Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
What is PUL? (Read 28611 times)
LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
What is PUL?
Dec 15th, 2005 at 1:44pm

I haven't a clue! maybe we could just discuss our ideas and all together come up with new conjectures. basically, it's just an energy to me. theres not steps one thru five to have more of this energy, or give more of this energy to others.
it's sort of like the rain falls on the just and the unjust idea, so that makes it an impersonal energy and then when it enters your being you yourself then make it personal by your interpretation ability.
of course, interpretation of PUL is a vast field to play in for sure, so that the topic may endure for a lifetime. as a matter of fact, Bruce, we may need another room to discuss it in! we could just say we can start with the tolerance idea first. next we could move on with the respect idea. it's more than an emotion, I think we've at least established that much here. so consider it an energetic thing which also produces endorphins in the body so that our earth vacations do become enjoyable passages. sounds good on paper!
it's doable to understand it mentally is all I wish to say, but that if it is your goal to partake of the healing PUL brings, consider it the highest goal of achievement that a person could undertake here, as there are numerous distractions to such a goal.
thankfully, being immortal beings, if u subscribe to such belief and I do, we will eventually understand what we need to, to get to the next level, and we help each other to do it. thank you for everyone's participation in my own growth. love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Re: What is PUL?
Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2005 at 2:32pm

PUL. i dont think is actually real in this dimension. people always think about doing something because it benefits themselves.

Why would you try to create pull on earth? because you expect a reward, you expect to by doing this, "you" will achieve somthing for "yourself".

It's the same thing as religon. If you do this, and do that. "you" will be granted a nice spot in the afterlife/rewards for doing somthing you dont want to.

then comes the problem of oppinion, muslims would say stopping a terrorist attack based upon the principals of ji-had, was wrong. while most other people would say the person who stopped the attack acted out of "PUL".

in the truth of our physical exist is, we do what is best for ourselfs above all things.

a mother who had to choose between saving her child or another womans, would pick her own, for she was thinking of the loss she would feel if it was gone.

we are naturally selfish.

we expect things/rewards for helping others.

i have never seen an act of "PUL", nor do i think i will. i think people can con themselves into thinking there they are acting out of "PUL" but the words pure and unconditional, are often forgotten.

We all balance the odds, play the risks.

If you think a higher power/god will give you brownie points for sacrificing your own life to save, anothers then you are merely helping yourself.

IP Logged

SO

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #2 - Dec 15th, 2005 at 2:37pm

For what its worth…

In my opinion; PUL (at this stage) is offering advice when asked, but allowing people to follow their own path – with out judgement.

This is just my own working definition.

For those who believe no explaination is necessary; For those who do not believe, none is possible.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #3 - Dec 15th, 2005 at 2:51pm

PUL is something you can experience, when you treasure it more than your beliefs. This is true, even if your motive for taking beliefs on in the first place, was to find PUL. I guess life includes some detours.

My feeling is that PUL comes from that which created the universe, and is unlimited in supply.

It is much more than a single layered emotion. It can manifest in different ways.

It also seems to be intelligent, or at least can move a person to think in non-self centered, broad terms.

If you work with it, it'll work with you. You give a little, it graces you with its presence. This added presence enables you to give some more, and the cycle keeps churning on...until...well, I haven't got there yet.

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #4 - Dec 15th, 2005 at 2:55pm

I don't really feel that PUL can be described so that everyone understands. I know what it means to me and I know what it feels like, however.............well, we'll see how this thread goes.

In Spirit of ONE,
Mairlyn Maitreya

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

ap

USA
Reply #5 - Dec 15th, 2005 at 3:45pm

PUL to me is an energy, ranging all the way from a mild, pleasant warmth to a very intense heat.  It could also be called a vibration and many other things.  It seems to emanate from the heart energy or chakra and can be felt in the throat area and head as well although it is still emanating from the heart area at the same time.  At least this has been my experience.  It has little to do with emotion although I have felt emotion as a result.  Strangely enough I have also felt PUL as the result of a loving emotion.  (How's that for confusing).  Guess it is both a cause and a result.  Some people call this God, but there seems to be something unseen which moves this PUL energy and sends it out.  I wonder if THAT is God..hmmmm.   Wink  I did an experiment once in NYC.  I walked down the street wondering if I could send this energy out to people I did not even know and had no emotional attachment to.  I did this until I got tired.  People seemed to be very friendly and many of them smiled at me even though they did not know me.  I found this to be very interesting as most people seemed to be in a hurry at the same time.

IP Logged

uwe
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Dec 15th, 2005 at 3:52pm

To me PUL is the indefinable essence of what we are. The cohese power of the stuff we are made of.

In truth there is only 'one'. Love is all there is.

