Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Late for school dream (Read 3334 times)
DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Late for school dream
Mar 15th, 2006 at 10:46am

Many of us have had this type of dream.  I had a strange one last night and I'm long out of school.  Apparently there was some important test that was to be given in a center (like a school).  For some reason, I went to get a drink and some food, and anticipated where this test was to be given.  I came up to the empty floor alone to wait.  I was then informed, just as this test was going to begin that it was not at the location where I was, that I had somehow misinterpreted where I should be, and I began to scramble to straighten it out before I woke up.

I personally believe that dreams are symbolic.  I don't believe the school like test had anything to do with that.  However it may have been a reference to a real world test that I'm having or about to have.  How to factor in my anticipitory action followed by correction and scrambling, I don't know.  It may be my subconscious or others' attempts to tell me that I'm directing my energies wrong and anticipating something, but my thoughts should be elsewhere. 

I'm not sure what to do with this one.

Matthew

IP Logged

DocM

Re: Late for school dream
Reply #1 - Mar 15th, 2006 at 12:16pm

I posted here to get others' opinions.  I think the dream symbolizes a challenge or test in real life, and that I may be showing up early for it in the wrong place or using the wrong strategy.

I think that the only way we can get communication from spirits, loved ones who have died or the divine in dreams is by symbols.  Freud used to interpret things sexually.  Others try to draw connections to things already in your life.  Some, who are not spiritual feel that these symbols are done to serve our conscious minds because we "can't handle the truth" any other way.

So I was curious on input from others about this dream.

M

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #2 - Mar 15th, 2006 at 2:07pm

Hi

I think dream symbols are personal and are best interpreted by the dreamer.

This usually requires alot of ongoing work. I'm not good at it especially because I don't recall my dreams often enough to keep my enthusiasm up.

But it seems to help if you recall how you felt when you dreamed this and then follow the emotions to wherever they lead.

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #3 - Mar 15th, 2006 at 8:39pm

Hi DocM,
I've had several dreams of this type, such as having a test and think not prepared well enough, to be traveling and then realizing I forgot my luggage or passport etc., to miss the train or caught the wrong one, seeing other people are awaiting something from me to do something and I feel silly cause I don't know what or how to do.

I think there are two ways to look at those dreams:
1. Is there a challenge which you are not well enough prepared for and you should invest more effort in it?
2. Are you too much following people's expectations and are you too anxious about what other people think of you, or generally too anxious instead of "don't worry be happy" and this dream reflects what you actually fear of, but not that it's needed to.

I find this two ways are useful for most dreams, and possibly both viewpoints are valid for the same dream.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #4 - Mar 16th, 2006 at 8:35am

That is a good idea, PA.  But I think I know what the dream was about.  I had prepared a real life assistance to my stepson, who has basically terrorized my household (he is 18 now).  He had agreed to certain things (staying free of drugs, and joining the military withing 3 months).  In return he was given certain privileges.  This was my strategy, to try to get him on track, give him a future.

Yesterday, things went South.  He had an offer to work at a Hyundai dealership detailing cars for very little money, with an ex-con who he knew there.  He then said forget our prior arrangement.  I'm going to do this and have my own place (an unlikely possibility given the economics).

I believe that my anticipation of our arrangement was the strategy in the dream.  Suddenly, the dreamscape shifted, the examination had been moved, and I was put off.  The two situations parallel each other.  Only thing is, it happened within 24 hours of the dream.  There really isn't anything I could have done to change the outcome.

M

IP Logged

vikingsgal

Northern Illinois
Reply #5 - Mar 27th, 2006 at 2:15am

Hi Doc,

I think your dream was attempting to tell you
something you were fully cognizant of on a subconscious level.   My interpretation would be that you, despite your wishes otherwise, knew that you were doing the wrong thing at the wrong time and wrong place for all the right reasons.

One thing that stood out for me was that you were
giving this young man privileges he had not earned. 

Although this was a loving and generous act on your part, I believe it did more harm than good  for everyone and only further confused a young
person who doesn't have an adequate grasp of
what is truly his best interest. 

He needs to be with a more wholesome peer group ASAP.  Even though he is still quite young, the bird
of time is on the wing. 

In any case, I wish you and the rest of your family
strength and courage.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.