Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Precognitive Dream Log (Read 4277 times)
mattb1000

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Precognitive Dream Log
Jan 16th, 2006 at 6:51am

I was thinking that we should set up a log of our experiences with precognitive dreams. I have dreams which I have considered precognitive and wish I have written them down over the years. I plan to now do something different and use this post as an online log of what I experience in future.

It would be cool to see other peoples and we can continue to modify our posts and produce a collection of our total experiences.

I will not use recent precog dreams in the list  as I dont know exact dates but will briefly describe them here.

One dream occured about 4 weeks ago and the main themes were "night time", "2 spiders". That night I was out and about and on 2 occasions saw a spider. Was I looking out for them?, no definatly not as I had forgot about the dream until i saw the first spider. When was the last time i dreamed of spiders? Cant remember but at a guess I would say about 2-3 years ago.

The other dream had these main keywords. "2 teenage girls", "1 with very blonde hair, 1 with normal blone hair", "they are to my right on pavement", "black car on road". The next morning driving to work that situation occured. 2 girls were on my right and I wasnt sure if they were going to cross, then put my attention back on the traffic in front and it was a black car in front of me. Again memory of dream didnt trigger until the black car.I should point out that in the dream i thought that the girl with really blonde was driving at one point and there was a "computer" keyword in the dream that didnt occur but now thinking about it as I type I was driving to work and I work with computers so thats a link. As you can see it can be subjective and that is why I view the amount of connections to the one dream/event and the closeness the occurence is to the dream as an increase in the "spooky" factor.

So, now that that is out of the way I am going to make an effort to remember and post the pre-cog dreams here and using this format.

1) Dream date/ Occurence date
2) Dream description/ Occurence desciption
3) Spooky rating = (1-5)

I would love it if people start using this post as a log too and we see a nice, growing collection that we can mull over. I was reading the archived posts yesterday and found one where a poster had a dream about yellow milk cartons and then had a message about vanilla milk at work. More stuff like that would be great to see.
Lets see what we get people. It shall be fun!  Grin

The Road goes ever on and on&& Down from the door where it began....&&Where many paths and errands meet.&& And whither then? I cannot say.&&&&&&

IP Logged

mattb1000

Re: Precognitive Dream Log
Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2006 at 5:03am

Yeah, I can see where your coming from. But I was thinking that you log the whole event after you experience the event that replicated a dream.

Skeptics reading this now jump in feet first and proclaim "So your only logging the positives and not logging the hundreds of dreams that are not precog!"

Well yes and no.

See, although you only record the whole event if you get a hit, there are 2 factors that give more strength to your hit.

1)You have to put down the duration between dream and replicated event. The longer the duration the less relevant it becomes.For me, real life events trigger the dream I had the previous night(95% of the time if its a precog dream i get a real life match the next day), that is why i find this interesting and this is why I want to make a log and let others make their own logs on the same page. However If ,for instance, John Smith comes along and starts populating his log over the course of a year and seems to have a long but constant dream/ event duration its worth something.

2) If you have a match between the themes in the dream and  theme(s) in the reality.

Luckily for me I have an example that happened last night. At one point during my dream a situation occured where I was in a UK terraced style street and had to walk up hill as the street was on a hill. Now I have never in my life dreamed of walking up hill in a street. I have not had a real life situation in the last 5 years(thats very very conservative) where a real event like that has occured. So im listening to the radio this morning in the car and one of the presenters explains that he had to get off the subway 1 stop early and had to walk up hill.

Now, ok this isnt the greatest hit in the world but when I listen to people on the radio mental images appear as I listen to them tell different stories(Im sure im not alone here). What pops into my head when he tells this little story? You got it, the terrace style road and walking up hilll. Bang! last nights dream finds a link. Now im not saying the guy walked up hill in a terrace street, I dont know if he did or not but my mental picture of the story matched with the dream i had before   I remembered the dream. Now skeptics can look at this story and feel like they have been give a shot gun in a coconut shy. However why should I dream about walking up hill in a street? , why should he mention this exactly the next day?,

Not life changing, but i would give it 1.5 out of 5 in the spooky rating.

And the event occured the next day after the dream.

Now if every one started making logs, wouldnt it be cool to see this post slowly become populated?  Grin

Obviously someone could come one here with pure fiction and give themselves 60 dreams with 5 out of 5. I cant stop them but if the log gets big enough it should neglect any deviations like that (like any results based on stats).

Im not planning to issue this log to JREF but I wouldnt mind doing some stat crunching if the log becomes big enough.