Uwe x

IP Logged

Rob_Roy

New Hampshire, USA
Reply #7 - Dec 15th, 2005 at 4:26pm

PUL is the highest form of Love, synonomous with God/All There Is. It is an energy. It is a force. It has intelligence. It can be projected to someone from a distance (distance is actually irrelevant) or given to someone personally in an hands-on way for healing or as a way to show someone how much you love them in the deepest way possible that words cannot describe.

It is ultimately what everything is made of, here and there.

It is a subjective experience; describing it circumscribes it at the same time.

It is all emcompassing. It is the meaning of life; it is life itself.

It is how we are all connected, and to be aware of this connection with just one person is still a very beautiful thing.

It should be the goal of all interpersonal relationships. Between say, spouses, it elevates their relationship past the normal, personality (compatibility) based mode to a highly spiritual experience, a light between them and to those around them.

It is mystical, magical, and at the same time as real as anything real can be.

It is the goal, the pinnacle, the apex of spirituality.

It is the barometer of truth.

It is love that is kind, patient, even-tempered, unconditional, pure. It is most often seen in small children. It surpasses emotional or physical love.

I agree that it's most complete and fullest expression cannot be felt while in C1 awareness, but we can experience it in a lucid dream. I did. Even so, we can still experience powerfully while physical and share it with others.

It is a Love that is big enough to make us happy because it isn't diminished by being shared

It is why we are here. To learn PUL. To become as Christ/Bhudda/Krishna - like as possible.

It is the meaning and purpose behind all true religious expression.

Bob
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2005 at 7:13pm by Rob_Roy »  

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

central california
Reply #8 - Dec 15th, 2005 at 4:28pm

Hi Alysia- interesting question!

I'll go with AP and UWE. The essential experience of bhakta yoga is abandonment of the effort to remain isolated in individuality. When that urge to individuate is removed, merger into the One occurs, and everything is understood to be held together by PUL.  Thus, the fanatic who throws a bomb, or the gunner who blows up his home later, and all the rest of humanity are included. To one whose love is truly unconditional, these are all manifestations of the same One.

Now, if you want the explanation to make sense out of all of that you need to go on to jnana yoga - but that's a different story.

dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #9 - Dec 15th, 2005 at 4:51pm

I like everyone's answer..it makes me appreciate this board more! Spitfire, yours is one viewpoint valid also. one way I would account for doing selfish interests is to consider how win-win situations are also rather selfish, but you get my point I'm sure.
Dave, you truly got me curious now about jnana yoga. thanks for the response guys, you're really helping me out a lot.

IP Logged

Sasuke

How many flavours does
it take to kill a man?

Canada
Reply #10 - Dec 15th, 2005 at 5:56pm

I'm inclined to think that PUL is basically just the practice of using the Golden Rule at all times, heh. It's as old as we are, probably older.

~Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?~

IP Logged

Tim F.
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Dec 15th, 2005 at 7:09pm

I like almost all these replys. But spitfire, your icon still makes me laugh. I know what it is! It's a little green bug doing 'cloud hands', the ancient taoist excercise, gathering life force... yeah! I like that!

For now I feel like Mairlyn, I know what it means to me and what it feels like but how to describe what I experience so everyone could understand?

It's energy.

Everybody understand?

(No, that didn't work....)

It's the highest energy.

(naw, that doesn't communicate)

Actually, all your answers are better descriptions than I can come up with at this moment.
Bob's, Recoverer's, ap's, all of youse guys...

thanks for giving, it makes a difference to me.

And Alysia, you're a gem for being here and starting this thread.

Much love to you all, Tim

IP Logged

Raz
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Dec 15th, 2005 at 7:25pm

I agree with spitfire the most.  I have said it before that pul is an invention.  And with berserkers help i think i got a working definition where pul is an invention based on fear.
Pul also coincides with the illusion of an 'ascended to spirituality.'

So .  
1)the understanding of love is usually pretty wishy washy and held in a positive light in the face of the fears of a negative, within the absurd concept of pul.
2) pul itself is a contradictory and invented state of denial, and a safety mechanism triggered from those fears from 1.
3) i forgot what three is

oh three, is for you define love without using any conditions to define that love.
thats a tricky request.  But you cant do it so dont call love unconditional.

In fact, i have seen a lot of conditions already, especially from rob roy...

IP Logged

Rob_Roy

New Hampshire, USA
Reply #13 - Dec 15th, 2005 at 8:21pm

Nice try, Raz.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #14 - Dec 15th, 2005 at 8:33pm

Quote:
I'm inclined to think that PUL is basically just the practice of using the Golden Rule at all times, heh. It's as old as we are, probably older.

______

in the interest of my KISS philosophy I really like how Sasuke sums it up to treat others as you would like to be treated; if a person really lives this way, some amazing things happen in that life. thanks Sasuke.

I was wondering if anyone here wanted to share personal experience of any old little story where somebody put a smile on your face maybe, and this made your day? anyway, I'm a good listener. love, alysia

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.