Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Book about Regression Applications (Read 3540 times)
dave_a_mbs

Afterlife Knowledge Member

central california
New Book about Regression Applications
Dec 26th, 2005 at 8:11pm

Newbies - Curious souls - Hypnotists - Psychotherapists interested in Astral

I have a new book out - "Introduction to Hypnotic Regression". The material covers the same thing as my classes in advanced regression hypnoanalysis. In the process it also covers ways to get into the inner levels of the conscious mind, methods doing regressions into past lives, future lives too, and a substantial amount of information about handling problems that might come up.

The value for newbies is that it covers the linkages between hypnotic methods and meditation. Because the book was intended as a teaching tool for therapists it also includes 10 hours of DVD video stuffed inside its covers. These illustrate the ideas in the book, giving a few hours of hypnosis classes, and a few hours of regression into past lives and the spirit world.

This might not be the best introduction around, but it definitely will give you what you need in order to learn to do regressions, and maybe even to do some good solving problems.

The book is available at www.amazon.com (they're the publishers) where it can be found by looking under my name "David P. Armentrout, PhD" or looking up the title.

I'm available for discussion of any points that seem obscure.

dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

Rob_Roy

New Hampshire, USA
Re: New Book about Regression Applications
Reply #1 - Jan 1st, 2006 at 10:34am

Thanks Dave.

I am in school to eventually be a psychotherapist. I intend to incorporate a transpersonal approach that emphasizes healing and psycho-spiritual transformation. I am interested in regression. I look forward to purchasing your book towards the end of this month.

Rob

IP Logged

PhoenixRa
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 5th, 2006 at 10:38am

Thanks too Dave.

btw Rob, did you know that Carl Jung supposedly used astrology in his work with his patients?

I refound a book which talks about and quotes his writings on an experiment he did to test the validity of astrology where he put together a bunch of charts of couples, not knowing who was with who, and then through traditional comparison techniques tried to figure out who was actually married to who.

Supposedly he scored an amazing 97 percent, and says that it was so accurate, it almost looks as if the data was tampered with.  

Unfortunately the astro. book doesn't source this quoted material from Jung, but as the author Joseph F Goodavage had a rep. for challenging scientists everywhere and any way he could (most wouldn't even accept), i don't think he would have made it up.

The book is called Write Your Own Horoscope if anyone is interested and the reference to Jung's experiment is on page 171.

As an actual astrology book, i'm not a huge fan of it, as the author was way to deterministic for my tastes, and thought freewill was an illusion...yet there are some very interesting tidbits in there about the more scientific glimpses into astrology, like the research that the radio Corp. RCA did a while ago, and they found that there was better reception when the planets were in a Trine geometric relationship (in astrology, this is said to be the most harmonious "aspect), and reception was noted to be the worse when planets were in a square relationship which corresponds to traditional astrology very well, since squares represent friction, challenge, and difficulties.

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

Afterlife Knowledge Member

central california
Reply #3 - Jan 5th, 2006 at 6:09pm

Thanks Rob-

After a fully appropriate 7 years of psych internship I was lucky enough to inherit enough money that I could do the kind of work I wanted, and I abandoned licensed work in psychology for hypnoanalysis. My book speaks directly to this.  It's like psychoanalysis but hundreds of times faster - really.

My only suggestion for your career is to learn intrapsychic psychopathology, not the DSM kind alone. Good luck!

dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

Rob_Roy

New Hampshire, USA
Reply #4 - Jan 6th, 2006 at 3:01pm

Justin,

I am VERY interested in Carl Jung among others. I will get back to him as soon as finish a paper refuting something W. James said with Quantum Mechanics. This could take a while!

Next week I restart school at a double full time rate. So I will be a busy boy.

Dave,

Itrapsychic psycholpathology - got it. Thanks.

Rob

IP Logged

PhoenixRa
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jan 6th, 2006 at 4:48pm

Good luck Brother.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.