Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20
Send Topic Print
Swedenborg: Father of Astral Projection (Read 206365 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Re: Swedenborg: Father of Astral Projection
Reply #75 - Sep 13th, 2005 at 7:17pm

Don,

Have you considered just writing a book about all this instead of using Bruce's web site to do all your talking?

Maybe you can just go start your own website and message board.

I'm offended by your remarks, especially what you say about Bruce because this is his site!!!!!! 

I know you don't care what I think, but why do you keep coming here and keep this thread going?  It seems you don't have anywhere else to do this, and if people keep reading your posts you are just going to keep doing it aren't you? 

Am I the only one annoyed right now?

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

george stone

Reply #76 - Sep 13th, 2005 at 7:48pm

Yes Don.Why dont you go somewhere else,and take sweedenborg with you.This is bruces website.We have are our own ideas about the afterlife.George

IP Logged

Berserk

Reply #77 - Sep 13th, 2005 at 9:01pm

George,

Why not leave this site and take Swedenborg with me?  That's like asking this question about a survey course in American History: Why give  George Washington credit for his role in the American Revolution?   I have continued to post because of the potential for supporting the few members of this site who are actually open to alternative perspectives.  I have gotten a lot of support by "private message" and E-mail; so I know I'm fulfilling my purpose.

I also want to expose the immaturity of many posters on this site who pride themselves in being open-minded, but cannot tolerate radically different perspectives that they clearly find threatening.  I offer reasons and experiences to justify all my contentions.  Few of my arguments are ever critiqued head on.  Instead, people ignorantly attack my motives and my character.  It never occurs to them that they can simply ignore posts that challenge their belief system.  I delight in exposing their shallow pretention to loving harmony.  But my critics are right about one thing: I don't give a bleep about what they think.

Don

P.S. Don't worry though. I'm tired of the lack of meaningful engagement with the real issues of astral projection and retrievals.  So when I complete my pre-planned purposes for my two threads, I will gladly vanish in a pink mist over the hill and leave the site to its gushing groupies.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #78 - Sep 13th, 2005 at 9:31pm

Don,

I am sorry that you feel attacked.  I am not trying to sound that way.  My questions to you are sincere ones that you haven't answered. 

I am not threatened by anything you've said.  I don't know if you've read any of my stories about my experiences...have you?  I have plenty of my own personal experiences to tell me what I know to be true, so that is why I can't be threatened.  I suppose you don't believe a word I have said about my own experiences do you?  It doesn't matter to me one way or the other.   

Your experiences are your reality, mine are mine.  Why do we have to prove anything to each other?  Why do you want me or anyone to critique your arguements head on?  You can believe whatever you want, that's fine. 

Why don't you tell us some of your experiences?  You said you have had so many, so can you give us some in detail...like as much detail as you use to write about ES? 

I feel from your threads that you want to change beliefs here on this Board.  Is this a need you have, to change our minds? 

I am asking you honest questions, what is your obsession with this thread?  Why do you feel you need to finish a "pre-planned" purpose?  It sounds kind of arrogant of you to say you have a purpose to support others on this matter and then you will leave once your purpose is served.  Why not just stay and read and answer other threads here?  Is there nothing else here that interests you?

What lack of meaningful engagement are you referring to?  What is lacking here?  What are the real issues of astral projection and retrievals that you are referring to? 

Vicky
PS--If by "immaturity" you are referring to me, yes I admit I'm immature, I love cartoons, ice cream, and sleeping in, but I'm also honest, sincere, and kind.  If I have sounded unkind then I'm honestly sorry.  I am not trying to argue. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #79 - Sep 13th, 2005 at 9:37pm

Don said:
"So when I complete my pre-planned purposes for my two threads, I will gladly vanish in a pink mist over the hill and leave the site to its gushing groupies."

