Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Interesting view of Retrievals (Read 1924 times)
Roger
Ex Member

Interesting view of Retrievals
Nov 2nd, 2004 at 11:13am

This is from the book We Are Eternal by Robert Brown, pages 143/144: 

"There are some very rare sensitives here on the Earth who devote their working lives to helping others who pass, those who cannot or have not realized that death has occurred.  Perhaps the person who passed was very attached to some physical or material pleasure that he or she will not relinquish-or feels that there was something he or she still had to do."

"The sensitives who work on such cases are highly developed and often hold what are called 'rescue circles.'  These are groups specifically formed to help lost souls find the light.  These groups are strictly controlled, and the sensitives work closely with the spirit guides.  I am suspicious of anyone who publicly announces that he or she does such work, since all true and sincere rescue workers do their work quietly and without fanfare.  They never seek publicity and do their work solely for the love of humanity and the ultimate benefit that can come from all life progressing."

IP Logged

Alysia
Ex Member

Re: Interesting view of Retrievals
Reply #1 - Nov 3rd, 2004 at 3:09pm

: This is from the book We Are Eternal by Robert Brown, pages 143/144: 

: "There are some very rare sensitives here on the Earth who devote their working lives to helping others who pass, those who cannot or have not realized that death has occurred.  Perhaps the person who passed was very attached to some physical or material pleasure that he or she will not relinquish-or feels that there was something he or she still had to do."

: "The sensitives who work on such cases are highly developed and often hold what are called 'rescue circles.'  These are groups specifically formed to help lost souls find the light.  These groups are strictly controlled, and the sensitives work closely with the spirit guides.  I am suspicious of anyone who publicly announces that he or she does such work, since all true and sincere rescue workers do their work quietly and without fanfare.  They never seek publicity and do their work solely for the love of humanity and the ultimate benefit that can come from all life progressing."

Stuck energy is inconclusive thought.
disconnected from the river of ascension.
(my addition:) undistorted love energy frees.

I think I know what you're saying and what Gordon is saying too.
we can't make the art of retrieval like only special people can do it as that's a lie. at the same time you don't want to go getting a bunch of spiritual pride around it, because pride goeth before a fall, you know what I mean.
DP my guide, used to go around saving souls all the time. bummer. he got over on the other side and someone had to save his butt.......

love, alysia

IP Logged

gordon phinn
Ex Member

Re: Interesting view of Retrievals
Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2004 at 6:15pm

: This is from the book We Are Eternal by Robert Brown, pages 143/144: 

: "There are some very rare sensitives here on the Earth who devote their working lives to helping others who pass, those who cannot or have not realized that death has occurred.  Perhaps the person who passed was very attached to some physical or material pleasure that he or she will not relinquish-or feels that there was something he or she still had to do."

: "The sensitives who work on such cases are highly developed and often hold what are called 'rescue circles.'  These are groups specifically formed to help lost souls find the light.  These groups are strictly controlled, and the sensitives work closely with the spirit guides.  I am suspicious of anyone who publicly announces that he or she does such work, since all true and sincere rescue workers do their work quietly and without fanfare.  They never seek publicity and do their work solely for the love of humanity and the ultimate benefit that can come from all life progressing."

Roger,
this view reminds me very much of the type of elitism often found in the old spiritualist and theosophical literature. (although not all of it)  The authors often wanted the reader to feel that they were in exalted company, that the average person would never be aware of.
Then and now, the people who do this kind of work are not nearly as rare as the author would have you believe.  Monroe grads and Moen readers aside, there are plenty of home grown psychics/wiccan practicioners/buddhists/and more, who one way or another do retrievals or work in rescue circles: Trust me, I've met lots of them over the years. 
They may not advertise themselves out of humility or timidity, but this fact alone does not make them (a) better people or (b) more efficient retrievers.  They are as likely to be beset by ego/vanity/pride hang-ups as those who present a large face to the public

This type of writing, by implying that certain types of practicioners are on a higher moral ground than others, merely because they hide their light under a bushel basket(as the bible says), creates what I consider unnecessary, and even false, distinctions.  I would suggest that you not allow yourself to be overly swayed by it.
gordon

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.