Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
gordon phinn
Ex Member

Nov 5th, 2004 at 7:09pm

Friends, after posting The John Mack contact and planning to talk about it on the radio show Mindshift, Errol, the host, suggested I try contacting Betty Hill, who'd passed just the week before.  Betty and her husband Barney were the first to go public with a "missing time" episode in 1961.  When hypnotically
regressed (separately) they both recalled being abducted by aliens for medical proceedures.  This was twenty odd years before it became a well known phenomenon and they were not generally greeted with open arms, least of all in the ufo commmunity.  The book about their experience is by John Fuller and is called "The Interrupted Journey". You'll find their case mentioned in all the ufo encyclopaedia type books.
As far as I can gather they were both church going christians in their adult lives.  Also you should know their marriage was an interrracial one, which was quite a statement back in 1960, and likely caused as much fuss as the abduction tale.

Betty and Barney Hill: contact, October 19/04, 10:00am

Express intent to meet up with Betty and Barney Hill.  Ask guides.  Response: No, Gordon, you can do this yourself.

Find them, or should I say Barney, in lovely garden.  Barney goes to side door and calls to Betty, along the lines of 'Hon, there's someone here to see you'.  Barney feels almost automatically that folk always want to see Betty first and foremost.  Is this the result of being black in America in the fifties, or merely a personal shyness?  Not sure.

Betty seems, if not exactly feeble, then not exactly vibrant either.  Still attached to her old lady persona from Earth.

We all sit in garden and begin conversing.  Barney's been here awhile, Betty but a week or so, so he's the one with the answers.  He's had the time to reflect/meditate/check soul files as it were.  Yes they agreed to the abduction situation before birth.  They'd known each other in 19th century America and had an interracial romance then, one that hadn't worked out too well, and were convinced by guides to act it out again, partly to give a chance to those who oppressed them before to make amends, and partly as an example to 20th century America.

Betty's glad to be in heaven, Earth had shown her all it could, she was tired of her old body.  Plus she'd been longing for Barney, her soulmate, for so long it'd become a bad habit.  She feels as if she's waking up from a long sleep.  It's not being in heaven, it's being back in heaven, that's what it feels like.

Barney has been preparing this house for her, and he's sure had a lot of fun doing it.  Being able to choose exactly what you want for the house and garden without worrying about cost kind of gives you a new lease on life.  He's been creating some things with his mind, but also receiving all sorts of items from the local craftspeople hereabouts.  They make such lovely and unique pieces and are so glad to let you have them that it seems a shame to disappoint them.  The delicacy and intricacy of the hand carving alone is marvellous.

Both Betty and Barney are quiet while the other is speaking, unlike some couples who excitedly interrupt all the time.  Betty asks what my purpose is.  I tell them about contact and retrieval work, and my habit of posting the results on the internet, so that others may learn and understand.  Betty asks if I'm a spirit guide.  "Sometimes" is my answer.

I ask how they feel about their interactions with aliens now.  Barney's glad it's over: he wants a normal life now, and so far he's had one.  The joys of church and community life without the stress of economic and social conflicts are almost more than he could've hoped for.  And now that Betty's here, he has everything a man could want.

They smile at each other with the warmth I would expect.  I sense they've discussed religious and spiritual matters already, but are not about to expound on them for me, unless I corner them with questions.  Having experienced the doubt fringed exaltations of church folk on the astral before, I'm happty to let that be.  They have to discover for themselves that heaven actually lies beyond this paradise, and there's likely no point in me giving them a pep talk about it.

Betty says she's still thinking over all her alien experiences, and even recalling more now that she's here.  Barney says they planned it out before they were born, and that may be so, but she has to recover the memory for herself. 

I thank them for their time and ask them if I may talk about our meeting on the radio this coming weekend, on a show that's devoted to the alien/ufo experience.  They both give their assent and ask that their best wishes be passed along.  "Tell them things are just wonderful here, and that I'm doing just fine", says Betty.  Barney nods and smiles in agreement.

I walk out of the garden and their sightlines before disappearing.

gordon

IP Logged

jeff
Ex Member

Re: Contact: Betty & Barney Hill
Reply #1 - Nov 5th, 2004 at 8:19pm

Dear Gordon,

Wonderful and interesting account.  Thanks for sharing.

Jeff

IP Logged

Alysia
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 5th, 2004 at 8:11pm

I read that book back in the late 60's or early 70's and I remember the effect it had on me; it was well written and highly credible, thanks for posting this Gordon.
love, alysia

IP Logged

gordon phinn
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 8th, 2004 at 8:53am

:
: I read that book back in the late 60's or early 70's and I remember the effect it had on me; it was well written and highly credible, thanks for posting this Gordon.
: love, alysia

Jeff and Alysia, glad you liked that.  Thanks also go to Errol Bruce Knapp, the Toronto radio show host, (you talked with him Jeff) who suggested it.  I had no idea that Betty Hill had passed.  And now that i think of it, it was a forwarded email from Errol about John Mack that started it all.
love, gordon

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.