Yawn.  Oh, I'm just having the worst time staying awake through all of this.  Someone poke me in the arm when everyone is done here, would you?  Hmmmn, time for some shuteye.

love, blink

IP Logged

Berserk

Reply #80 - Sep 13th, 2005 at 10:51pm

Vicky,

I've shared more paranormal experiences on this site over the years than anyone I know.  I don't like to repeat myself, but sometimes feel compelled to do so.  If you don't know the basis issues of astral projection I'm addresssing, you haven't been reading much of my threads.   Your response just drips with insincerity.

As for your own experiences, I've read a few and failed to see their relevance to the issues that concern me.  So I do the polite thing you and Blink can't seem to do--I overlook your threads.  I suggest you do the same with mine.  Either do that or actually read through my two threads and actually address the issues I raise.    

Fuzzy Quark was an honest British seeker who just asked for consistency: he wanted Bruce or those who use his method to respond to his modest challenge and earn $2,000 for doing so.  He would supply some simple objective information about his recently deceased uncle and ask the wannabe astral adepts here to contact his uncle and ask him 4 verifiable questions like: What's the name of his favorite restaurant?  ES repeatedly demonstrated his ability to do this sort of thing, even to the point of ruling out ESP as a possible explanation.  So if neither Bruce nor RAM nor anyone here can duplicate this feat, why not?  And if verifiable information can almost never be gleaned from retrievals, why not?  Without verification, why would a rational person consider them real?  My own highly emotional retrieval of Janet, an ex-girlfriend who committed suicide, seems just as vivid and detailed as this site's reported retrievals.  Yet I'm certain that my own retrievals and OBEs are nothing more than wishful thinking.  So without Swedenborgian calibre verifications, why should I treat as genuine retrievals that sound no more impressive than my own? 

For years, grieving members of this site have asked for astral help.  They wanted someone to contact their deceased loved one and provide comforting verification.  They were rather consistently told to make the contact themselves, even though they lacked this skill and what they really needed was a compassionate demonstration that it could be done.  I know because of complaints I privately received about how such a request was treated.  I'm sure that most of them would have paid a considerable fee for this service.  I think the honest answer was this: sorry, no one here has the capabiilty you request.

All I hoped for was (1) a careful analysis of why their request could not be satisfied and (2) an exploration of alternative procedures that might rectify this situation.  Then when I discover someone (ES) who really could do this consistently, I'm told to take my interest in ES elsewhere.  If ES is far more skilled at contacting the dead than others, why not give his experience-based arguments against reincarnation careful attention, especially when they are independently confirmed by classical mediums.  After all, ES lived prior to the modern New Age consensus that might otherwise have biased his perspectives.  Wow, threatened seekers are really close-minded!  And blink, your boorishness in the face of an honest spiritual quest is breath-taking. 

Don

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #81 - Sep 14th, 2005 at 5:01am

Don,

How can you say you've had experiences but don't believe they were real?  How can you say you've had an OBE but you don't believe it was real.  Or have experienced a retrieval but you think it was bogus?  If you don't trust your own experiences then you don't trust your own conscious awareness OR you simply did not actually experience what you have claimed to have experienced.  Your conscious awareness is your proof. 

What everyone else is trying to promote on this board is that each of us has the ability to find his own proof, and that can only be done by using one's own consciousness or conscious awareness and having his own experiences.  Paying someone to tell you something is not as important (or the same thing) as having the experience for yourself. 

No one will be able to present you with proof of anything, Don.  Only you can do that for yourself. 

Why are you afraid to try?  Why can't you trust your own conscious awareness?  Perhaps you only think you've had such experiences, but they were merely dreams.  Why not keep trying then so you can use your OWN experiences to back up your beliefs?

Have you actually tried whatever ES's methods are and had success?  THAT would be far more impressive if you have.  THAT is something I would like to hear. 

We aren't sitting here talking about Bruce over and over and over and saying boy we sure wish we could do what he does.  We say that we actually DO what he does.  And you don't believe a word of it.  So I'm asking again, what have you learned from ES that you have tried for yourself and succeeded with?  What is DON'S method of astral this or astral that? 