The Road goes ever on and on&& Down from the door where it began....&&Where many paths and errands meet.&& And whither then? I cannot say.&&&&&&

IP Logged

mattb1000

Reply #2 - Jan 18th, 2006 at 6:44am

Quote:
yes, i could see that from your first post. that is from my point of view is not the most suitable way of doing the log on precognitive dreams..if it is totally "precognitive" you should have the idea of what the dream is talking about when you have awaken from that dream.

look at this now :

three night ago, i have dreamt a house in a steep valley in UK. i knew that lonely house in the middle of a steep valley was in UK near london. in the dream..i thought "who on earth would live in this house standing alone burried deep in a steep valley..how do they get there..by which road?.

i woke up and was suprised about being so sure about UK. (in dreams i and most of the poeple i think cant tell exact the location most of the time.)

now..this is a true dream from three nights ago..was that a precognition relating this speech? No..from my point of view..absolutely it is not. it is a definite coincidence. or it is easy to lose track and get lost in such a lot of dreams.

But I cannot tell the difference between a precog dream and a normal dream.
I would say I get about 3-4 dreams a night and therefore recieving a match the next is like a feeling of "ahh i see". Dreams for me are not 100's of random pictures and situations. There are definate little stories or situations and there are themes or key images. For a situation in a dream to come true the next day is strange when you consider the frequency of dreaming about that situation before is more or less nil.

The key things I ask myself is:

Can I remember having this dream before?
How often does this situation occur?

In my example I can not ever remember dreaming about a terraced street which is up hill and I have to walk up it. Dreams for me are like stories or situations you see on tv, you know if its occured before.

How often does a situation occur that causes you to produce a mental picture of walking up hill in a terraced street?

When you wake up, for me a dream is like watching a tv show while having a snack or maybe reading a news paper. You have the overview and key themes of that tv show/dream in your mind but you you dont pay much attention to it. If you see that tv show later the key themes pop back up and you get a connection.

Perhaps I should start feeling for dreams that have a precog feel to them. There is definatly more of a "I am in the situation/scene" to dreams turn out to have precog factors.

IP Logged

Shirley

San Antonio
Reply #3 - Jan 24th, 2006 at 5:12am

Quote:
i know, i understand. But shouldnt a precognitve dream by its definition let you know what it was -more or less- all about at the time you have awaken from that dream?

Not necessarily.  I think many of these dreams are simply an "aha" moment thing.  A way to begin trusting yourself, that is. 
A learning experience. 

I mean seriously..what is the use of knowing we would be having vanilla milk in yellow cartons?  Its not a life-changing event for anyone else.  Well..except that people look at me funny now.
Some have suggested a vacation from work and others think its an "evil" thing.

But, for me it reaffirmed a trust in me..and what I do perceive.  A confirmation of information.

To know that something is precog..that perhaps comes later.  It would be important in the big things.

An example:
I had this nightmare the other night.  My daughter's BF was beating her, kicking her when she was on the ground.  I woke up thinking it was real, that it had/will  occur. 

The next time I spoke  with her, I mentioned it.  She then reiterated it to BF.  We all sorta laughed, but I wonder..did my bringing it up avert it in some way?  Now he's aware I know the probability is there?  Wouldn't that be an excellent purpose to a precog dream?

Also, had I not had the yellow milk cartons dream, would I even have considered the possibility that this was more than just a bit of undigested dinner? (to steal a thought from Scrooge)

I like this idea, Matt.  I'll try to participate as things happen.  I'm having a bit of trouble recalling dreams Monday thru Friday.  Alarm clock startles me awake and they fade fast.

IP Logged

Shirley

San Antonio
Reply #4 - Jan 24th, 2006 at 5:22pm

Quote:
how interestiiiing..i am now curious..have you been following the other topic on the off-topic forum? about the male vs female world? Upset thingy?

No?  But I'll go check it out now Grin

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #5 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 10:33am

Greetings PA,
Last night on the news clip of rescue efforts in the Phillipines , a woman with short deep red hair was there helping. Her hair was died punk red, not natural 'carrot-top' orangey. I think her dress was yellow or yellow-green. Was that the woman from your dream?
bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #6 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 3:11pm

Quote:
Another thing..it is a soul destroying work because i think precognition works in odd ways in dream worlds..sometimes i think people just dream about a possibilities from all corners of the world and outer space

What do you mean by 'soul destroying work'?  This really has me confused.

And Bets, yes, I was thinking the same thing about the Philippine's landslide and his dream. Sounds like it to me.

Love, Mairlyn Wink

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #7 - Feb 21st, 2006 at 4:45pm

Hi PA,

OK, it's just that the use of the words 'soul destroying' is what threw me as there's no way to destroy a soul.  Roll Eyes  Wink

Love, Mairlyn Wink

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.