Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dreams,or past lifes (Read 3980 times)
george stone

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Dreams,or past lifes
Feb 27th, 2005 at 9:15pm

I guess you all have had this experience.I have often dreamed of meeting people that I know while dreaming,only to wake up to find that I realy dont know them at all.Yet in the dream they are friends of mine.My question is,what is going on here.Is it a dream or a past life.Any thoughts.George

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

Afterlife Knowledge Member

central california
Re: Dreams,or past lifes
Reply #1 - Feb 27th, 2005 at 11:30pm

Without giving a straight answer, it seems useful to point out that the faculty of the mind to create an image based upon collections of incoming data, our "imagination", is the tool by which past lives are generally "seen". We feed it some impressions, and residual qualities in us that arrived through prior interactions add to them to more or less re-create the past. There is always a little "noise", but also a lot of truth.

Given those ideas, if you use use any meditative technique to focus on the "familiar strangers" and start getting a consistent scenario, you'll be able to answer your own question. For example, you might be interested i Bruce's Afterlife Knowledge book and CD set, that can, if used properly, lead you into that space. Alternatively, you could seek out a past life therapist and ask them to guide a regression to the source of the dream content, but that's less fun.

dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

Firequeen
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 28th, 2005 at 12:03pm

I also have dream places that are familar and visit often.  A thought on this, we have many lifes occurring  in the same time frame, you could even be living next door to a part of your own self, so the familar people could be your friends in this life time of another incarnation of yourself.  Aloha

IP Logged

dream_girl3
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 28th, 2005 at 1:17pm

I'm new here - so I hope that this message is fitting for this subject.  It's just that the mention of dreams suddenly urged me to share an experience that occurred only yesterday.
My mother died just over 3 weeks ago and as we were so very close (she also being my best friend) obviously the grief is horrendous that I feel.
However yesterday whilst 'watching' tv for no apparent reason I suddenly drifted into a day dream that was so incredibly evocative it was almost redolent.  I had a 'vision' suddenly of the most peaceful English village set in 50s/60s with a quiet road leading down to the sea - and on either sides of the road were the most lovely 'chocolate box' houses I have ever seen.  I imagined myself walking down the road and a tea shop with an old fashioned 'Cream Teas' sign outside was on the left of the road on the pavement.    I walked into the cafe and could almost smell the aroma of strong tea and scones!  To my amazement I saw my mother (who was 83 when she died) sitting at a table on her own looking exactly as she did 30 years or so ago - only a lot healthier!  I imagined myself sitting down - and although I was still stunned - she wasn't in the slightest bit surprised.  She told me she had been waiting for me - I said 'that must have been a long time' - she answered 'no - not at all - I arrived here yesterday - and I knew you would be here today".
I finally came to 'my senses' and was so stricken by the seemingly reality of the daydream - that I just broke down and cried. 
You see my mother and I live(d) in England. It was always my mothers wish to oneday live by the sea in such a place.  Naively or not I took this place as her chosen 'heaven'. 
Maybe it was wishful thinking - maybe just part of the grief pattern - but I wasn't asleep when this 'dream' came to me - and I was so overwhelmed whilst the 'daydream' was upon me - and it was so real.
I don't know if anyone else has had anything like this happen to them.....

IP Logged

Tim Furneaux
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 28th, 2005 at 2:38pm

Welcome to the board dream girl!    The experience you describe is real; you can have full confidence in your own feelings about it. Your mother looking younger than her age at the time of passing is a common thing....Now that your mother has contacted you ( and more importantly, YOU met her there), look for further contact. Keep a journal of your dreams at night. This helps to get a clear rememberance of them going.  Those in spirit often visit through our dreams. There is a wealth of information on this site ( you've come to the right place!), click on some of the articles at the top, underneath the "Afterlife Knowledge" banner. Other folks will respond to this thread, come back and look for other responses.  And do keep us posted on further developments. Best to you my friend, Tim

IP Logged

Lilforestmusic
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 28th, 2005 at 2:59pm

Hi, Dream. Just reading what you posted moved me even more.  The experience you had is so beautiful.  I have read about others having this type of experience or very similiar to yours.  It reminded me of a college course I took that covered some of this, along with OBEs ect.  Very exciting.   I openly accept that every moment has a purpose and everything IS reality.   L

IP Logged

Firequeen
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 28th, 2005 at 4:08pm

Dream girl, you should feel peace knowing your mother is fulfillling her dream in this life in the afterlife.When our disires and visions of what we want in this life are strong, yet unfullfilled at pysical death, often we create it in afterlife. What a blessing to visit her there. I always take it as a GOOD sign when they look healtier and more beautiful they were. Some folks in the afterlife are still sick or unhappy/unable to speak.  What a good vision/visit, be happy for your mother! aloha

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #7 - Mar 3rd, 2005 at 1:36pm

George, I feel these are either people you know from past lives or people you know in your many multidimensional lives that are going on now. I often, just as I am dropping off to sleep, start having conversations with people that I don't know in this life. Wink

Dreamgirl, yes I feel this was a valid vision of your mother now and you are so fortunate to have had this and KNOW that she is doing fine. I send you my condolences and love. Wink

Much Love, Mairlyn  Cheesy

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Vanessa Keeler
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Mar 6th, 2005 at 2:10pm

I too have had dreams of people I know in waking life, who are not "friends" as such, but are very close friends or relatives in my dream. 

Also, my father died 2 weeks ago, and my 6-year old daughter had a dream the day after his funeral where he invited her to visit "heaven".  Said he was very handsome and could see in her dream, and was 42 years of age (he was 90 when he diedand had been blind for over a year) and he introduced her to my and my husband's grandparents and lots of his old friends and relatives.  It was a very detailed description and obviously very vivid as she recalled tremendous detail.  She said that everyone was very beautiful or handsome and healthy.  People asked her why she was there if she wasn't dead and she told them that grandad was showing her around!  She also met the mother of a neighbour who is 100 and still alive, but apparently goes to visit "there" sometimes. I won't describe everything she said as it would take too long, but it certainly convinced me that my dad had been in contact, and it was also very comforting to my mother when she told her.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.