That is where you will find your proof Don, but you need to be seeking it in yourself.

Sincerely,
Vicky

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #82 - Sep 14th, 2005 at 5:11am

Don, the information you provide here is always interesting.  What is boring and not boorish of me to notice is fruitless insulting of other members here who do actually provide consistent encouragement to new members.  Name calling doesn't help anyone on this board, and you have done quite a bit of that. 

Your quest and those of your private friends is not the only thing happening here and as a newer member it is not helpful to me or anyone else to read these kinds of exchanges.  That is not the reason people come here.

I don't think my comment was so breathtaking, really, do you?  I personally enjoy the information you provide, just as I enjoy Kyo and many others, and also the daily personal exchanges here on the board.  But I don't feel obliged to ignore consistent belittling of others here.  Sorry.

love, blink

IP Logged

Rog_B

Reply #83 - Sep 14th, 2005 at 11:05am

I think the most valuable lesson that Don imparts is to challenge the status quo, and to encourage us to at least explore other possibilities.  In fact, that is really the essence of learning to begin with. 

I personally think colleges should spend less time drumming in dates and places of wars and names of kings and queens (which can be committed to memory and then forgotten after the exam) and more time teaching students how to think.  That is an ability that serves us for a lifetime.

Ok, so here we are on Bruce's website which was originally started to impart and exchange information on retrievals.  But in fact, the number of posts on retrievals goes down year after year.  Why is that?  And does that mean we are "dissing" Bruce when we post things that have nothing to do with retrievals?  Apparently not as long as we observe the posting guidelines.

Fact is, no one has a monopoly on afterlife information.  I have read many theories and outright statements on the afterlife that are full of inconsistencies and contradictions.  So if Don posts something that challenges conventional thinking, and if the website moderator considers it to be Off Topic, it will be sent there.

Don's posts, however, are left where they are posted.  Which means, even tho some folks get upset with what he writes or how he phrases things, his posts nevertheless are deemed to be relevant to exploration of the afterlife.

I don't think we want a conversation board that resembles just cheerleading whatever point of view happens to be prevalent. 

And finally, it's wrong to say Don hasn't given us examples of his own experiences.  Over the past few years he has given many, and they are both compelling and personal.  They are also thought provoking.

I hope Don stays with the ak board, and for those of you who are somehow offended by what he says or how he says it, why not just skip over it?  I can admit there are a few long-term posters on the board that I skip over, but I would never be so presumptious as to say that they should leave. 

Ultimately that is Bruce's call.

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #84 - Sep 14th, 2005 at 11:23am

Not to belabor the point, Don and Roger, but calling people "groupies" or "cultish" is something people are just not going to overlook.  You are intelligent enough to know that...If you want proof that's great.  But why the attitude?  No one is interested in that.  Don has stated that he values logic over intuition, but intuition is there for a reason.

love, blink

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #85 - Sep 14th, 2005 at 11:26am

Donald, over the years you have taught me many things. First and foremost is that your EGO is all that matters to you. You may not even be conscious of that fact, but a fact it is. It shows in every post you do where you put down Bruce and RAM and all of us 'groupies' (your words, not mine).  Give a man a fish and he eats one meal. Teach him to fish and he feeds the village. RAM and Bruce and many of us teach how to go to the afterlife. We don't do it for others (unless it's a personal request). But you are so caught up in your EGO, your creditionals and Swedenberg, that you won't let anything else through into that thick EGO of yours. What is your EGO protecting you from?  The truth. You are so afraid to find out for yourself and find out that so much of what you believe is not true and that would be the end of Donald. You would have a belief system crash so big that you are afraid you wouldn't come out of it. And I'm sure that the purpose of this life of yours is to get rid of the EGO which has probably been your biggest enemy in every past life.

