Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Book on Mechanisms of Mental Healtrh (Read 1697 times)
dave_a_mbs

Afterlife Knowledge Member

central california
New Book on Mechanisms of Mental Healtrh
Jan 5th, 2006 at 8:55pm

Psychologists - Sociologists - Regression Workers - Others who just want to know "Why?" - and especially Hypnotherapists

"Developmental Psychopathology" by David P. Armentrout, PhD, is now available from Amazon.Com. It includes 5 hours of DVD lectures on the classical aspects of the topic.

This is a topic that I have lectured on in university graduate classes for psychotherapists, as well as to paraprofessional groups. It is an intrapsychic approach, meaning that it looks at people while they are thinking, and how and what and why, not at lots of experiments on white rats or college sophomores. I got a lot of the examples from my therapy practice, and use the material when I train new hypnotherapists.

This is a study of the reasons people get kinky, and the way that the mind works to make it happen. In comparison to other books of this type, the approach is through illustration of typical mental systems and their operation under feedback, so that problems are viewed in terms of efforts to solve problems that took a wrong turn somewhere.  Also, it covers how to get back on track. There is no techno-blather but there are a lot of pictures that illustrate how the mind handles things.

There is a solid logical basis for the concepts used, starting with a field study, a relatively formal exposition of the process of development of ideas using multi-valued predicate calculus, as well as suggestions for aplication of these ideas in further research, all necessary tables and instructions for researchers, and a Huge keyword Index.

Areas other than the growth of children are included, such as  a sociological proposal for revision of the present correctional system, based on relatively obvious behavioral principles. Use of the same concepts in industry and commerce, and the  application of these same principles in politics and international levels activities is included.

There is nothing specifically directed at the rescue of stuck souls, earthbound spirits, astral projections, out of body experiences, or past life problems. However, all the issues that are covered are found in the everyday practice of hypnotherapists, past life workers, and counselors, and understanding how they occur makes them a lot easier to handle.

If you are looking for a new, quite novel, and extremely clear and direct explanation of the major issues of mental health, this is probable the clearest and most easily understood (pictures instead of words) explanation available enywhere. Besides, I had fun pointing out some of the foibles of our politicians and industrial giants. If you only buy one book on psychopathology in this lifetime, this one should be the one!

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

Rob_Roy

New Hampshire, USA
Re: New Book on Mechanisms of Mental Healtrh
Reply #1 - Jan 6th, 2006 at 2:50pm

Cool. Thanks Dave.

Rob

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.