yeah, Spit, I should take a chill pill. I've been hearing this tripe all my life and I'm quite sick of it.

Rob

IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Mar 22nd, 2006 at 2:02pm

I agree with you that american indians are certainly not innocent and did there fair share of evil deeds, and that people seem to like to idolise.. those who were out gunned and out fought, i think it makes for a more heroic story.. which is why more films and books are published backing the indians valiant struggle... and this eventually becomes engrained upon peoples minds.. and unless they intrested in the topic they wont go on to do anymore background research.

Im just saying, over in england we ar'nt taught much about indians at all... we are taught about ww1, ww2... and battles throughout the century's in england, while in america im sure your taught about vietnam and the civil war, and battles that happened on american soil.

if you wanna win another supporter to your cause, i would just give them access to the relative information to which your beliefs come from [especially to us foriegners].

craig

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.