Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Breaking through old karmic patterns (Read 4343 times)
Kyo
Ex Member

Breaking through old karmic patterns
Feb 25th, 2005 at 3:41am

The following is a post I made in a discussion with a friend, on the topic of "breaking through old karmic patterns".

The url of the discussion thread :
http://infinity.hispeed.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1109037582/0#5

>>> as sensitive/gifted as they were, telling people stuff like that without proper explanation, tact and compassion, explaining that certain behavioural patterns are unconscious DOES tend to create ill feelings...  <<<

Yes. Without a suitable degree of skill, wisdom, training and (most importantly) the willingness for this, on the part of the psychic reader or healer, potentially many of such 'psychic readings' or 'healing sessions', could well be well meaning (or sometimes not), but often end up doing more harm than good.

It's like if someone has cancer, an unhelpful doctor would say, "I see a hell lot of pain and suffering coming your way, and there's nothing you can do about it, and in the end you will die a horrible, agonizing death", while a helpful doctor might offer, "Would you like to hear some suggestions you could explore that might be helpful to your situation?"

It's tricky, but all it takes is the willingness and the effort (to set ego aside and to work honestly and cooperatively with the guides & helpers), and with sufficient experience, every psychic reader or healer can have the skill to come across in a positive, helpful way, as T has done.

>>> They have this thing about telling people, "Oh btw your energy centre is low or corded with a cord of attachment because you have sacrificed some dignity to certain..... of your close relatives." I mean, THAT is TOTAL BS! I sort of bumped into them at the local psychic fair at last year Oct and they did a past life reading for me, which I now think is .... well,..... inaccurate to say the least... <<<

Such individuals and methods, are doing themselves and the profession, as well as to the client, an unfortunate disservice. This is why psychic readings and healings are, in general, not recommended, unless you have first checked out the reader or healer in question, and have positive, reliable references that agrees with your intuition (see "Hilarion Reading")

>>> Well, I gave myself the following reasons:
1. Bored
2. Wanna see how the nicer healers were doing
3. I am still searching for this lady healer whom I met some months ago <<<

Well, now you know your *real* reasons Wink

>>> T said, "They (his angels and guides) tell me that you are living out a karmic pattern where you go around challenging these people.... that is why you feel drawn to such places and people......They also say that you know why you are doing this."  Well, there is truth to his words. I said, "Well... its not that I wanna challenge them cos I wanna challenge them... its cos I REALLY REALLLY REALLLY HATE......." "Charlatans..." he said. "Yes they said so.... and they said you should stop the witchhunt and that you are very close to breaking the karmic cycle." <<<

Yes, I had a feel of this in my conversations with you, for instance, regarding the 'elven community'. It is a karmic cycle/pattern that is no longer useful to you, evolutionarily, which is why I had suggested (in our icq and e-mail conversations) you might like to leave this pattern (break out of the karmic cycle), by asking yourself why do you really really really hate charlatans (or the like), and what you can learn (from yourself) from this.

There must have been (there always is) a good (significant) reason for your hatred of charlatans to begin with, with roots in some emotionally charged event many lifetimes ago, and likely repeated in some form, several times across the lifetimes in between, up to the present.

But whatever the reason was, that started this, now is the time (now that you've lucidity regarding this issue), to break through (ie. graduate) from this karmic pattern that (otherwise) you would have locked yourself in.

[ ok, at this point, Hawk, I want to say that the following may or may not be relevant to you, it is just incidental that I'm using your post to share the following perspective with the rest of the readers, ty ]

This unaviodable tendency, of karmic self-mimicry (copying the patterns of one's past lives), plauges us all. This is the reason why, seemingly, pple make the same mistakes over and over again, encounter the same suffering over and over again, across their series of lifetimes.

Yes, this is related to karma, but no, it is NOT punishment, as those more inclined towards fear and dogma might pressupose. What it is, is simply that the soul simply does not know how else to better go about dealing with the issues, and out of a lack of clarity, not knowing any better, continues the same patterns, the same emotions, the same mistakes, the same sufferings, over and over again.

It is that the need in the soul remains, and thus from the need in the soul, energetically attracts and manifests physically the events that could give the soul opportunities to evolve, in regards to the issues in question. This is called karma, the work of the soul, and in every existential program, there will be plenty of opporunities for every soul to complete/balance and break through every major karmic pattern that is no longer useful to the soul, evolutionarily speaking.

