Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking back at suicide thoughts one year ago (Read 2143 times)
Alcuin
Ex Member

Looking back at suicide thoughts one year ago
Oct 13th, 2004 at 4:58pm

There are times when all one's efforts seem to have been been for nothing, for example when a dear loved one turns away from you or passes away. I was at that point a year ago. There was a blank wall and black nothingness beyond.

Several people on this board encouraged me to look far beyond the black nothingness. I took your encouragement. I started with long chats in some online games, then when I gained enough courage to go back out and meet people, I did. Finally I permitted myself a new romance, some badly needed psychotherapy and a lot of meditation. In the past month, I've had an intense feeling that my guides are there to show me the way onwards.

As color has returned to my life I would like to thank those of you who were there when things were at their blackest. A conversation board with sensitive and thoughtful friends can make a lot of difference.

Alcuin

IP Logged

Alysia
Ex Member

Re: Looking back at suicide thoughts one year ago
Reply #1 - Oct 13th, 2004 at 9:33pm

: There are times when all one's efforts seem to have been been for nothing, for example when a dear loved one turns away from you or passes away. I was at that point a year ago. There was a blank wall and black nothingness beyond.

: Several people on this board encouraged me to look far beyond the black nothingness. I took your encouragement. I started with long chats in some online games, then when I gained enough courage to go back out and meet people, I did. Finally I permitted myself a new romance, some badly needed psychotherapy and a lot of meditation. In the past month, I've had an intense feeling that my guides are there to show me the way onwards.

: As color has returned to my life I would like to thank those of you who were there when things were at their blackest. A conversation board with sensitive and thoughtful friends can make a lot of difference.

: Alcuin

I remember you. I always read your posts with interest. I'm glad you got through the hard times. we always try to listen here. love, alysia

IP Logged

Star Spirit
Ex Member

Welcome back
Reply #2 - Oct 13th, 2004 at 5:57pm

Alcuin:

Welcome back.

No, just <B>welcome</B>.

We all too often spend a lot of time looking <i>back</I>. I think you'd be surprized at the number who venture here looking for the exit, only to be pointed to the stairs leading <i>upwards</i>. Your gift of presence is a huge reward to those who met you there and then.

You're right, of course: some of the kindest and most enlightened souls anywhere populate this board. I count myself among the blessed whenever I have a minute to reflect on the profound impact this site has on my growth and development.

I'm glad you're here.

Peace,

Herb

IP Logged

gordon phinn
Ex Member

Re: Looking back at suicide thoughts one year ago
Reply #3 - Oct 13th, 2004 at 5:55pm

: There are times when all one's efforts seem to have been been for nothing, for example when a dear loved one turns away from you or passes away. I was at that point a year ago. There was a blank wall and black nothingness beyond.

: Several people on this board encouraged me to look far beyond the black nothingness. I took your encouragement. I started with long chats in some online games, then when I gained enough courage to go back out and meet people, I did. Finally I permitted myself a new romance, some badly needed psychotherapy and a lot of meditation. In the past month, I've had an intense feeling that my guides are there to show me the way onwards.

: As color has returned to my life I would like to thank those of you who were there when things were at their blackest. A conversation board with sensitive and thoughtful friends can make a lot of difference.

: Alcuin

Long time no hear Alcuin.  Your news is both sad and encouraging.  As always, I wish you well.

love, gordon

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.