Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Retrieval, dream or just a contact? (Read 3323 times)
Shirley

Afterlife Knowledge Member

San Antonio
Retrieval, dream or just a contact?
Jan 22nd, 2006 at 7:53pm

It was a couple weeks ago. (things have been hectic around here Embarrassed)

I have vague memories of the surroundings, but not the specifics of what was said.

First, my father died 25 years ago and except for a few instances shortly after his death I've had no contact, no dreams, nothing..until just recently.

I was at a gathering..strange kind of place, reminded me of a jungle setting.  I was interacting with others when my father came in.  I was so happy to see him and he seemed happy to see me also.

I told him he was home now and couldn't leave until after I did.

I woke up thinking how strange it was.  Had he been stuck somewhere all this time?  Was he now "home" and waiting for me to get "there" before he moved on to the next life?

He did die suddenly, unexpectedly in a car accident.  No lingering, instant death.  There were indications that he "knew" time was short though, through things he did in the weeks before hand, such as taking care of last minute things and visiting places he hadn't been to in years.

Also, I had not seen him for about 7 months before his death, though we had spoken on the phone many times.

Any thoughts?  Retrieval, dream or contact?

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Re: Retrieval, dream or just a contact?
Reply #1 - Jan 22nd, 2006 at 8:40pm

Quote:
He did die suddenly, unexpectedly in a car accident.  No lingering, instant death.  There were indications that he "knew" time was short though, through things he did in the weeks before hand, such as taking care of last minute things and visiting places he hadn't been to in years.

Since you feel he knew time was short, he most likely did move on when he passed over so it seems to me that this was a contact. However, it also could have been a retrieval. Perhaps future contact with him will tell which it is. And I don't feel that dreams are just dreams so it was contact or retrieval.

Love, Mairlyn Wink

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #2 - Jan 25th, 2006 at 11:33pm

Of course it's too hard to evaluate someone else's experience, but my opinion is that this was contact.  I think this because you said you haven't dreamed of him in 25 years.  I think that when someone pops into a dream unexpectedly (meaning that you had no other reason to be dreaming of him) then it usually means it is contact. 

Have you had anymore insight into this dream?  What do you think you meant by telling him he is home now and couldn't leave until you do?

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Shirley

San Antonio
Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 6:50am

He passed in 1980, my mother 11 years later, in 1991.  I've had many contacts with her..but always without him.
I think perhaps he has been wandering for this time, even though he knew time was short.
Perhaps he was stuck in a BST where he couldn't be reached.  He had a mild Christian type belief..sometimes, he would go off to church downtown on his own.
I have to wonder what his expectations were on crossing over, if he ended up in some pseudo-heaven from which he has finally gotten free? 
I've not had any other dreams of him since, but I often sense his presence close by.

IP Logged

dwdream2

St Petersburg Florida
Reply #4 - Feb 9th, 2006 at 3:21pm

What is called dreams is another word for alternate realities. Alternate realities can be experienced in many ways on various concious levels. It sounds as if you were almost there fully lucid. Contact was made, a retrieval, my feeling is no, and maybe not needed. The alterstate was the way to make contact. In this case your dream state.
You can always do a incubation on this experience and return. All it is, is planning ahead, setting the intent before sleep, and go for it.
Doug

Through the portals of the mind are doors to the universe, Through the consciousness of the soul are the doorways to the impossible, leaping beyond time and space. Infinite universes to explore.&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.