Is there anything wrong with karmic self-mimicry, with copying the patterns from our past lives, then?

Of course not. There's no right or wrong in this world. Besides, the patterns we generated in past existences (whether physical lifetimes or in extraphysical intermissive periods), are our own. They define (energetically, karmically) who we are. Thus it is natural for one to continue behaving like oneself, across lifetimes.

HOWEVER, the only question we need to ask ourselves is, if a particular pattern is no longer useful in a certain context today, would it be wise (ie. evolutionarily profitable) for me to continue applying this pattern? Or could I possibly (make use of this opportunity to) evolve this pattern, into something that could be more (evolutionarily) profitable to me, giving me greater levels of light, love and joy, as well as to all others involved?

[ ok Hawk, now back to you ]

>>> Well.... I thought about it a bit last night and here's what I realised.
I would NEVER challenge a person who was likely to be "the real deal". 
If I challenged a person it could be because:
1. The guy is a total fake.
2. The guy is really a psychic but there is something wrong with him. (ie. lack of discernment, greed, ego.... etc)
The thing is... at that point in time when I meet the likely charlatans,  I wont actually know why I am drawn to talk to them. 
I recalled the psychic fair and realised that I had zeroed in on that group of healers unconsciously because deep down inside I kinda sensed...... FAAAAAKKKKKEEEEEEE and had to SAY SOMETHING to them.  <<<

Yes, good clarity of thoughts there. As you realize, your desire to 'say something' to them (those who are either fakes or have ego issues), is born out of good intentions (to either help them or others around them). Thus this particular karmic pattern of yours, has good intentions behind it. (the exact incident(s) in past lifetimes that gave rise to this, you may still like to research out with another trip to your Records).

We're NOT saying, "You're trapped in a meaningless pattern, so break out of it" (that would be in the style of the unhelpful doctor), but rather, "oftentimes if we do not exercise a the effort to remain lucid and conscious of all our actions/patterns, we often end up doing things (even if this was for good reasons to begin with) in certain patterns, and stay in those patterns, even if it might not be in our (and everyone's) best interest to apply it in the current context. Be careful that we're doing something only if our wisdom says it is the most helpful thing to do HERE, and not doing something because we're used to dealing with situations this way, since ten thousand lifetimes ago."

As the guides & helpers have relayed (to you) through T, "you are very close to breaking the karmic cycle". This does NOT imply you should give up the positive reasons behind this karmic pattern (ie. to stop charlatans), but rather, it is the execution of your intentions, that could evolve to a more helpful (for yourself and everyone else) means. How exactly this will occur, is up to your free will, of course.

To begin the evolution of a karmic pattern, we apply Byron Katie's clarification process, by inquiring what does this entire episode teach you about yourself. (Remember by the Laws of Manifestation and Reflection, (and indeed this is one of the major pedagogical purposes of physical incarnations), that EVERYTHING we observe around us, has something to teach us about ourselves, always look within for the answers, TURN IT AROUND).

Your statement might be, "People should not be charlatans and deceive others around them."

Turn it around, and you get, " *I* should not be a charlatan, and deceive others around me."

It's the truth, isn't it? That's why you're NOT a charlatan, because you have concern for the harm that arises from such charlatan ways.

Now, remember that we cannot judge others. What we can and should do, is to judge ourselves in that we are against charlatan ways and state our will not to be charlatan, but we cannot be sure of the intentions and levels of 'charlatancy' behind any particular individual. Furthermore, as Byron Katie puts it, whose business is it if someone else is really a charlatan? Is it his business or yours? Thus, to get upset because *he* chose to be a charlatan, is not taking care of your own business, which is to is ask yourself WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP IN THE SITUATION?

You'd be surprised, that the answer might be as simple as, "while in the past it was I get upset, and I expose him; now I remain calm, and expose him". Or "now I have an sympathic understanding for a soul struggling with ego issues, and I advise him". Or "now I directly advise those who might be deceived by this charlatan, without directly getting karmically involved with the charlatan by a direct attack on him", etc.

How you evolve your karmic patterns, is entirely up to your free will and preference.

