Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Please don't try this at home . . . (Read 19669 times)
Ray

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Ohio
I like it
Reply #15 - Dec 12th, 2004 at 6:41pm

Bruce:
It looks good.

IP Logged

sydnei
Ex Member

Re. Sounds and looks good! Thanks! n/t
Reply #16 - Dec 12th, 2004 at 6:29pm

: . . . taking a poll on this board I mean Cheesy)

: This post violates the terms of posting on this Board as it is off topic.  But I need information from you regarding possible changes to the look, feel and features of the Board itself. 

: I am considering upgrading the Conversation Board software to a different look, more modern administration system, and more modern features.

: Some recent and some past postings have suggested modernizing the system.  On Allan's recommendation I'm checking out YaBB and I am liking what I see.  I am especially attracted to the easier board administration, maintenance and live member to member chat possibilities.

:   Maybe some of you would like to take a look at the software's features and post what you think.  Copy and paste this URL

: http://www.yabbforum.com/

: into your browser, check it out and post.

: Please do not be alarmed if your posts to this poll thread get pruned quickly.  If many people decide to check out the software and respond I may need to keep this branch pruned to save room on the board for its real purpose.

: Tthank you,

: Bruce

IP Logged

Brian Hacking
Ex Member

Another vote Yes - NM
Reply #17 - Dec 12th, 2004 at 6:18pm

No message

IP Logged

TouchingSouls
Ex Member

I vote yes.....................Love, Mairlyn......
Reply #18 - Dec 12th, 2004 at 4:39pm

: This post violates the terms of posting on this Board as it is off topic.  But I need information from you regarding possible changes to the look, feel and features of the Board itself. 

: I am considering upgrading the Conversation Board software to a different look, more modern administration system, and more modern features.

: Some recent and some past postings have suggested modernizing the system.  On Allan's recommendation I'm checking out YaBB and I am liking what I see.  I am especially attracted to the easier board administration, maintenance and live member to member chat possibilities.

:   Maybe some of you would like to take a look at the software's features and post what you think.  Copy and paste this URL

: http://www.yabbforum.com/

: into your browser, check it out and post.

: Please do not be alarmed if your posts to this poll thread get pruned quickly.  If many people decide to check out the software and respond I may need to keep this branch pruned to save room on the board for its real purpose.

: Tthank you,

: Bruce

IP Logged

Alysia
Ex Member

Re: I could use a smiley face? :D
Reply #19 - Dec 12th, 2004 at 4:23pm

______

well, actually, I was thinking how old fashioned we were here. if I could just have a bit of fun with the smiley faces that's all I could wish for! and if you do this, you really are santa claus just like someone said down the board..hee hee! so I vote yes. and I think I will use this free software on my own site too!
much love and light, alysia

IP Logged

wade

centreville Virginia
Re: Please don't try this at home . . .
Reply #20 - Dec 20th, 2005 at 11:42pm

hhey rosalie   r you there?

I AM....
zoogieman  
IP Logged

roger prettyman

Bedford, U.K.
Reply #21 - Dec 21st, 2005 at 3:43am

Sorry Bruce, I know I`m in the minority but I don`t like it. The layout of this current site is very good and easy to navigate, as previously stated.

An old saying, "If it ain`t broke don`t fix it" springs to mind and I`m not one for living in the past either, as my pc is bang up to date with all the latest software, etc..

O.K., the site may need a little maintenance, as we do on our cars, but I would prefer it to stay as it is.

Best wishes to all,
roger Smiley

The past is history, the future is a mystery.&&Today is a gift, that`s why it`s called the present.&&Let yourself enjoy today. It will never come again.&&&&&&Butterfly.

IP Logged

Raphael
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Dec 21st, 2005 at 7:49am

uhhh... you do realize this whole thing happened a year ago ?

IP Logged

bets
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Jan 17th, 2006 at 5:37am

Greetings--
This morning the YABB connection is not operating. Is this topic concluded?
betsi

IP Logged

kodakball

Toronto, Canada
Reply #24 - Jan 17th, 2006 at 4:45pm

Well I suggest keep using a cgi script message board since it's easier to backup, and less problems then a php database messageboard, php does have it fair share of problems, and is a nightmare for the novice, to use properly. Just upgrade to the latest version.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.