Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A Little Ghost (Read 5804 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
A Little Ghost
Aug 29th, 2005 at 9:27pm

Something worth sharing...

Recently I've been reminded of an experience I had two years ago.  Looking back, I realize this was a type of retrieval, even though at the time I did not know about retrievals and didn't really know what I was doing.  Mostly, I was just trying to keep my sanity.

I had a strange experience that started happening while I was at work, and kept happening night after night for probably a couple weeks.  I used to work nights at the hospital and usually I was by myself or with just one other person.  Most people who work nights at a hospital eventually end up with a ghost story to tell.  Here's mine.

I was sitting at my computer typing when I suddenly felt someone walk up from behind and stand by my right side.  I saw something out of the corner of my eye which made me quickly turn but no one was there.  Even though I didn't see anyone with my eyes, instantly in my mind I got the clear picture of a little girl who was about 2-3 years old.  She was very pretty, all dolled up in either a dark green or black dress that was velvety, had ruffles, and had a big bow in the back.  She had blond hair that was styled very elegantly, as if her mother took lots of care to curl and style it.  She looked way too fancy for a little girl, and I got the feeling that she was dressed up for either a party or for a photograph.   

The vision in my mind was strong and completely out of the blue.  I didn't know what to think of it.  The feeling of someone standing next to me was unmistakable and gave me the shivers.  I had no choice but to keep working so I did.  The next night at work it happened again exactly the same way.  Suddenly I felt someone beside me, saw something out of the corner of my eye, but when I turned I saw nothing.  I was left with the same picture of the little girl in my mind.  I definitely felt as if she was trying to get my attention but I didn't know why or what to do.  It always happened the same way, and I never got any more information about this little "ghost" of mine.  After several times I wasn't scared anymore but I was definitely getting annoyed. 

I reasoned that either this was all fake and my mind was playing tricks on me, or this actually was the spirit of a little girl who needed my help.  Since I had no way to prove either, I decided I would treat it as if she were real and that I had to help her.  So at home one day I decided to just use my imagination and make up a visualization in my mind of helping this lost spirit.  From this point on, all of this was made up in my imagination because I didn't know what else to do.  Here's what I did: 

I lied on my bed and closed my eyes, and made up in my mind that this little girl was coming to me because she wanted someone's help in "going to the light".  That is what everyone called it so that's what I was going to call it.  I thought, well maybe she is stuck because her parents are grieving and she just wants them to know that she is all right.  So I made up in my mind that if I told her parents she was all right, then that would put her at ease and she could move on.  Since I didn't know how to do this and didn't know who her family was, I just pretended in my mind that they lived in the house across the street from me.  I figured it was as good as any, especially since I knew I was making it all up anyway.  So I imagined myself walking up to that house, knocking on the door, and getting inside to talk with the parents.  I imagined that they were grieving so much that they didn't think it was strange that I asked to come in to talk to them.  I imagined that I could see photographs of the little girl in their house, the way she looked all dolled up. I imagined myself telling them that I had the ability to communicate with people who have died, and that I had had contact with their little girl and that she wanted me to tell them that she was all right.  I imagined that everything I was telling them made them feel better and was just what they needed to hear, and that it made the girl's spirit satisfied so that she could move on.  I imagined that she did move on and that I had helped her with this process. 

When I was done I felt satisfied.  And as it turned out, I never did see or feel her again.  I have thought about her often but she has never come to me again.

Vicky    

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Re: A Little Ghost
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2005 at 10:46pm

This sounds like a great retrieval to me. Especially since you kept feeling her and after your 'imagined' retrieval, you didn't feel her anymore. Great work Vicky. Wink

Love, Mairlyn Wink

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2005 at 11:09pm

I loved the way you told this Vicky and the way the little girl was perceived so clearly by you as an image. I believe it was thought transference from her to you and it sounds as if you had success. it's so easy to brush the imagination off as nothing, but the results speak for themselves...we'll never know how much linear time (our time) a wee one walked those halls until she found someone sensitive enough to pick her up. I appreciate the telling and I'm sure many others do. ...

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2005 at 9:28am

Thanks Mairlyn and Alysia!  Thanks to everyone here, I have learned to not be afraid to talk about my experiences here because I know I will get encouragement, support, and insight on this board. 

Love to you all!
Vicky

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2005 at 2:24pm

Yes, Vicky, I too appreciate it! It's a kind of natural way you did it; not the "Go off! There are no ghosts!"- way, but to tune into the situation and solve it in a careful and loving way.
And, btw, those experiences with little children, it's something special, isn't it?
bye, spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2005 at 2:52pm

Spooky, yes I love kids.  I am drawn to them and them to me I guess. 

Next time I get the chance to have any such kind of experience I must remember to have the presence of mind to ask questions, or try to get more in tune with feeling information coming in.  It is a process that takes work and requires action.  I can't wait to have more chances, whether it comes natural or through my trying to do a retrieval.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #6 - Aug 30th, 2005 at 3:00pm

Hi Vicky,
I think: You had a retrieval with some good imagination work PLUS You want to do more retrievals and you have set specific aims for yourself PLUS you are here on this site with its informations and support MEANS you will do it!!
bye, spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

jkeyes

Tucson,Az
Reply #7 - Aug 30th, 2005 at 3:11pm

Vicky,

I too loved hearing of your experience.  You didn't even have to go OBE or anything fancy, just a willingness to us your imagination when being presented with something unusual. Times are a' changin' when plain old folks like you and I can have experiences like this and share them with so many.

Love and admiration and thanks, Jean Kiss

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.