Also from the Turn Around statement of, " *I* should not be a charlatan, and deceive others around me."

Ask yourself, if there might be any other areas in your life that you might possibly be some sort of charlatan, not necessarily to others, and not necessarily on a psychic level, but perhaps to yourself, on an emotional level, etc. The point of this part of Byron Katie's process, is simply to maximize profitability in terms of learning and evolving, from the insights we learn about ourselves. Be honest and courageous for your own sake, and see what else you can teach yourself.

Difficult people/situations are actually not our teachers, as popular new age wisdom might have it. Difficult people/situations actually offer OPPORTUNITIES for our learning (with our issues), it is our own wisdom and love (ie. God), that teaches us to evolve better ways to go about our business, our relationships, our existence. All the same, we would do well to appreciate, and be grateful for, these difficult people/situations with whom these opportunities (to evolve from our issues) come with. But most importantly, we have the courage and willingness to evolve from such, this minimizes the karmic need for difficult situations and suffering.

There will come a time in every soul's path, when he is given a choice, to bit by bit, give up the path of learning by suffering, and to begin learning by a higher method, the path of beauty, joy and love. The more willing we are to keep the focus of Love in our hearts and to honour the way of evolution (as a natural expression of Love), the willingness to learn and evolve under all circumstances and situations, the less we have to benefit from suffering, the less suffering is needed to be experienced, karma serves it's function as it was designed for, and evolution is accelerated. Love is the basis and essence of all this.

Next, you extend the Turn Around statement a little further, by applying the principle of love, and you arrive at the realization, "I do not wish for my loved ones to be harmed by such charlatan ways; hence I do not wish for any and all of Creation, to be harmed by such charlatan ways."

This is an important statement, that not only provides deeper insight on your anger at charlatans, but more importantly, reaffirms that love was the basis for your emotions/patterns in the first place. This is important because it connects you back to Love, (thus) to all whom you love, (thus) to God, (thus) to all Creation.

And it allows you the opporunity, to re-affirm that that (the love) is your choice. But now you have the clarity, and the free will, to choose to KEEP the motivation of love, but EVOLVE the mechanism by which you express your love. In other words, to change the pattern (of hatred for charlatans), to some other pattern that allows you to more effectively make a difference with your love, to help others (those who might be decieved by charlatans, as well as the charlatans themselves).

The Turn Around statement (and the extension statement by principle of Love) that you formulate with regards to specific issues that you identify you're dealing with, teaches you about the true motivation/intention/purpose for the karmic pattern that you have created, worked with, and at times trapped yourself in. This is of great value in and of itself.

But most importantly, you ask yourself lucidly and with wisdom, "understanding my original intentions clearly now, and in this current (or any) given situation, WHAT IS THE MOST HELPFUL THING I CAN DO?"

Rather than (unthinkingly), follow into the old karmic and emotional patterns of getting upset, being on the offensive, etc. Old patterns may be borne out of good intentions, but keep your patterns alive and evolving, becoming better and better with each next situation, more and more helpful to yourself, your relationships, everyone around.

People often complain about endless suffering in physical incarnations, well whaddya know, the suffering comes from ourselves, and no one else (and physical incarnations helpfully offer us the opportunities to change these self-inflicting patterns in ourselves). More importantly, no one has the power to stop our suffering, only we ourselves can. (Byron Katie)

>>> Well... Ive decided Im gonna break this karmic cycle. After all, I dont see myself as the witchhunter type and er.... its completely nuts..... To think, the only reason for my pottering around all the new age places is cos I am rounding up all the fakes? It just boogles the mind to think about it. <<<

Yes, this entire episode/discussion underscores the urgent need (from at evolutionalist point of view; that of the guides & helpers, evolutionary orientors) for all of us to consistently exercise the effort, to remain as clear (lucid) and conscious for all our emotions/thoughts/actions as possible. To be true to ourselves, and to evolve (evolution in love; the purpose of existence), we must stop RE-ACTING to situations/relationships based on old karmic patterns that might be no longer useful, and start ACTING (on our true will) in full consciousness and clarity, in wisdom and in love, towards the highest CosmoEthic, to bring forth ever greater levels of light and love, into the consciousness of God, and for the benefit of all of Creation.

Kyo

http://infinity.hispeed.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1109037582/0#5

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.