Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stupid Gringo :-) :-) :-) (Read 2743 times)
Bob McKelvy
Ex Member

Stupid Gringo :-) :-) :-)
Dec 6th, 2004 at 9:48am

I have always gone through life feeling invincible. That may or may not be the actual case. It’s just the way I have always felt. That attitude led to another mini-adventure down here.

Back in my early Air Force days, I used to hold down a 2nd job managing a small fastfood restaurant in a very rough Hispanic neighborhood called the Dog House Café. Shortly before closing, I had a couple of Cops come by for free hamburgers and coffee every evening to take home. Cops ate for free at my place. Was always glad to see them.

We had a condiment bar with onions, jalapeno peppers, etc for the hamburgers. One evening as I was closing, had the hamburgers and coffee waiting for my cop friends when they pulled in. I was behind the counter moping the floor when this very drunk Mexican staggered in with a big gun aimed at me. Knew I was going to be robbed. He was yelling at me in Spanish
( Tex-Mex) . Even though I know the language. I caught a glimpse of the robber at a higher level, saw him as who he really was in spirit and zapped him with a "love tap", or what you would  "PUL "  He obviously felt it. Because I saw a surprised look on his face.

Its hard to describe. Felt sorry for him because of this experience he opted for. Probably a young soul in earth living.

This struck me as being funny. Instead of feeling fear or anger, I was fighting back the urge to keep from laughing. ( Man, I must be weird ) Even though I understood what he was saying, I pretended that I didn’t know what he wanted. I was also smiling. This put him even more off guard. Tried to ask him in pretended broken Spanish what he wanted on his hamburger He became more frustrated and started calling me a stupid gringo along with a few other choice words.   Smiley Smiley 

He really lost it, and started throwing stuff at me from the condiment bar. I lost it and started laughing out loud. He super freaked out and picked up a large jar of Jalapeno peppers to toss at me. The lid came off and rained hot peppers all over him and into his eyes.
He slid on the floor from the oily pepper juice, yelling ai, yi, yi in pain from the peppers. The gun fell out of his hand, fired as it hit the floor blowing out a window just as the cops were pulling in.

The situation was so funny that I fell on the floor laughing like a maniac. It was probably the hardest that I have ever laughed in my life. It confused the hell out of the cops as they walked in. Here was this drunk Mexican on the floor writhing in pain, and this other maniac behind the counter on the floor laughing his head off.

Tried to tell the cops what happened between bouts of laughter as they cuffed him. Sometimes you will never know how you will react in a bad situation !!

Love Bob Smiley

IP Logged

Carolyn
Ex Member

Re: Stupid Gringo :-) :-) :-)
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2004 at 12:53pm

Wow Bob! I have so much to learn from you! Thanks!

Love,
Carolyn

: I have always gone through life feeling invincible. That may or may not be the actual case. It’s just the way I have always felt. That attitude led to another mini-adventure down here.

: Back in my early Air Force days, I used to hold down a 2nd job managing a small fastfood restaurant in a very rough Hispanic neighborhood called the Dog House Café. Shortly before closing, I had a couple of Cops come by for free hamburgers and coffee every evening to take home. Cops ate for free at my place. Was always glad to see them.

: We had a condiment bar with onions, jalapeno peppers, etc for the hamburgers. One evening as I was closing, had the hamburgers and coffee waiting for my cop friends when they pulled in. I was behind the counter moping the floor when this very drunk Mexican staggered in with a big gun aimed at me. Knew I was going to be robbed. He was yelling at me in Spanish
:  ( Tex-Mex) . Even though I know the language. I caught a glimpse of the robber at a higher level, saw him as who he really was in spirit and zapped him with a "love tap", or what you would  "PUL "  He obviously felt it. Because I saw a surprised look on his face.

: Its hard to describe. Felt sorry for him because of this experience he opted for. Probably a young soul in earth living.

: This struck me as being funny. Instead of feeling fear or anger, I was fighting back the urge to keep from laughing. ( Man, I must be weird ) Even though I understood what he was saying, I pretended that I didn’t know what he wanted. I was also smiling. This put him even more off guard. Tried to ask him in pretended broken Spanish what he wanted on his hamburger He became more frustrated and started calling me a stupid gringo along with a few other choice words.   Smiley Smiley 

: He really lost it, and started throwing stuff at me from the condiment bar. I lost it and started laughing out loud. He super freaked out and picked up a large jar of Jalapeno peppers to toss at me. The lid came off and rained hot peppers all over him and into his eyes.
: He slid on the floor from the oily pepper juice, yelling ai, yi, yi in pain from the peppers. The gun fell out of his hand, fired as it hit the floor blowing out a window just as the cops were pulling in.

: The situation was so funny that I fell on the floor laughing like a maniac. It was probably the hardest that I have ever laughed in my life. It confused the hell out of the cops as they walked in. Here was this drunk Mexican on the floor writhing in pain, and this other maniac behind the counter on the floor laughing his head off.

: Tried to tell the cops what happened between bouts of laughter as they cuffed him. Sometimes you will never know how you will react in a bad situation !!

: Love Bob Smiley

IP Logged

sydnei
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 6th, 2004 at 7:11pm

Dear Bob~

Amidst the hilarity of this story, I still felt impressed with how you had the calm and presence of mind to handle this situation as you did.  After all, there was a drunk guy with a gun in front of you.  I'd say you had some strong guidance or kind guardian angel with you, too.

Thanks for sharing!

Love, Sydnei

IP Logged

Boris

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #3 - Dec 6th, 2004 at 12:03pm

LOL! Just keep it up like this, Bob, and your book will be a big success!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.