You have talked a lot about listening to the Gateway Experience tapes which you can never get around to. You don't need them. You have had experiences yourself that you now don't believe. Go within Donald. Make peace with yourself.

I firmly believe that this board's crash came about because of the negative energies that you created here. Yes, energy can do that. I'm not the only one who believes this.

I have written this out of love, not hate. I don't know what it takes to get through to you so I imagine that you will just plod along with your same mindset and make most of us miserable. I hope not, I pray not, I pray that you will wake up and smell the roses and let go of that EGO. The EGO is a survival mechanism, always trying to keep us on top. Let go and become selfless and loving.

With Much Love, Mairlyn

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Berserk

Reply #86 - Sep 14th, 2005 at 1:09pm

Marilyn,

Robert Bruce's board crashed too and I don't post there anymore.  So don't blame me for the board's crash.  Your willingness to do so just justifies the "cultic" mentality that prevails on this site.  If you loathe the term, then learn how to think rationally.  When you espouse the view that intelligent beings inhabit the earth's core, at least try to reconcile this with modern geological discoveries about the earth's center.  When you claim to blow a puff of PUL to retrieve hundreds, yea, thousands of Nazi death camp victims, at least recognize (1) the question of why these poor souls would not have already been retrieved  by other death camp victims and caring souls during the 60 intervening years, (2) the question of why othere so-called retrievals are supposedly performed without PUL, and (3) the question of why a vicious woman like you can even pretend to uniquely channel pure unconditional love at will.  If you really thought I had a big ego, do you really imagine it is loving to avoid the real issues and accuse me of that?

Then explain why I should not expect Bruce and his disciples to just occasionally respond to posters' grief and try to retrieve their deceased loved ones---especially (a) when Swedenborg demonstrated that this can easily be done at will and (b) when Bruce makes provocative statements like this:

"That [his astral] work could be the retrieval of a specific deceased person."  "Contact and communication with those in the Afterlife is as easy as thinking about them." "In Focus 27 anything imaginable can be brought into being."

A few verified on-demand retrievals might inspire millions, including myself, to pursue this ability with passion.  Oh, and I offer no apology for discussing someone (ES) who really could do this on demand and took no money for doing so.  What could be more "cultic" than the desire to stifle this great news and an inquiry into how he learned to do it?

As for my criticisms of the Monroe-Moen claims, the cultic mentality of their followers is eloquently demonstrated by their inability to sense the absurdity of (1) astral aliens who look like comedian W.C. Fields, and come here to collect jokes, not to explore human genetics, (2) RAM's reincarnation memories of cave man pilots flying their machine into the teeth of spears from rival cave men; (3) and reincarnation memories of Catholic priests demanding that an earlier incarnation of RAM rape Nancy, his last wife, as part of his priestly initiation.   Is there no limit to your gullibility?  Apparently not.  So I actually believe I'm doing you a big favor by rubbing your nose in it.  I feel no more intelligent for doing so than someone who patiently tries to explain why cultists are wrong to think that the Apollo moon landings were faked in a New Mexico hangar.

Don

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #87 - Sep 14th, 2005 at 1:16pm

Beserk:

Do you "actually" believe that people need you to set them straight? And do you believe that long logical arguments, with all kinds of examples, are going to do the trick?

Once a person lets go of fear based concepts and allows his or herself to be influenced by the wisdom and clarity of his or her heart, there is no way that he or she will be set off course by a long fear based argument.

I think you're barking up the wrong tree. And I wouldn't be surprised if the person or two who supports you on this thread, knows you.

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #88 - Sep 14th, 2005 at 1:41pm

Goodbye Don,   

Thank you for the refresher course you have given me:

Knowledge is not the same thing as Wisdom (101). 
I believe I have now completed this section.  I will always appreciate the effort you have put into it.

best to you, blink

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #89 - Sep 14th, 2005 at 2:27pm

Amen!  Smiley

[quote author=blink
Knowledge is not the same thing as Wisdom (101).  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.