Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Marijuana & Astral Projection (Read 11226 times)
blackdot
Ex Member

Marijuana & Astral Projection
Apr 15th, 2005 at 6:30pm

Can Marijuana be useful in trying to astral project?

I know from personal experiance I can gain a better state of relaxation when I smoke. Can this bad to try to project under the influence of marijuana?

Thanks in advanced

IP Logged

Nje

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Marijuana & Astral Projection
Reply #1 - Apr 16th, 2005 at 8:50am

Drug-induced projections are said to be potentially very dangerous.  I've heard from Robert Bruce, one of the best astral projectors out there, it's random nature could give you an experience in a hellish realm that would take away your sanity for the rest of your life.

Stick with other techniques for inducing trances.

IP Logged

Tim Furneaux
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 16th, 2005 at 9:56am

Hi Blackdot, welcome to the board!  The problem with marijuana is that it inhibits the memory, making it harder to remember dreams and other non-physical experience in the night. That is definitely not useful... There are gentle ways of using your attention that can help you enter into deep relaxation while remaining alert.  Getting rid of expecting immediate results can be helpful. Sometimes there's a tension there that takes away from the necessary relaxation. (We need to relax mental muscles too)  I always use the energy breathing taught by Bruce Moen and Robert Monroe as a preliminary excercise, it gets juices flowing....  Yeah friend, if you want to explore conscious obes, marijuana is an obstacle, it's better not to make a habit of using it. Not because it's inherently 'bad', just that it doesn't help in cultivating obes.  Best to you, Tim

IP Logged

blackdot
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 16th, 2005 at 11:24am

Oh wow, maybe this is why I cannot project at night?

I get close I feel like in some aspects but I loose it quick, thank you for all your useful replies! Smiley

blackdot

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #4 - Apr 16th, 2005 at 4:54pm

If you do learn to astrally project under the influence of drugs, then that will become the only way that you can accomplish it.   It will become a necessity.  Bruce talked about this in his Guidebook when he was explaining State Specific Memory.   There's a story about a guy who studied while stoned on pot.  The problem came when he realized he could only remember the material if he was stoned on pot.  Bruce named it "stoned on pot consciousness". 

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

blackdot
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 16th, 2005 at 5:21pm

Well I have been smoking for over 4 years, every day basis, I am not looking to stop only  because I do not want to have to project under the influence. Smiley

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

central california
Reply #6 - Apr 16th, 2005 at 5:37pm

Hi Blackdot-

After 40 years effort I have been unable to project under the influence of marijuana. Yogis use pot to gain copntrol of muscles  (for example, try wiggling your ears) and to learn to focus consciousness in meditation. For those who are Really Uptight it acts like a mental laxative, and they begin to open up. The only drugs that really seem to assist projection are the ones that also put you in some risk of staying permanently projected. These are also the ones that typically produce unexpected visits to places that most of us prefer not to go. You might get some more info from the Lycaeum, but after going to my own version of hell (BST for sure) on several occasions I've come to the conclusion that this is a relatively low yield area for investigation, unless you are Really Motivated. In that case, you can do it through bhastrika (yoga bellows breath) and related kundalini techniques without risking life, limb or sanity. 

Have you worked through Bruce's fifth book/CD collection? That might be all you need. It isn't dramatic, but it seems quite competent for its purpose.

dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

blackdot
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Apr 16th, 2005 at 5:40pm

" Have you worked through Bruce's fifth book/CD collection? That might be all you need. It isn't dramatic, but it seems quite competent for its purpose."

No. Infact, I have yet to purchase any of his books though every day I would like to. As a matter of fact...

Ex Member opens amazon.com

Ill order them now, thanks.

blackdot

IP Logged

jkeyes

Tucson,Az
Reply #8 - Apr 17th, 2005 at 7:39pm

Hey blackdot,

I was just reading Bruce's March '05 newsletter on Chap. 4: State Specific Memory-Editorial Comments on Some Implications...  I think that it might answer your question about the use of pot for afterlife exploration.

Jean

IP Logged

Mr_Satan
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Apr 17th, 2005 at 10:53pm

There is a way to learn to remember things experienced during exploration under the influence of mj.  You make mental notes during the experience to remember those experiences.  It works for me, and i have a lousy memory in the ordinary state.  Another thing you can do, is actually write down stuff while still under the influence.

Mr Satan

IP Logged

Chris

Reply #10 - Apr 18th, 2005 at 11:42am

Quote:
Can Marijuana be useful in trying to astral project?

I know from personal experiance I can gain a better state of relaxation when I smoke. Can this bad to try to project under the influence of marijuana?

Thanks in advanced

I've only had one experience where I OOBEd after smoking something. And that was hash. and also years ago. But the experience was neither positive nor negative, it just lead to an OOBE.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.