Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Contact with Great Grandmother (Read 3025 times)
Lori

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Contact with Great Grandmother
Oct 13th, 2004 at 7:51pm

Hello everyone,
This is my first time posting on this website.  Last night I was reading through the website and in particular was reading the transcript from the October 7th meeting.  Mr. Moen was explaining the process of getting in touch with the spirit world.  I decided I would try it before going to bed.  I did what Mr. Moen suggested as far as using my imagination, and began an "imaginary" conversation with my great grandmother who passed away some years ago. I asked her to send me a sign to let me know this contact was real.  She answered and said look for the number "41,000" to show up tomorrow in your daily life. Well, shortly after I went to sleep and thought what do I have to lose.  The next day at a meeting for work, I had the thought come into mind, "Don't forget to look for that "41,000" number.  So I gazed down at some paper work the group was discussing, and sure enough there was a "41,286" number on the paper. It was't exactly 41,000 but she never said it would be exactly 41,000.  Would this be considered a real contact?  Or did I make this up?  I have never read Mr. Moen's books, only the transcript of his lecture. Is spirit contact really that easy?  Or did I fool myself?  I would be interested to hear any and all comments.  Thank you.

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
Ex Member

Re: Contact with Great Grandmother
Reply #1 - Oct 15th, 2004 at 7:56am

Elle Bell,

The part of your experience that rings true for me, indicating something interesting about whether or not it indicates real contact is:

>> The next day at a meeting for work, I had the thought come into mind, "Don't forget to look for that "41,000" number.  So I gazed down at some paper work the group was discussing, and sure enough there was a "41,286" number on the paper. <<

Think about the timing of having that "thought come into mind."  If it hadn't come to mind when it did, the paper with that number might not have been in plain sight.  Then ask yourself why that thought came into your mind at that specific time?  And, where do thoughts originate?

>> Would this be considered a real contact?  Or did I make this up? <<

The important part in my view is that to the extent you can accept even the possibility that it indicates a form of real contact, to that extent the beliefs blocking your perception are removed, and your perception is more open.  With your perception more open clearer contact experiences become more possible. 

>> Is spirit contact really that easy?  Or did I fool myself?  <<

Yes, it is that easy.  Doubt is normal.  A certain level of open-minded-delayed-judgement-skepticism is necessary.  Can one experience like yours prove anything?  Or course not.  But it can be the beginning of a process that leads to proof.  As the first chapter in the Guidebook says, Trust is always the first issue.

My suggestion would be to keep the possibility open that this might indicate not only real contact, but also something about how communication with grandma occurs.

Bruce

IP Logged

Lori

Re: Contact with Great Grandmother
Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2004 at 10:47am

: Mr. Moen,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my posting.  I am encouraged to explore this way of spirit contact, and to build on my initial experience with my great grandmother, made possible by reading your October 7th meeting transcript. You have given me renewed hope that I can prove to myself, with further experimentation, the existence of an Afterlife and not to fear death.  I very much respect the fact that you simply provide tools, along with your experiences and encourage everyone to prove it to themselves, and not just take someone's word for it. I feel that your technique provides a way for people to do their own investigating in a simple, no nonsense manner. I look forward to learning more from you and everyone here on this website.

Thank you,

ElleBe

IP Logged

Star Spirit
Ex Member

Welcome Aboard!
Reply #3 - Oct 13th, 2004 at 8:12pm

Hello ElleBe!

What a wonderful <B><i>first experience</i></B> you had! It’s great, too, that Bruce’s <A HREF = “http://www.geocities.com/frankredstien/10-7-04ChatTranscript.pdf”>Chat Transcript</A> proved so helpful to your discovery.

There are many sites out there where people will promise to find the answers for you. In some cases we’re instrumental in assisting. I’d argue, however, that the best thing going for this site is the information <B><i>freely</i></B> exchanged with those who have the courage to try the disarmingly simple methods that Bruce advances.

You’d think his engineer’s mind could somehow make it far more difficult and elevate it to the stuff of high Gnosticism. But there you go!

Nice work. Please continue to share your journeys and discoveries with us.

Peace,

Herb

IP Logged

Lori

Re: Welcome Aboard!
Reply #4 - Oct 13th, 2004 at 8:37pm

Hello Herb!

Thank you for your encouragement and warm welcome.  You bring up a great point about the simplicity of Mr. Moen's method. I also appreciate the fact that Mr. Moen encourages people to get proof of the afterlife on their own, and not just believe what someone else tells you. I feel fortunate to have discovered this website.

ElleBe

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.